Horn upgrade and installation

boxerboy

I have a Stebel horn I was going to put on my bike, which already has Fiamm's.

However, the Aurion horn is a little anaemic, I've heard better on a step thru, so I'm thinking maybe the car should get the Stebel.

Where do I start?

Well a good starting point would be to remove the old horn. Most horns you buy should have a mounting bracket that allows you to bolt it on directly to where the old one was. With the stock horn, the wire that plugs into it applies positive power, and it grounds through the horn and mounting bolt. Everything else is pretty straight forward.

okay, i could be COMPLETELY wrong here, but i'm pretty sure that last time i looked at my engine bay, the horn was on the passenger side strut tower...

mine is a TRD, so it may be different to the normal aurions... but its a little strange to not have the horn at the front, no? :huh:

okay, i could be COMPLETELY wrong here, but i'm pretty sure that last time i looked at my engine bay, the horn was on the passenger side strut tower...

mine is a TRD, so it may be different to the normal aurions... but its a little strange to not have the horn at the front, no? :huh:

The horn you are referring to would be the alarm horn. It is only part of the immobiliser/alarm system. You will still find two horns in front of your radiator.

• 9 months later...

after letting my sister drive my car over the weekend (it was her birthday) and then listening to my horn as she needed to get my attention as she couldn't find the park brake, i have agreed that the horn needs to be replaced.

I'll most likely be doing this through EBay after reading that its mostly plug and play and should be able to do it myself but what do i need to search EBay for please?

I'll most likely be doing this through EBay after reading that its mostly plug and play and should be able to do it myself but what do i need to search EBay for please?

Air horn :lol:

Try searching for just 'car horn' and choose one that fancies you. Anything which says it should be loud should hopefully do the trick.

How about something like this. 139dB:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Chromed-Stebel-Naut...93%3A1|294%3A50

There doesn't seem to be much on eBay in terms of loud non-air horns. Autobarn or Super Cheap seem to have more of them.