HID Upgrade

Aborchy

For anyone wondering if they should upgrade their normal stock headlights to HID JUST DO IT!!! I purchased a 10000K kit with balasts and globes from ebay for $32 AUD for the H7 Low beam. They went straight in with the exception of removing the metal retaining clip from the existing socket and attaching it to the new globes. HOLY C%&P!!! the difference is huge. The road just lights up and you can see everything.....awesome!!

I dont think I will bother with HID for the high beams as i do mostly suburban driving but have ordered another kit for the H11 Spots matching LED wedges for the parkers.

I also replaced the number plate & boot globes with T10 wedge super bright 4000K LED's. The car is black and chrome and with these lights it looks unreal which I am suprised to say about a Camry.

If anyone needs help with the install let me know but whatever you do........just do it the benefits speak for themselves.

Cheers

I will try and take some pis for you. The retaining clip is was attached to the original light socket. i just lifted it off with needle nose pliers and then threaded the new HID wiring (2 wires) through the hole in the middle then inserted the whole thing into the projector. The retaining clip locks everything in just as it would with any other H7.

Still really wrapped at how much difference this makes........they should be standard on all cars. Thinking of upgrading the lights on my motorbike now. :)

• 1 month later...
I will try and take some pis for you. The retaining clip is was attached to the original light socket. i just lifted it off with needle nose pliers and then threaded the new HID wiring (2 wires) through the hole in the middle then inserted the whole thing into the projector. The retaining clip locks everything in just as it would with any other H7.

Still really wrapped at how much difference this makes........they should be standard on all cars. Thinking of upgrading the lights on my motorbike now. :)

Hi, I am new here..

Please also send me the pics so that I can upgrade the light on my camry, Thanks! Do you need my email address?

I don't know what to do with the retaining clips.. the light bulb will need to be held by the clips to the housing, but not sure how this can be done with the HID light bulb where the cable is directly attached to the bulb..

Thanks aborchy.

Caulfield, VIC..

Ahh..finally ebay's universal HID H7 kit is on my camry.. thanks for the thread above, very simple installation indeed if you understand what Aborchy said :) no cutting / modifications required to the currect electrical system / headlight harness or stock housing..

Now, probably too late to ask this question, the light is very-very bright compared to my previous phillips crystal vision, I put the 6000K bulb 35W, will the cops be 'attracted' to give me tickets?

Thanks guys!

would they fit the gen 3 camry? or is a different model that does fit?

have they all been from ebay? are they all around $30 ish mark?

it may be a silly question, but whats the difference between the H7 and the H4 - wat do the numbers mean?

Edited by manu_boy

would they fit the gen 3 camry? or is a different model that does fit?

have they all been from ebay? are they all around $30 ish mark?

it may be a silly question, but whats the difference between the H7 and the H4 - wat do the numbers mean?

the H7-H4 is the bulb size, depending on what car you drive, it requires specific bulbs. the 6000K, 8000K, 10000K numbers are the temperature of the bulbs (meaning the colour). the higher number, they bluer it gets, to the point where its purple.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for bringing old thread up.

I just want to ask Aborchy and l10n_k1ng that where do you mount the ballast for the left head light? I can't find a suitable place to mount it. A picture would be great.

My car is 2007 Camry Sportivo by the way.

Thanks,

Lang

im interested in pics to i have change my 03 camry and man its the best i interested in ur 4000k led i have never hesrd of a t10 putting out thatt much so i would like to see a pic i hsve 8000k hid and i cant find any led to match it..did u get it from ebay

Sorry for bringing old thread up.

I just want to ask Aborchy and l10n_k1ng that where do you mount the ballast for the left head light? I can't find a suitable place to mount it. A picture would be great.

My car is 2007 Camry Sportivo by the way.

Thanks,

Lang

Sorry for the very late reply here....have been OS.

Anyway I attached the ballast next to the fuse box on the passenger side and next to the ABS mad on the drivers side. Both secured with cable ties so no drilling required.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the very late reply here....have been OS.

Anyway I attached the ballast next to the fuse box on the passenger side and next to the ABS mad on the drivers side. Both secured with cable ties so no drilling required.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Aborchy,

I've also managed to cable tied them securely inside engine compartment. 2 pictures attached for anyone interested in knowing where to put them.

Where these the one you bought?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2-BULBS-XENON-HID-C...%3A1%7C294%3A50

So you can put them straight in like changing a normal halogen light?

Would it void the warranty lol?

Harlo, those items are just 2 xenon bulbs. You actualy need a whole kit in order for them to work which included 2 ballasts.

post-13194-1242560062_thumb.jpg

post-13194-1242560198_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
For anyone wondering if they should upgrade their normal stock headlights to HID JUST DO IT!!! I purchased a 10000K kit with balasts and globes from ebay for $32 AUD for the H7 Low beam. They went straight in with the exception of removing the metal retaining clip from the existing socket and attaching it to the new globes. HOLY C%&P!!! the difference is huge. The road just lights up and you can see everything.....awesome!!

I dont think I will bother with HID for the high beams as i do mostly suburban driving but have ordered another kit for the H11 Spots matching LED wedges for the parkers.

I also replaced the number plate & boot globes with T10 wedge super bright 4000K LED's. The car is black and chrome and with these lights it looks unreal which I am suprised to say about a Camry.

If anyone needs help with the install let me know but whatever you do........just do it the benefits speak for themselves.

Cheers

Great work...Mate, need help with installation as I can't seem to fit new globes & attach it to retainer clip. There is nothing for globes to hold on onto on retainer clip.

ta,