Looking to buy sx6 - Best colour?

momosan8

Best colour on Aurion sportivo?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi guys!

I'm looking to get a company car and got my eyes on the Aurion Sportivo SX6. Now, I'm in a bind in choosing the colour... What is the most popular colour to retain the sporty look? I'm thinking of either White, Silver, Black or the Inferno... What's a colour that will make people go "wow"? :P

Kinda like the white... but white seems to always be associated with fleet cars...

Silver.... all the cars on the street are silver...

Black.... is it very hard to keep clean?

Inferno.... haven't seen alot of them on the streets...

Suggestions and pictures will really help!!!

THanks in advance!!!!

Edited by momosan8

My opinions.

Diamond White - For the given car, as you said it usually seems like a fleet car in that colour. For some reason however, the Aurion manages to pull it off so well that it is quite sexy in white. Even the Aurion cop cruisers look hot in white.

Silver Ash - This is one colour that I really love on the Aurion's. It gives the car the right blend of sleek and sporty whilst giving good definition of its body. In my opinion, the Tungsten colour works better than the Silver Ash in this case.

Black (Ink) - One of the sexiest colours for a car. When polished deeply, you can get a unique mirror finish that you just can't beat. Three things I don't like about black however. 1) You notice when it is dusty, 2) I absolutely hate swirls, and black shows them the most. Of course, good car can reduce these, but you can never really prevent it completely. I am really picky about the appearance. And 3) With the Sportivo's, the black hides some of the definition between the trims on the front and rear bumper.

Inferno - A bit more unique and less standard than the other colours. Certainly stands out a little more in my opinion and the Mica metallic reflects the light nicely.

My opinions.

White - For the given car, as you said it usually seems like a fleet car in that colour. For some reason however, the Aurion manages to pull it off so well that it is quite sexy in white. Even the Aurion cop cruisers look hot in white.

Silver - This is one colour that I really love on the Aurion's. It gives the car the right blend of sleek and sporty whilst giving good definition of its body.

Black - One of the sexiest colours for a car. When polished deeply, you can get a unique mirror finish that you just can't beat. Three things I don't like about black however. 1) You notice when it is dusty, 2) I absolutely hate swirls, and black shows them the most. Of course, good car can reduce these, but you can never really prevent it completely. I am really picky about the appearance. And 3) With the Sportivo's, the black hides some of the definition between the trims on the front and rear bumper.

Inferno - A bit more unique and less standard than the other colours. Certainly stands out a little more in my opinion and the Mica metallic reflects the light nicely.

Thank you very much for your input! I've always like the white look (ever since seeing an Integra type R in white), but given that it's not metallic paint, not sure how it will look in 12 months time. Saw a silver one outside my school this evening.... looks pretty good with the street lights on it too! And you are right with the black... my biggest concern is keeping the car looking good with minimal effort hehe~

By the way, is yours a wildfire red? It looks kinda different to some of the ones I've seen on carsales.com.au, looks alot sportier, must be the black mesh grill!! Good job mate!

Edited by momosan8

Definitely the silver one. I have a black one, even though it is sexy, it's a pain in the ***** to keep clean and scratches, marks swirls show up like crazy. For some reason since i've laid eyes on a silver one, it's been my favourite colour for the Aurion. Even though silver is a common colour it just looks so good on the Aurion.

On the other hand, not on the list is the gold one (which i don't think is available anymore?) which i was interested in when i was considering buying an Aurion but when i got up close it kind of reminded me of baby poo/baby food for some reason. But hey you never know you might like it and since it's unavailable anymore it's even more exclusive.

Which ever colour you pick up, the Aurion is a great car and I'm sure you won't look back!

Ps. Also if you're buying brand new, i would make sure that they fix the dash rattle noise. When you take one for a drive I'm sure you'll know what I'm talking about. People on this forum have already discussed it and I have yet to get mine fixed.

