v6 rolla

you reckon if it would be possible to put say an aurions v6 into the new rolla???? cuz toyota japan says the corolla/auris engine bay was designed to fit a v6

seeing i cant even stick my hand between the **** under my bonnet its that tight id probly think not mate

There's also the Toyota Blade which has the 2AZ-FE camry engine in it and CVT and 4WD.

I swear if I could import a Blade Master G, i'd sell me Levin ZR straight away...

The Blade Master G is so pimped up! 0-100km/h in approx 5 secs (quicker than TRD Aurion), shift paddles, VSC, leather seats and it's cheaper than the Levin ZR here... T_T

There's also the Toyota Blade which has the 2AZ-FE camry engine in it and CVT and 4WD.

I swear if I could import a Blade Master G, i'd sell me Levin ZR straight away...

The Blade Master G is so pimped up! 0-100km/h in approx 5 secs (quicker than TRD Aurion), shift paddles, VSC, leather seats and it's cheaper than the Levin ZR here... T_T

Be the first one and import it :whistling:

I dont kiss, but i can tell lol. Maybe go onto http://www.fatfrogimports.com.au/cars/ and check it out. I know alot of people who imported JDM Nissan Pulsar's through this bloke. Also I know another bloke and if you want I can talk to him for you.... Could be hard though, because if theres none already in australia, IT being the first one would take a while* for it to get road registered.

*Possily 8 months - 1.5 yrs.

there already is a 3.5 v6 rolla in japan its call something like a willies v or s but it exists n when if trd releases a trd corolla it will either have v6 2.4 or turbo or s/c 1.8 all i do know to be trd it has to produce atleaset 40kw more power (dont ask how i know this)

It's been done but we'll probably never see it down under...

Toyota Blade Master G

there already is a 3.5 v6 rolla in japan its call something like a willies v or s but it exists

It's called the Blade Master G (nothing like Willies, no idea where you got that from), and it has already been mentioned in this thread at least twice.

n when if trd releases a trd corolla it will either have v6 2.4 or turbo or s/c 1.8 all i do know to be trd it has to produce atleaset 40kw more power (dont ask how i know this)

How do you know this? Sounds like rumours and heresay and bull**** to me, any evidence to back it up? And to be a TRD product they just need to brand it as such - there have been only two TRD models so far, both of which use the same supercharger on the engine family, so of course the gains are similar and both around 40-50kw

if trd releases a trd corolla it will either have v6 2.4 or turbo or s/c 1.8 all i do know to be trd it has to produce atleaset 40kw more power (dont ask how i know this)

You know this from an interview on Drive.com.au

Toyota Australia’s senior executive director of sales and marketing, David Buttner, says plans for a TRD Corolla have been hindered by the lack of a suitable performance engine.

“If you look at that hot-hatch segment from an engine performance point of view, we asked what [engine] output could we get from the existing Corolla,” says Buttner.

“And there was nothing we could do to get sufficient [power] output to make us compettitve against what are some very good offerings in that [hot-hatch] segment.

“If you can’t match [rivals] in terms of kilowatts [it’s a problem], and we couldn’t even get close.

Buttner says Toyota’s best efforts to extract more power from the Corolla’s 1.8-litre four-cylinder engine (currently 100kW) were still “20 to 25kW off” matching hot-hatches such as the 147kW VW Golf GTI.

Toyota Australia has also ruled out two overseas Corollas because of homologation issues and re-engineering costs. Japan has a Corolla model called the Blade Master that’s powered by the same 200kW V6 in the Aurion, Kluger and RAV4, and Europe has a 132kW 2.2-litre turbo diesel Corolla.

Edited by jps137

if trd releases a trd corolla it will either have v6 2.4 or turbo or s/c 1.8 all i do know to be trd it has to produce atleaset 40kw more power (dont ask how i know this)

You know this from an interview on Drive.com.au

Toyota Australia’s senior executive director of sales and marketing, David Buttner, says plans for a TRD Corolla have been hindered by the lack of a suitable performance engine.

“If you look at that hot-hatch segment from an engine performance point of view, we asked what [engine] output could we get from the existing Corolla,” says Buttner.

“And there was nothing we could do to get sufficient [power] output to make us compettitve against what are some very good offerings in that [hot-hatch] segment.

“If you can’t match [rivals] in terms of kilowatts [it’s a problem], and we couldn’t even get close.

Buttner says Toyota’s best efforts to extract more power from the Corolla’s 1.8-litre four-cylinder engine (currently 100kW) were still “20 to 25kW off” matching hot-hatches such as the 147kW VW Golf GTI.

