Anyone addicted to Clay?

DHC09

Played with the clay for the first time over the weekend and OMG the stuff is magic :o The car is soooooooo smooth B)

After seeing the result the gf twisted my arm and made me do her echo too :P

Here are some pics after clay and wax.

dsc00192aj2.jpg

dsc00162ff4.jpg

dsc00165ld5.jpg

dsc00168ru6.jpg

dsc00184gm8.jpg

dsc00189di4.jpg

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

awsome, how much and where from? and how do u use it?

You get it in a kit made by Meguiars and it comes with a bar of clay and a bottle of lubricant sort of stuff.

You do the clay treatment in between washing and polishing. Comes out a treat because the clay removes any stuck-on imperfections.

awsome, how much and where from? and how do u use it?

You get it in a kit made by Meguiars and it comes with a bar of clay and a bottle of lubricant sort of stuff.

You do the clay treatment in between washing and polishing. Comes out a treat because the clay removes any stuck-on imperfections.

Yup thats exactly what i used. The Meguiars clay kit for $40 i think it was. Didn't want to spend like $70 for the hardcore clay since i never clayed before.

A tip: the clay bar that comes in the Meguiars clay kit is more than enough to be split into two, so keep half wrapped up and the kit will last much longer.

aww isnt it? i was about to say you should see MY house lol!

that clay is awesome think ill have to get some of that funny my best mate hasnt mentioned it he's so pedantic about how his cars look always washing polishing lol! should send the pics into meguiars forum as proof how good a job it does

Been using clay bars for over 10 years now hence the quality of the finish and reflection I can achieve on just about any surface.

You don't win multiple trophies as I did with my old Sportivo for having dull and flat paintwork....

Now that my secrets are out I want to see some real neat looking cars at the National meet in june!!!!!

Clay is great!Mother's actually have a Detailing kit which includes the clay bar,wax and wash(i think) that we sell at the workshop..good beginners kit..easy to use and fairly priced.oh..be careful not to drop the clay bar..otherwise u'll have to chop off the bit

Clay is great!Mother's actually have a Detailing kit which includes the clay bar,wax and wash(i think) that we sell at the workshop..good beginners kit..easy to use and fairly priced.oh..be careful not to drop the clay bar..otherwise u'll have to chop off the bit

how much?

how much?

i can't remember..but i can check for u if u want.. :)

how much?

im sure u can get us a block from work ;) ;)

how much?

im sure u can get us a block from work ;) ;)

they wont know :P we wont tell them we promise

Edited by J e r e M y

This is the Mother's clay bar set.Which is abt $33(TOCA Member price) :spiteful:

Sets consists of:

1 x Clay Bar

1 x Mother's Carnauba Wax &

1 x Mother's Quick Detailer

Mothers.jpg

i might be seeing u again soon adrian.. haha :D

This is the Mother's clay bar set.Which is abt $33(TOCA Member price) :spiteful:

Sets consists of:

1 x Clay Bar

1 x Mother's Carnauba Wax &

1 x Mother's Quick Detailer

Mothers.jpg

i might be seeing u again soon adrian.. haha :D

got one today :D must say its rly well priced but HOW SMALL IS THAT PIECE OF CLAY!!!!! lol

Im sure most brands would make it, but how well they perform im not sure?? I'd say it all comes down to elbow grease!

The maguires kit is pretty good. Sells for roughly $40, but doesnt include wax. That mothers kit is a damn good buy!