Definitely the silver one. I have a black one, even though it is sexy, it's a pain in the ***** to keep clean and scratches, marks swirls show up like crazy. For some reason since i've laid eyes on a silver one, it's been my favourite colour for the Aurion. Even though silver is a common colour it just looks so good on the Aurion.

On the other hand, not on the list is the gold one (which i don't think is available anymore?) which i was interested in when i was considering buying an Aurion but when i got up close it kind of reminded me of baby poo/baby food for some reason. But hey you never know you might like it and since it's unavailable anymore it's even more exclusive.

Which ever colour you pick up, the Aurion is a great car and I'm sure you won't look back!

Ps. Also if you're buying brand new, i would make sure that they fix the dash rattle noise. When you take one for a drive I'm sure you'll know what I'm talking about. People on this forum have already discussed it and I have yet to get mine fixed.

Thanks mate. So it's down to silver or white then. Black just looks sooooo sexy when it's nice and shiny.... oh well...

As for the dash rattle noise... are they in ALL Aurions? I will look out for it when mine arrives... Hopefully I can get our fleet managers to fix that if it does happen....

... my biggest concern is keeping the car looking good with minimal effort hehe~

By the way, is yours a wildfire red? It looks kinda different to some of the ones I've seen on carsales.com.au, looks alot sportier, must be the black mesh grill!! Good job mate!

Then in that case the silver works best. Hehehe. I still keep my vote on the Inferno though. Silver is good because it not only hides dust better than the darker colours, and dirt better than white. If you take car of the paint with a good polish and wax, you should be able to keep the silver colour looking clean with minimal effort.

As for mine, yes that is Wildfire. The shine that I have it in doesn't come easy though. I wash it EVERY Thursday and then follow it with Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax. Sidetracking here, I would highly recommend this wax for a deep shine. You car will shine with a much deeper colour and with excellent gloss. The only disadvantage is that it's protection doesn't last too long and the wax wears down fairly quick; hence my weekly wax. But the hour I spend applying it and the hour I spend buffing it is well worth it in the end.

Edit: It's photos like these that make me envy owners of a well kept black car.

Anyone addicted to Clay?

Ahh.... I see... so that's the secret!! Mate... the hard work is certainly worth it... looks great!!! I thought I was just imagining things haha~

Wow, those black cars look gorgeous too with the clay! But knowing that I'm too lazy to wash and wax every week... I will probably stick with the silver then hehe~

So what about the white?!?!?! Anyone voting for the white?!?!?! :P

Edited by momosan8

Mine's black.... I voted for white. LAst car was white and i got black for a change. Bad call i think.

Like DJKOR said, the black hides some of the definition between the trims on the front and rear bumper and also the wing.

Basically, i'd do a straight swap for a white SX6 (or ZR6 LOL) :whistling:

Mine's black. its a mission to keep clean, any imperfections at all shows up light neons on the black cars. but after a good clean and polish the car looks really sexy.

i guess black is not for everybody, but another colour that i will also consider is white or gold. i wanted to get the gold when i bought my car but the missus wouldnt let me so i settled for black :D

Either Black or White for me... Nothin's between.. :P

All look good on stock Aurion actually...

If u wanna mod it...It dpends on what u have in mind.. :lol:

white all teh way B)

i just think silver is always going to be an old rich persons car colour lol whilst white stands out the most at night ;)

I think I am going to get a white one afterall.... I really like the contrast of white against black, and the red LEDs.... nicee...... JZA, do you have to wax your car often? Picture looks good!

white all teh way B)

i just think silver is always going to be an old rich persons car colour lol whilst white stands out the most at night ;)

I think I am going to get a white one afterall.... I really like the contrast of white against black, and the red LEDs.... nicee...... JZA, do you have to wax your car often? Picture looks good!

:) .. yea thats what made me get white!

I've only owned the car since the end of sept / start of oct so i've only waxed it once haha.

I'd be interesting what car colour you'll actually get

white all teh way B)

:) .. yea thats what made me get white!

