ZRE HOT HATCH POTENTIAL + ZRE182..pg117

Now that your on coilies Huey and possibly scraping around town, here is another view of the TRD spoiler which shows how big it really is......

ea998160.jpg

thanks John. however, I still want.. it.. badly! I've started learning how to angle now and haven't been scraping at all :) and being in Melbourne city there are HEAPS of speedbumps.

Now that your on coilies Huey and possibly scraping around town, here is another view of the TRD spoiler which shows how big it really is......

thanks John. however, I still want.. it.. badly! I've started learning how to angle now and haven't been scraping at all :) and being in Melbourne city there are HEAPS of speedbumps.

You get used to it anyway,sacrifice comfort and practicality for good looks :lol: I'm on stockies at the moment which means at work I have to park on the street, I can get in the car park but I can't get out :huh: Scraping underneath is one thing but if I still had my TRD lip it would be roooooted

You get used to it anyway,sacrifice comfort and practicality for good looks :lol: I'm on stockies at the moment which means at work I have to park on the street, I can get in the car park but I can't get out :huh: Scraping underneath is one thing but if I still had my TRD lip it would be roooooted

Im on stockies too john. Ftw. More unassuming that way. Until i get a set of phat JDM rims...

A wheel update on this black one, same rims 17x7 +40-45 not too sure

Fronts 15mm spacers

Rears 25mm spacers

642f9529.jpg

man I wish it were legal for us to have spacers -_-

I wonder if he rolled the rear guards.. I might have too..

Bit late Toyota L :angry: :angry:

New Levin SX and ZR gets front sports seats, but ofcourse Toyota only did the fronts which is fine but at least re-trim the rears to suit, great seats but interior now looks crap with two designs..

8af64d9f.jpg

5ecd166b.jpg

Bit late Toyota L :angry: :angry:

New Levin SX and ZR gets front sports seats, but ofcourse Toyota only did the fronts which is fine but at least re-trim the rears to suit, great seats but interior now looks crap with two designs..

8af64d9f.jpg

5ecd166b.jpg

Man... Sport seats... What's the point of having sports seat when the Levin is no faster than the Ascent? If the power output is increased to somewhere around the 120kW of many hatches in its class, that would make sense, and a lot of customers happy.

I can live without the cruise control, start/stop button, rain sensing wiper and all the other extra fluff. The only thing that would make me want to upgrade model is if there's an increase in power output, which there isn't in the Corolla line. I think I'll wait for the Sportivo comeback.

I've seen so many Ascents on the road, a few Conquests but I've only seen the Levin TWICE on the road. It's rarer than the more expensive Type-R, but for all the wrong reasons.

And while they're at it, Toyota should fix the stupid cup holder placement and that useless gap under the gear stick.

P_T, i was just wondering was it your choice to purchase a corolla? because you dont seem to like it very much. I agree the cup holders in front of the vents is stupid, but there is a cup holder in the middle. The pointless area under the shifter is a great area for leaving an ipod etc. I've fed a usb cable behind my headunit and under there which is where my ipod sits, so it hides the cable nicely.

If you compare the levin to other hatches with 130kw+ power, you need to remember it costs an extra 10k for those cars. Civic type r, wrx, golf gti, mazda mps. They generally cost over 40k brand new. A levin ZR can be bought for 30k brand new and is in a different class to those cars. The toyota blade is in that class of cars, but it sucks that toyota australia wont sell them.

Now comparing the levin zr to other hatches in its class, subaru impreza rs (35k new), mazda 3 maxx sport (30k brand new), golf 118 tsi (40k), polo gti (35k). Which would you choose?

P_T, i was just wondering was it your choice to purchase a corolla? because you dont seem to like it very much. I agree the cup holders in front of the vents is stupid, but there is a cup holder in the middle. The pointless area under the shifter is a great area for leaving an ipod etc. I've fed a usb cable behind my headunit and under there which is where my ipod sits, so it hides the cable nicely.

If you compare the levin to other hatches with 130kw+ power, you need to remember it costs an extra 10k for those cars. Civic type r, wrx, golf gti, mazda mps. They generally cost over 40k brand new. A levin ZR can be bought for 30k brand new and is in a different class to those cars. The toyota blade is in that class of cars, but it sucks that toyota australia wont sell them.

Now comparing the levin zr to other hatches in its class, subaru impreza rs (35k new), mazda 3 maxx sport (30k brand new), golf 118 tsi (40k), polo gti (35k). Which would you choose?

Don't get me wrong, I love Toyota's reliability. I've had four Toyotas since I started driving. I'm just a bit underwhelmed by Toyota's current offering. I bought my car under a circumstance that changed much quicker than I thought. Traded in my old V6 Camry Conquest because it was getting old and my missus moved to Central Coast so I needed a fuel efficient petrol car to go back and forth Sydney - Central Coast without having to buy the small compact hatch like the Yaris or Mazda 2. I didn't know she was going to move back to Sydney so quickly. Now I want a bit more power and there's nothing in Toyota's current Corolla hatch model to move up to.

About the cup holder, there's none in the middle, not in my Ascent anyway. I also use bluetooth audio streaming from my phone which I can leave on the passenger seat, easier to reach. No cable necessary.

Now about other car in Levin's class. Are you sure the Levin driveaway price is 30k? I'm think it's more than that. But let's say you're correct, I would pick the Mazda 3 Maxx Sport. At 108kW/182Nm and weighing slightly lighter than the Levin, I'm already ahead at stock.

I can only go by Wheels magazine's SHOWROOM price (before tax and registration, etc.) and in Levin's price $29,990, you get Mazda 3 SP25 $29,255 (122kw/227Nm), Lancer VRX $29,990 (125kW/226Nm), Impreza RS $28,990 (110kW/196Nm).

There's also gonna be a new Mazda 3 SP20 with their new SkyActiv tech, outputting 113kW/194Nm, and stop/start system which will make it more fuel efficient. I'm saying this as a Toyota long time customer who wants to see Toyota do better. They need to get some new cars/engine/tech out.

But anyway, enough of me ranting, let's go back to enjoying pretty Corollas. I'll keep my mouth shut from now on.

Those seats are belonged to RS Version of Japanese Auris, not a new thing, and they also got lower suspension(not in Australia), why don't they just directly import the RS version? 1.8 engine with 108kw Valvematic.. http://toyota.jp/auris/concept/grade/rs/index.html

That's why I never bought a Levin. and I have sit on many cars on the same class. Corolla is the most spacious one, especially the back, so comfortable. They have one button to make the rear seat leaning back a bit. I cannot find that functionality in other cars.

I don't like European cars, too many problems after 5-10 years and high maintenance cost, and hard to find parts after 10 years....

thats fair enough P_T. I was on the whirlpool forums and someone recently purchased one for 30k drive away.

I do understand your frustration, i think most corolla owners on here do, but most of us have just accepted that it is a corolla.

Lets just hope toyota does choose to enter the hot hatch market.