35mm offset Camry/Aurion

mpresara

Anyone had any experience putting 35mm offset on a late model Camry or Aurion. I can get some 18x7 with 35mm offset and was going to run 225/45/18 on them. I think standard offset for Aurion is 45mm?..........Any advice or experience appreciated..........thanx

Anyone had any experience putting 35mm offset on a late model Camry or Aurion. I can get some 18x7 with 35mm offset and was going to run 225/45/18 on them. I think standard offset for Aurion is 45mm?..........Any advice or experience appreciated..........thanx

machine 10mm off the back of the rims

Yeah, I did think of that but wondered if it could lower the strength of the wheels. Also I wouldn't mind putting them on as they are. I know that they would move out by 10mm but wondered if this would affect the dynamics of the car to any great extent.

Yeah, I did think of that but wondered if it could lower the strength of the wheels. Also I wouldn't mind putting them on as they are. I know that they would move out by 10mm but wondered if this would affect the dynamics of the car to any great extent.

i have done it before as long as you still get full thread through the mag........

dynamics would be affected at freeway speeds.......

i have done it before as long as you still get full thread through the mag........

dynamics would be affected at freeway speeds.......

OK, thanks I appreciate your comments. I'll get a price for the machining

If you machine 10mm off the back of the wheels you will end up with +55 not the +35 that you are after.

If you are just after wheels that appear to fill the guards more get some 8 inch wide wheels with the +45 offset. That way the suspension geometry will not be affected and the wheel/tyre will be 12mm further out towards the edge of the guard.

The TRD Aurions run a 19x8 with a +46.5mm offset.

Edited by SupaTouring

If you machine 10mm off the back of the wheels you will end up with +55 not the +35 that you are after.

If you are just after wheels that appear to fill the guards more get some 8 inch wide wheels with the +45 offset. That way the suspension geometry will not be affected and the wheel/tyre will be 12mm further out towards the edge of the guard.

The TRD Aurions run a 19x8 with a +46.5mm offset.

Hehehe. Did you have a late night last night SupaTouring? I think mpresara is thinking of getting rims with +35 offset, not for the wide look but because he can obtain it easier/cheaper. If he was to machine 10mm off from it like vintageholden said, wouldn't it go to +45.

Just re read the posts. my bad!

I think it will be very hard to find an engineering shop that will machine the wheels like that due to the legality of it.

DJKOR is correct. 10mm off makes them a 45mm offset. They are actually toyota/Lexus wheels and have enough meat on the boss to allow 10mm machining. My query was really whether 10mm out from where the normal centreline is would be OK and whether anyone else had used 35mm offset on a Camry or an Aurion. Tyre wise I only want to go to 225. thanks for the comments............

Stupid question.

But I am planning on getting these:

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_clos...mp;part_no=1201

How does one know the offset?

Tempe Tyres should be able to tell you, and guarantee, what the offset is. Also it is usually somewhere on the rear of the wheel. ...........Nice looking wheels

Stupid question.

They have various sizes of offset and PCD on their wheels.

When I went to there for my rims they already knew all the info of aurion rim size.

They will tell you the size if you ask them like mpresara said but Aurion rims size is +45 offset.

I thought +- 10 Offset would be ok to put in unless you lower your car seriously.

• 2 weeks later...
Stupid question.

They have various sizes of offset and PCD on their wheels.

When I went to there for my rims they already knew all the info of aurion rim size.

They will tell you the size if you ask them like mpresara said but Aurion rims size is +45 offset.

I thought +- 10 Offset would be ok to put in unless you lower your car seriously.

Thanks for everyones comments. After talking to a few tyre guys the opinion seems to be that 35-45mm + offset for an Aurion is OK. All it means is that the centreline of the wheels will be outwards by 10mm. I've bought the wheels as they were a bargain, and I'll post pics once I get enough money together to buy the tyres. should give the car a slightly more aggressive stance.

Edited by mpresara