how much should i pay?

black turkey

i have found a 1992 celica, it has some sun damage on the roof, a dent on right rear panel, small dent on left side rear bumper, cv joints on left side are popping, a dent in the drivers side front rim which gives the steering a rattle, ummm, has a new motor done 20,000km, new clutch, new front axle, kicker sound system, interior is very good.

edit: it also has 50 % tread on back tyres, front left is down to wear markers and front right is about 40% the tires are eagle F1's tho hehe

how much u reckon?

Edited by black turkey

$2500 - $3500.

No more than that!!

less $2800 max, theres enough dints on it to cost u a bit, cv's are expensive, a wheel that makes the steering shutter is not good for it, and ur up for tires soon...question is why has it got a new motor and axle wat happened to it? how much is he asking?

not trying to be harsh thats just my opinion

its been obviosly thrashed to the **** house, the last motor had a bottom end failure, axle snapped probably from burnouts, judging by the tires. he said he wants 3200. i will see what cv's are needed, inner or outer, see how much that costs (i can put them in on my own). the passenger door wont shut properly without slamming it, i had a look why and he has somehow pushed the front panel up so the door is very very slightly out of line. hmmm, what happened there?

car does drive okay tho excluding the rim damage, goes alright when giving it the boot, brakes are good, the brake warning light on the dash is on? fluid level is fine, brake boost check is fine and it brakes well still, any ideas?

its been obviosly thrashed to the **** house, the last motor had a bottom end failure, axle snapped probably from burnouts, judging by the tires. he said he wants 3200. i will see what cv's are needed, inner or outer, see how much that costs (i can put them in on my own). the passenger door wont shut properly without slamming it, i had a look why and he has somehow pushed the front panel up so the door is very very slightly out of line. hmmm, what happened there?

car does drive okay tho excluding the rim damage, goes alright when giving it the boot, brakes are good, the brake warning light on the dash is on? fluid level is fine, brake boost check is fine and it brakes well still, any ideas?

It's obviously munted, don't waste your time on it.

fuq that...dont waste ur time if its for parts fair enough but u gotta drive this thing

hold on, if u think about it, new motor, clutch, axle and watnot, to fix: tires (eh thats not a big mind changer), cv joints (basic wear and tare?), brake light cant be too much can it?, the thing with the door not shutting properly is teh front crossmember is slightly bent... it can still be wheel alligned tho, dents arent too much hassle.

out of all that i only need the cv joints and brake thing fixed. to get it roadworthy. i know its clearly been thrashed but what other wearing parts can there be? he had replaced the motor, clutch, axle (drive shaft snappped too and has been fixed apparently). i mean the interior is immaculate. the rest of the body is in good cond. also

hold on, if u think about it, new motor, clutch, axle and watnot, to fix: tires (eh thats not a big mind changer), cv joints (basic wear and tare?), brake light cant be too much can it?, the thing with the door not shutting properly is teh front crossmember is slightly bent... it can still be wheel alligned tho, dents arent too much hassle.

out of all that i only need the cv joints and brake thing fixed. to get it roadworthy. i know its clearly been thrashed but what other wearing parts can there be? he had replaced the motor, clutch, axle (drive shaft snappped too and has been fixed apparently). i mean the interior is immaculate. the rest of the body is in good cond. also

The whole bottom end of the engine. Bent crossmembers are BAD, I don't see how you can't realise this. You're going to have to spend at LEAST three grand getting it running properly, and for this money you could easily have another car.

My girlfriend picked up a MINT ST184, 250000kms but serviced every 5000kms for under $5000, it drives better than my car which has done less than 200k kms and was a LOT cheaper.

what does a bent crossmember do? im not saying your wrong just interested.

edit: yeah the bottotm end of the motor failed, but whole motor has been replaced (not recond.)with a new 5sfe which has now done 20k km.

crossmembers are steel frames that support the engine, transmission, add rigidity to the chassis, and keep all the panels aligned. a bent crossmember would be caused by thrashing or hitting something. being bent will decrease the strength of it, making the car flex like a sausage around corners and putting stress on A LOT of things

Edited by lateralus