New Aurion due soon

ToyotaFreak

September 17,2008 - With the mid-class car market in China getting more and more competitive, Guangzhou Toyota is set to launch its 2009 Camry model on September 22, said xinhuanet.com today.

An insider from the joint venture said that the 2009 Camry has got little facelift over its predecessor, but this new model will be equipped with Toyota's vehicle stability control (VSC) system and the car reversing radar system for the vehicle's better performance and higher safety.

As the 2009 Camry model is coming to the market, the selling price of the 2008 Camry model has begun to fall. In Beijing 4S stores of Guangzhou Toyota, a discount of about 10%, or 24,000 yuan ($3,500), can be offered to the buyer of any model in the 2008 Camry series. The dealers also offer interior decoration as a giveaway to the 2008 Camry buyer.

The Toyota Camry became the best seller of mid- to high-end cars in China in the first half of this year, when its wholesale hit 79,061 units. Both the output and sales of the Camry car made by Guangzhou Toyota have exceeded 300,000 units over two years since it was launched to the Chinese market on June 17, 2006.

Apparently, the updated version (Known as the Camry in China, Taiwan & ASEAN.), will be released on the 22nd of September in China.

In other words, that's tomorrow!

Will be interesting to see what changes are made. :)

Source: http://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/showpo...amp;postcount=5

TF

not sure how big the update will be

to me 2009 Camry/Aurion will be the same inside and out for both China and US, as it continues to be the top seller in mid engine segment of both markets

the motortrend article has a bit more info, and it seems to be...all the same as current model unfortunately

2009 Camry to hit China market on Sept 22

http://www.huliq.com/3169/68593/2009-camry...-market-sept-22

First Look: 2009 Toyota Camry

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans...look/index.html

edit: I want them to update with a knee airbag (like US Camry XLE) and the ~$0 electronics to sense passenger seatbelt

redo the pole the test

that'll add 2 + 1 + 2 points to the ANCAP score hehe

Edited by tekkyy

Mostly the Aurion is not such a bad car by default... there is probably very little that you would see in a new model just from the fact that very little needs changing!

From my own observations after driving my car daily.. I think there are a few improvements I'd like to see..

- 5 Star safety rating (I still cannot believe it only got a 4 star...)

- Auto transmission refinement (no surging, jolt or lag between gears)

- On/Off switch for traction control

- Wipers that automatically slow down when u stop at lights, then go normal when moving (like Honda has)

- Climate control that in hot weather and cold setting (without aircon) doesn't still blow hot air. My 18 year old Magna could even do that properly!

- As mentioned above, passenger seatbelt warning would be nice

- Put padding between plastic surfaces to prevent rattles (the same kit that Toyota fits to fix the same issue)

- Better door speaker baffle design to prevent the "boominess" of the stock drivers

A few additions or options that should be either optional or standard:

- Active cruise control

- Manual transmission

- AWD

It would actually be interesting to see what others have noticed could be improved / added to the Aurion. It is a great car as is, but there is always room for improvement! You never know, Toyota may even have people who troll forums just to hear what people like us want to see!

Correct me If i am wrong but didn't It only get a four because Toyota refused to allow the final test to take place

Edited by mrdau

Correct me If i am wrong but didn't It only get a four because Toyota refused to allow the final test to take place

I thought I read somewhere that they actually finally had the test done in the end, but it didn't change the rating? Maybe just misread it, or got bad info lol

I thought I read somewhere that they actually finally had the test done in the end, but it didn't change the rating? Maybe just misread it, or got bad info lol

I could be behind in my info man it was just something i read A while ago but it could have changed since then.

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleD...ArticleID=55735

this article says Toyota has done internal testing

not sure about formal ANCAP test

but yes it won't change the rating yet

Aurion 30.13 + pole test 2 = 32.13

need 32.5 for 5 star

hence I sugguest they add the passenger seat belt reminder (+1 points)

good thing that article also says they'll do it for 2009 update

I also mentioned knee airbag

why?

Aurion lose 2 points for knee compartment, reflected under the "upper legs" score

this masks the otherwise superior frontal offset result

most cars get a 4 point "head/neck" score, but it seems only Aurion managed get a 4 point "chest" score

frontalcj3.png

and knee airbag is already on US Camry XLE and Lexus IS250

so no problems putting it on me thinks

is it true that aurion's have problems when cold starting? like some article(s) i read in cars guide that they hear some tappet noise upon starting it cold? and the noise eases down when engine is warming.

i like the aurion, well, to be honest, can't afford one now, but maybe i can get one next year.

can anyone testify to this rumours?

KRS71N

is it true that aurion's have problems when cold starting? like some article(s) i read in cars guide that they hear some tappet noise upon starting it cold? and the noise eases down when engine is warming.

i like the aurion, well, to be honest, can't afford one now, but maybe i can get one next year.

which cars guide?

I live in Sydney and its not cold enough

but some noise will reduce as engine warms up as the idle rev drops

redbook says you could get 2006 Aurion AT-X for $23k

the value hasn't changed in the last few months

ie. they haven't adjusted for recent drop in large car prices yet

can anyone testify to this rumours?

Don't even worry about that - because it honestly means nothing. Yes they do make a little tappet noise on startup, which disappears after approx 3 mins driving. It is very quiet tappet noise, and you won't even notice it unless you are listening for it.

There is no damage to the tappets or engine, and it doesn't effect the running of the engine itself either.

Mostly the Aurion is not such a bad car by default... there is probably very little that you would see in a new model just from the fact that very little needs changing!

From my own observations after driving my car daily.. I think there are a few improvements I'd like to see..

- Auto transmission refinement (no surging, jolt or lag between gears)

- On/Off switch for traction control

- Wipers that automatically slow down when u stop at lights, then go normal when moving (like Honda has)

- Climate control that in hot weather and cold setting (without aircon) doesn't still blow hot air. My 18 year old Magna could even do that properly!

- As mentioned above, passenger seatbelt warning would be nice

- Put padding between plastic surfaces to prevent rattles (the same kit that Toyota fits to fix the same issue)

- Better door speaker baffle design to prevent the "boominess" of the stock drivers

A few additions or options that should be either optional or standard:

- Active cruise control

- Manual transmission

- AWD

It would actually be interesting to see what others have noticed could be improved / added to the Aurion. It is a great car as is, but there is always room for improvement! You never know, Toyota may even have people who troll forums just to hear what people like us want to see!

Agree with all of the above and would also add:

Being able to dim centre console lighting

Audio system that plays DVD

Climate control is rubbish

Better trip/fuel computer

Telescopic boot hinges (like falcon)

Better Audio sound system

probably more if I think about it

re-adjust angle of front headrests (for those of you on lower model, doesn't the angle seem a bit too forward?)

2 more front parking sensor

trip computer, add current fuel consumption (that would answer all fuel consumption questions)