Look what I did on my car when my wife is sleeping

Taka

For $35 buck on a dyno day it is a lot of fun! Dynoing my RX-8 getting boring until I tubro it right?

Kluger so far: BONE STOCK; 20000km, due to have oil change and service. 16 degree day, humid, raining. 95 RON BP fuel. 35psi stock tyres. 3rd gear run. VDC off.

I am sure there is more kW if I change oil and use 98RON!

There is surely a lot of loss of power from the 4WD system and those flexible tyres. The 350Z get 145-150kW stock on the same dyno.

DSC01336.jpg

They have tied down my 2 tonner to get more kW on the dyno :D

DSC01341.jpg

Dyno in action

YouTube:

DSC01345.jpg

Look at how rich the Air Fuel ratio is. Under 11 is obscene.... Toyota should be banned putting that much fuel in.

Nice result there Taka,

(I remember back in the days I was happy with 130kw atw on my first Forester AFTER spending money on mods!!)

I agree it's running quite rich, guess there's quite a bit of safety built into the factory tune, but makes you ponder the potential possibilities :spiteful:

Nice linear power graph too :)

Cheers

Edited by holmesie

where can we do this at?

Many places. I forgot where you are located? I did this at ProTek in Preston VIC.

Go to a dyno day and make sure they have 4 wheel roller dyno. Non dyno day cost a lot more. Dyno days have 35 cars or so to share the cost of operating the machine the whole day. So make it like $35 a car. Otherwise $80-$90.

As you have a better chassis and front wheel drive in aurion, at least better tyres. You will have over 140kW at the dyno I went to. Of course, tieing down and different dyno and different day will give you different figures. Even morning or arvo dyno will be different due to temperature and humidity.

Ah... I am sure there is something in the Bayside/Mordialloc area. I shall find out where the BMW tune their cars with.

Stick with one dyno I would say, coz between dyno there is too much variable.

LOL, the dyno and your VBox figure are both guestimates, but I am sure yours is way powerful since you are doing 7 sec flat 0-100.

Since oil has a major difference in performance, I am sure old oil I used is 10kW less haha.

LOL, the dyno and your VBox figure are both guestimates, but I am sure yours is way powerful since you are doing 7 sec flat 0-100.

Since oil has a major difference in performance, I am sure old oil I used is 10kW less haha.

Yeah its a real cool comparison mate, full props for going to the dyno ;) ...... I think it all correlates really well given the straight line performance of my one :)

When I come back from my tuning trip I will hook up my AFR probes and do a plot of the mixture on raod V's what you got on the dyno, typically it runs a tad leaner on road as well compared to a rolling road test cell.

Edited by RICE RACING

• 3 weeks later...
Nice result there Taka,

(I remember back in the days I was happy with 130kw atw on my first Forester AFTER spending money on mods!!)

I agree it's running quite rich, guess there's quite a bit of safety built into the factory tune, but makes you ponder the potential possibilities :spiteful:

Nice linear power graph too :)

Cheers

I logged mine today for AFR curve

Did a total full tank run on 98 Ultimate, AFR was from 12.30 to 11.20:1 for majority of the rpm range in 1st and 2nd gear on a 7.57second 0-100kph time and in the last few hundred revs the AFR dropped down to 10.90:1 (on the gear change the AFR goes dead rich for a few 10th's of a second 9.99:1). I will take the data off the lap top and post it up in summary and graph form. AFR at all other times is held rock solid at 14.50:1 during cruising/idle etc.

If they are 10% difference then what is the point of dynoing the car then... hmmm.

BTW how much oil do you need for the Kluger? I may change it to the Golden Syrup you suggested.

If they are 10% difference then what is the point of dynoing the car then... hmmm.

BTW how much oil do you need for the Kluger? I may change it to the Golden Syrup you suggested.

one and bit containers ! (5.7 from memory???) dunno its in my thread need to troll through it and find exact figure for you.

I personally hate rolling road dyno's, hence why I use my VBOX set up to tune all cars.

• 7 months later...

Tested the Kluger today, this new VBOX is good! amazing bit of gear ! Power through gears (1st to 2nd) Tested 2 different launch techniques (tested) Report 100kphtestsd.jpg Test one load up trans 0-100kph 7.60 seconds 111111111111y.jpg Test two no load 0-100kph 7.88 seconds 222222222222r.jpg Power check after tests in 2nd 3333333333333w.jpg Suicide Bomber kit scuicidebomber.jpg

nice power :clap: , so is it your own vbox these use to be fairly expensive where'd u get this one

Yes it's mine, the complete set up I use is about $40,000 worth of gear all up.

My new VB3i came straight from Race Logic Factory last week, my new system uses IMU http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=VBOX-Prod...easurement_Unit < which gives real time integration in with the GPS signals the VBOX see's *all in all a much better result can be obtained*. < Not that my old VBOX3 was bad this one is just on another level again and means it can be used in many more placed where just the std normal VBOX would struggle with poor "velocity quality" (read: interference).

For $35 buck on a dyno day it is a lot of fun! Dynoing my RX-8 getting boring until I turbo it right?

Kluger so far: BONE STOCK; 20000km, due to have oil change and service. 16 degree day, humid, raining. 95 RON BP fuel. 35psi stock tyres. 3rd gear run. VDC off.

If its like my Subaru a oil change will help greatly as your Toyota ECU may have been retarding the motor on the Dyno, 98 would definitely help on the Dyno but maybe not so much in the real world as its not tuned to it.

Subaru has a thing called the "Advance Multiplier" if the car is not happy you wont get good results.

I have found for constant good results use the best fuel you can afford, change your oil to the best you can afford regularly, I get my gearbox oil dropped nearly every second service as it goes through hell most days...but that's just me

Look up you would have more power than 85% of the cars on the road...the weight is a different issue...LOL :)

For $35 buck on a dyno day it is a lot of fun! Dynoing my RX-8 getting boring until I turbo it right?

If its like my Subaru a oil change will help greatly as your Toyota ECU may have been retarding the motor on the Dyno, 98 would definitely help on the Dyno but maybe not so much in the real world as its not tuned to it.

Subaru has a thing called the "Advance Multiplier" if the car is not happy you wont get good results.

I have found for constant good results use the best fuel you can afford, change your oil to the best you can afford regularly, I get my gearbox oil dropped nearly every second service as it goes through hell most days...but that's just me

Look up you would have more power than 85% of the cars on the road...the weight is a different issue...LOL :)

The ECU 100% does some things to the tune! I did some runs where I was only getting 145awkw region (posted in my thread) then on way home on retest it was back at its normal 165~170awkw zone.

Some times on road I find different power in 3rd gear v's 2nd gear (ECU is pulling it on purpose?). Lots of stuff goes on that we are not fully aware of I am sure.

I tested a FD3S Mazda today on same test track where I did my Kluger *again* this morning at 8am. The Kluger got 165awkw and the FD3S Mazda did 189rwkw! :)