something to replace my eagle f1's

black turkey

hey i am needing to buy more tires again, the last 2 sets of tires have been goodyear eagle f1's, i have been very happy with them but i just cant afford to replace them so often, the last 2 front tires have lasted 11,000km and i cant justify buying them again. OK so what im after is a high performance Tyre (not max performance, so no silica please.) with cool looking tread pattern, and reasonable grip, i understand i cant get one which grips as well as my current ones, but something decent is preferred.

so any help will be appreciated

hey i am needing to buy more tires again, the last 2 sets of tires have been goodyear eagle f1's, i have been very happy with them but i just cant afford to replace them so often, the last 2 front tires have lasted 11,000km and i cant justify buying them again. OK so what im after is a high performance Tyre (not max performance, so no silica please.) with cool looking tread pattern, and reasonable grip, i understand i cant get one which grips as well as my current ones, but something decent is preferred.

so any help will be appreciated

Maybe try the Toyo Proxes 4. Very good tyres from what I have heard. Maybe someone with them (Jayme?) can give some feedback. Apparently they have good treadwear.

as long as they do not fall under ultra high performance or max performance they will be great. the tread pattern is fairly nice with them, the proxy S/T looks nicer tho, but they might be in a max category

edit: ahh dam, they are silica, so stuff that, i need something to last and not flat spot the first time i have to lock em up.

edit 2: hmm, it looks like the category below the F1 also uses a silica compound, well the sp sport 3000a does (found on xr6/8's), its this kind of tyre im after, something that can last 30,000+ km. im so confused

Edited by black turkey

as long as they do not fall under ultra high performance or max performance they will be great. the tread pattern is fairly nice with them, the proxy S/T looks nicer tho, but they might be in a max category

edit: ahh dam, they are silica, so stuff that, i need something to last and not flat spot the first time i have to lock em up.

edit 2: hmm, it looks like the category below the F1 also uses a silica compound, well the sp sport 3000a does (found on xr6/8's), its this kind of tyre im after, something that can last 30,000+ km. im so confused

Whether the tyre has silica or not does not mean it will wear out quickly. You should be looking at the treadwear rating. When compared to othe tyres, it should give you an estimate on how long long your tyres should last. In other words don't go looking for soft compound tyres.

Just checked the Proxes S/T. They are for light trucks and SUVs..

Edited by and1

Bridgestone GIII's - aka, Adrelines are good value for money.

Guys use these street tyres for track day rims.

They have a semi slick design shoulder. :D Camber FTW! RE001

bridgestone_potenza-re001-adrenalin.jpg

Edited by RME1

Bridgestone GIII's - aka, Adrelines are good value for money.

GIIIs are no longer sold in most sizes, they have been replaced by the RE001 Adrenalin, which is a different design.

Toyo T1Rs FTW!! excellent tyres. Very little road noise compared to the Bridgestone Turanzas ER30 I had before. And man do they grip :D