CAI filter question

tinno

hi guys,

Was considering gettin a CES cai so i emailed them.

They quoted me:

Cold Air Intake Kit............RRP $ 407.00 incl. GST, with K & N Pod Filter (choice 1).

Delete K & N filter & replace with non brand item (choice 2) RRP $357.00 incl GST.

Delete clamps & filter RRP now $300.00 (choice 3).

was wonderin, wat differences are there between the K/N filter and the non branded one? Im really just after the induction (extra hp is a bonus).

would it be better for me to op for choice 2?

cheers.

Tin :D

You could always use some of your mum pantyhose and an elastic band to keep costs down ;)

But Dave has a good point the K+N is well known trusted and can be washed and reused (using the K+N cleaning pack)

It comes down to what you fell comfortable with and what you feel is necessary.

I think Shaohaok posted a link years ago with some results from some pod filter tests .... rummidge through the workshop and see what you can find.

hi guys,

They quoted me:

Cold Air Intake Kit............RRP $ 407.00 incl. GST, with K & N Pod Filter (choice 1).

Delete K & N filter & replace with non brand item (choice 2) RRP $357.00 incl GST.

was wonderin, wat differences are there between the K/N filter and the non branded one? Im really just after the induction (extra hp is a bonus).

cheers.

just get the piping and buy a decent dry filter - i've seen first hand the mess these oiled filters make in an intake after buying a project car and taking the motor apart.

3A would be my first preference

Autobarn's Drift 2nd.

Heard good things bout those ones but trying to get one ova in Perth is virtually impossible :)

:P there is 1

;)

hi guys,

They quoted me:

cheers.

just get the piping and buy a decent dry filter - i've seen first hand the mess these oiled filters make in an intake after buying a project car and taking the motor apart.

Just don't over oil it and you should be fine to be honest. I use it both on my Corolla and Celica, and I never have oil stain inside the intake piping. MAF gets dirty, but not because of oil stain.

I think oil filter have extra safety when it come to cold air intake mainly because when its raining the oil would block the water from going in. Sure a splash of water probably won't hurt, but extra safety is never a bad thing.

I also read a review long time ago from a UK magazine testing heaps of branded filter and Apexi comes out best in both filteration and airflow. Similar test was conducted by Japanese magazine and again Apexi won with consistent result, mirroring the UK magazine.

Edited by DANZZT231

hi guys,

They quoted me:

cheers.

we are currently trying to get a whole CES system which includes CAI in the GB section, and we short for just one more member, express your interest if you want to go ahead with us... and personally, i will go for K&N... it sounds good when you showing off...

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...0329&st=950

hi guys,

They quoted me:

cheers.

we are currently trying to get a whole CES system which includes CAI in the GB section, and we short for just one more member, express your interest if you want to go ahead with us... and personally, i will go for K&N... it sounds good when you showing off...

TRD and CES are totally different companies..

3A would be my first preference

Autobarn's Drift 2nd.

Heard good things bout those ones but trying to get one ova in Perth is virtually impossible :)

:P there is 1

;)

and if im not mistaken its mine ;) and someone still has it :D

hi guys,

They quoted me:

cheers.

TRD and CES are totally different companies..

hhahahha we just talk about CES in that section accidentally