what taillights are these?

Hey guys,

I came across this photo and noticed the taillights. I know the prefacelift japan taillights have the stripes BUT this corolla appears to be a different kind, notice the holes in the housing of the lights? like they are meant for LEDs...

anyone know much about them?

Cheers

post-8229-1224256199_thumb.jpg

I think that they may just be the JDM Tail Lights. The 'holes' that you see, might just be because of the angle it's taken at? Though I'm not too sure, maybe someone else can confirm..

I think that they may just be the JDM Tail Lights. The 'holes' that you see, might just be because of the angle it's taken at? Though I'm not too sure, maybe someone else can confirm..

pretty sure they r jdm taillight like KT said and thts just a eyelid for the tail light :D

Looks to be some sort of rear lip molded into the factory bumper, some sort of side skirts, and some sort of front skirt...

I'm not much help am I, Jeremy? HAHA. But I have to say, I'm not a fan of his/her wheels.. nor am I a fan of the taillight eyelids.

Yup. The tail lights are no doubt from Japan. I saw them during my visit there. I love the reverse lighting strips. Can hardly see any in Aussie. If you want it, i suppose you can only order 'em from Jap. correct me if i'm wrong. And The tail lid is an add-on.

Yup. The tail lights are no doubt from Japan. I saw them during my visit there. I love the reverse lighting strips. Can hardly see any in Aussie. If you want it, i suppose you can only order 'em from Jap. correct me if i'm wrong. And The tail lid is an add-on.

the eyelids are an add on. ive got the top section on my lights.

Another view:

TRDYUS, were the jdm taillights hard to install? I was looking at the wiring loom and the plug looks different to my facelift tailights (jdm has two rows of pins whereas mine is only one row of pins)

TRDYUS, your rear kit looks quite similar to the one in the picture. And it's sexy. Do u know the origin company (ie. brand name) or is it a custom one? Thanks. - Martin -

Not sure of the one pictured, will look out for it.

Mine is just the Toyota(Aus) rear skirt molded into the bumper.

Another view:

TRDYUS, were the jdm taillights hard to install? I was looking at the wiring loom and the plug looks different to my facelift tailights (jdm has two rows of pins whereas mine is only one row of pins)

Well I had only received the taillight housing & therefore needed to remove two tabs off the reverse holders & also needed to purchase thinner signal bulbs then re-fit.

The taillights are held on with 3 bolts, be careful not to drop them while taking off because they will land in an never ending pit right below the rear bumper.

This is for the sportivo's

For 1zz if you purchase it with the loom it should fit straight in.

Edited by TRDYUS

TRDYUS, your rear kit looks quite similar to the one in the picture. And it's sexy. Do u know the origin company (ie. brand name) or is it a custom one? Thanks. - Martin -

Not sure of the one pictured, will look out for it.

Mine is just the Toyota(Aus) rear skirt molded into the bumper.

Another view:

Well I had only received the taillight housing & therefore needed to remove two tabs off the reverse holders & also needed to purchase thinner signal bulbs then re-fit.

The taillights are held on with 3 bolts, be careful not to drop them while taking off because they will land in an never ending pit right below the rear bumper.

This is for the sportivo's

For 1zz if you purchase it with the loom it should fit straight in.

I have the facelift taillights which uses the plastic panel to hold the bulbs, what does the prefacelift wiring loom plug look like? will it plug straight into my facelift corolla?

they originaly come on the 03 runx from japan..have a pair on my car

The picture i posted looked a little different compared to the OEM jdm lights, the lens is smoked but the lens looks more clearer (transparent) to see the chrome-like inner housing with holes for LEDs or something.

Most likely a modified jdm taillight?