I've only owned the car since the end of sept / start of oct so i've only waxed it once haha.

I'd be interesting what car colour you'll actually get

Congratulations on your recent purchase then! I guess I really need to see the car in person, to determine the finish quality, because I find that gaps between panels shows up more clearly in a white than in other colours....

Btw, do you have any other pictures of your car? And are your headlights stock or a mod? Wondering what the stock headlights look in the dark....

And will definitely let you guys know of my final choice!!

Very interesting article I found on the internet just then.... and seems like white in the winner!!1

Link: http://www.aol.co.nz/lifestyle/story/The-S...2031/index.html

The Surprising No. 1 Car Color Is...

04-07-2008 - 24:32

...white. And that's big news. Silver has been the undisputed color champion of the automotive world for seven years--but not anymore. That's the word from the DuPont 2007 Global Automotive Color Popularity Report, which determined that white was the top color choice for vehicles.

Your car color reveals your personality! Check this fun list. Does it match up for you and your car?

Fun facts to know and tell: --19 percent of all cars manufactured in 2007 were white, followed by silver with 16 percent.

--Among luxury cars, black and white were tied at 22 percent, while 20 percent were silver.

--In the intermediate car market, blue was the No. 1 color with 15 percent. This was the only category in which blue was in the double digits.

--Beige and brown accounted for only 5 percent of overall car sales.

--Red was the preferred color by sports car drivers.

--In the United States and Canada, the choice is black and white, so to speak. White/white pearl, silver and black/black effect were in a virtual tie for first, with white/white pearl narrowly taking the top spot.

--White beat silver in Japan, and was the decisive leader in Mexico.

Yellow? Orange? There are some eye-popping trends in new car colors. Would you drive a car that looked like this?

DuPont has tracked color statistics for more than 55 years and reports converging trends in color preference. This year, DuPont sees white/white pearl as a trend-shifting color and anticipates the new black metallic and other color effects will show an increase in popularity over time. Red also continues to gain ground and is ensuring a more vividly colored outlook in nearly all segments.

Fully 95 percent of women will notice their date's car. The No. 1 thing they pay attention to is...

"Our customers are looking at niche colors and effects, including matte finishes and warm neutrals with effect," said Karen Surcina, color marketing and technology manager, DuPont Automotive Systems. "The rise in popularity of white/white pearl and the long reign of silver suggest that we can expect a more dramatic shift in the top color choice."

i have got a silver one, doesn't show the dirt too much. It has rained on it a few times and i park it next to a building site in the day(it is 3 weeks old and haven't washed it yet) and only the windows look a bit dusty. If i drive fast home it blows the dust off.

yep his a pic i like :D and i upgraded to HIDs sorry, don't have any stock headlight pics.

here

Thanks! Very nice pic mate! And I think adding the moonroof just further gives it its sporty feel. Btw, are those stock 17inch wheels? I am thinking whether its worth it to spend the extra dole in getting the 18" Kappas... as it's a company car and I only get to keep it for 3 years before I swap... mmm... decisions decisions :( Might tint the windows as well sometime down the track :P

cheers!

I love my moonroof i cant imagine what it would be like without one now haha to use too it.

yeah there stock 17's, damn you are pretty lucky to swap every 3yrs thats a good job you got lol.

I just need to tint my windows it would look way better.

yep his a pic i like :D and i upgraded to HIDs sorry, don't have any stock headlight pics.

here

Holy sh!t that looks f*cking hot!!! The colour and definition looks so sharp... especially with the angle capturing the shape of the bonnet on the right. Good site to take photos as well. The arc lamps and darker surrounding bring out the clean look of the white.

Steering off track slightly, I think I my obsession with my Aurion has gone a little too far. Nearly every time I park it, I find myself turning back at least twice to get another look at it. I just can't stop staring at it, especially when parked amongst other cars. I've had it for nearly 8 months and I'm still not over it.