Toyota Australia has also ruled out two overseas Corollas because of homologation issues and re-engineering costs. Japan has a Corolla model called the Blade Master that’s powered by the same 200kW V6 in the Aurion, Kluger and RAV4, and Europe has a 132kW 2.2-litre turbo diesel Corolla.

nice evidence there

looks like u smacked someone in the face with that info, nice and good.

it will eventually happen, just when that will be is the question

itd be very interesting to see toyota with a hot hatch to compete with the other euro hot hatches present in the market. then of course, we'll have a boost in hot hatch sales, i reckon almost every loaded international student from asia will be driving around in those with their p plates....

just something i see lots here in vic, young young drivers, hot cars and p plates.

there's only one thing I hate more than those P plate fobs.

P plate jocks with their arms hanging out the window of their holden/ford ute.

Don't forget the doof doof music

when i first heard about the blade i sent an email to toyota asking about the if's and when's they might bring these things out all i got was the cannot disclose any information relating to possible future releases......so that tells me nothing.

when they released the zze series didnt they release the sportivo roughly a year after maybe theyre going to do the same thing here still with all the new hot hatches out there now itll be interesting to see what toyota are going to bring to the party the v6 might be too much for it with fuel consumption figures versus the size of the car it might not meet emmisions standards plus the 6 is pretty peaky so itll be crap powering out of corners unless they put an lsd in.

doesnt matter how they do it as long as it smokes the 177kw astra turbo eurotrash which means they might have to go forced induction as well

Toyota Aus will never do anything like this the AE112R Sportivo turbo's were as far as they went and to be honest there wasn't a great deal of effort put into them at all so why would they start now.

when i first heard about the blade i sent an email to toyota asking about the if's and when's they might bring these things out all i got was the cannot disclose any information relating to possible future releases......so that tells me nothing.

when they released the zze series didnt they release the sportivo roughly a year after maybe theyre going to do the same thing here still with all the new hot hatches out there now itll be interesting to see what toyota are going to bring to the party the v6 might be too much for it with fuel consumption figures versus the size of the car it might not meet emmisions standards plus the 6 is pretty peaky so itll be crap powering out of corners unless they put an lsd in.

doesnt matter how they do it as long as it smokes the 177kw astra turbo eurotrash which means they might have to go forced induction as well

the fuel consumption is actually really good on the 2GR-FE. Aurion's average about 10L/100Kms. In a corolla body, it would be even better. The blade master G comes with VSC and TC standard so the cornering would be alright.

But yea for sure, it smokes the crap out of those ****ty astras. 200 KILLER WASPS!

It would be fair game for the VW R32s too.

the fuel consumption is actually really good on the 2GR-FE. Aurion's average about 10L/100Kms. In a corolla body, it would be even better. The blade master G comes with VSC and TC standard so the cornering would be alright.

But yea for sure, it smokes the crap out of those ****ty astras. 200 KILLER WASPS!

It would be fair game for the VW R32s too.

yeah i suppose they might get away with it a 2gr-fe would put it in better contention with the r32 golf in the 5 door catagory but theyll never make it sound as raw and as sexy as the r32 does when you give it some stick those who've heard one will understand where im comming from.

pitty theres only a handful of 5 door performance hatches for the corolla to stack up against ive had people comparing my car to things like astra turbo's and clio sports but its not the same in the end so its not really fair to do a direct comparison.

at the end of the day i rekon toyota has something up its sleeve that they wont disclose they said flat out they wont bring the blade here now theyve waited till all the other manufacturers have showed their hands so now toyota has a benchmark to work with to get theyre next performance corolla up to speed with the rest of the market.

the ae112 turbo was pretty weak you couldnt do a great deal with it i knew a few people who had them and they werent too happy with what they got out of it

Toyota Aus will never do anything like this the AE112R Sportivo turbo's were as far as they went and to be honest there wasn't a great deal of effort put into them at all so why would they start now.

I'd like to understand where you got the information that the Corolla turbo didn't get a lot of effort put into it. Like to see how many people have homologated a car and made a car ADR compliant recently.

you'll probably find he meant they did SFA engine wise.

ie, turbo setup bolted to stock 7afe... No stronger rods, no forged pistons etc etc.

They could do the same with the newer zr motors if they really wanted.

this is ridiculous. upon, as well as following, the release of the aurion, toyota were marketing their alleged motorsport influences (namely F1) that was apparently poured into the design of the aurion. they have since continued to rave on about how from their f1 and rally experiences they can improve current models.

if toyota are so hell bent on marketing their motorsport influences from upto 15 years ago, why cant they 'draw' some influence from the corolla rally car to produce a trd corolla (if they are even going to make one)?

i'm sure toyota can engineer something similar to it for mass production, considering it's already been done before with the celica.

who knows, toyota might surprise us with the release of a trd model no one would expect to be tuned. i mean, i certainly wasn't expecting a bloody hilux to have a supercharger bolted onto it. considering that, who knows what they will release.

i know this wasn't really a trd corolla thread, but it still relates to it with the production of a performance corolla in aus if no foreign models are to be re-engineered

Edited by lateralus

They need to make some AWD trd models, think of how much more power you could coax out of the engine in the TRD aurion if you had a a better way of putting it all to the ground. An AWD corolla would own on the track as well.