RAV GPS problem

Bruster

Firstly i know there has been some talk in relation to the Toyota GPS but i can not find anything in relation to what im after.

i recently purchased rav4 zr6 and the GPS states its a voice guidance GPs but the only voice i hear is right at the beginning ( to follow the blue line)

after this there is no more voice guidance and its left up to me to constantly look at the blue line.

on the manual shows diagrams of Turn by turn guidance, split screens etc and mine shows nothing of that.

i have tried everything and can not get the GPs to work properly.

any ideas or suggestions.

cheers

Bru

• 7 months later...

Hey Bruster

sorry u r havin trouble. Mine works fine and guidance is constantly updating...

maybe bite the bullet and go to back to your dealer for a lesson, you've got a ZR6 so they shouldn't mind helping you out

I've spent 10 years in the car game in parts and service

find someone helpful and pick their brains...they won't mind

stapo

Firstly i know there has been some talk in relation to the Toyota GPS but i can not find anything in relation to what im after.

i recently purchased rav4 zr6 and the GPS states its a voice guidance GPs but the only voice i hear is right at the beginning ( to follow the blue line)

after this there is no more voice guidance and its left up to me to constantly look at the blue line.

on the manual shows diagrams of Turn by turn guidance, split screens etc and mine shows nothing of that.

cheers

Bru

I've got the ZR6 and it sounds like you've got a problem because

mine is always on my back to obey local speed restrictions :).what

version of DVD Whereis maps do you have mine is 15. You may have a

bad DVD.

cheers

Bru

I've got the ZR6 and it sounds like you've got a problem because

mine is always on my back to obey local speed restrictions :).what

version of DVD Whereis maps do you have mine is 15. You may have a

bad DVD.

thanks for the reply, im 100% there is a problem my second service is due soon and i will take it up with Toyota AGAIN.

i think i have version14....

my gps Start's by saying "follow the highlighted route" and " you have arrived at your destination" between them there is no talking no alerts nothing.

and its really annoying because the manual states is a voice navigation, and im having to constantly look at the screen otherwise i could easily take the wrong turn...

thanks for the reply, im 100% there is a problem my second service is due soon and i will take it up with Toyota AGAIN.

i think i have version14....

my gps Start's by saying "follow the highlighted route" and " you have arrived at your destination" between them there is no talking no alerts nothing.

and its really annoying because the manual states is a voice navigation, and im having to constantly look at the screen otherwise i could easily take the wrong turn...

I have read about this elsewhere and it could be a problem with the speed sensor connection. This is used in addition to assist the calculations for the route. The usual symptoms of this are exactly as you have described. Let Toyota know about the speed sensor bit and I'm sure they will be able to resolve.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read about this same problem being resolved on RAV4WORLD. The problem turned out to be a wire in the harness that was never connected at the factory. As michaelweare pointed out, this is probably the VSS signal. Without a signal from the vehicle speed sensor, the GPS doesn't know the car is moving, so it doesn't give you turn-by-turn directions. Check out this post:

http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21603

well guys i just picked my car up from Toyota.

they did their scheduled service and i requested them to look into the GPs again and emphasized this is the second time i was requesting this.

They checked all the wiring and re-connected all the wiring for the GPS and it seems to be working great now.

I did mention i did some research and thought it could be the speed sensor as mentioned by one of the members here but when i picked it up hey didnt tell me exactly what was wrong with, just re-wired everything.

Hey guys

just a quick question, what colour are the backlit buttons on the factory ZR6 nav unit

anyone got pics ?

cheers

the buttons are green which is strange doesnt match the rest of the colour scheme.