Anyone addicted to Clay?

DHC09

Well i blame you all for getting me onto clay..I can stop whenever i want,no really i can :ph34r:

Went to Meguiars a couple of weeks ago and spent like no tomorrow and today clayed my car then used NXT Tech wax(liquid) and love it, cant believe how smooth,clean and shiny.Like glass i tells ya. Thanks all for info on it and i highly recommend the microfibre cloths..Perfect results with microfibre and easy.

Cheers

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ Another happy addict :D

Shame you didn't keep the addiction :P. You car was shocking by the time you were done with it.

love your work there dhc09

the best chance to take a pic to sell a car is at dawn or dust, with the sun shining in2 the clouds.

the worst time is to show it at midday or when the sun is shining right on2 the car, thats where all the swirls and scratches will appear.

just thought i'd let everyone know :)

re paste and liquid. i remember back in the old days (by that i mean late 90s) paste used to be more potent in terms of wax. liquid was more diluted, until technology came along and screwed it all up.

now they are both the same, with exactly the same amounts of potent wax to protect your car. so then you ask, "why do they make both?" the answer is "tradition" - or in the case of the ridiculously expensive automotive wax industry, paste is the only form they produce it in because its easier in manufacturing processes (thus making EVEN MORE of a profit margin on that snake oil)

people who used to use paste prefer paste - so its really product preference. i dont care if some uber dooper salesman tells u paste is always better, or if some auto nut says paste will give you better results - blah blah blah RUBBISH!

they are exactly the same no questions asked. if u get a recommendation about paste being better, you should question their auto nut-ness.

on that note though, the common to more expensive paste waxes maybe more difficult to work with (those that are harder on application and/or cost more than $5grand) because if not applied correctly, will swirl and cobweb all over the surface as you wax on and off.

moral of the story = liquid/paste = same.

moral of the story 2 = Beginners should use liquid then move to paste if they want to.

moral of the story 3 = waxing in winter might be hard, cold, dull and unsatisfying seeing it rains all the time, but think about it after each time it rains, you are giving it a free car wash CUZ all the dirt just runs straight off - wala!

sorry for the long post,

Wilco

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to spending some time lookng after my car. Process was:

1. Clean wheels with Meguiar's Hot Rims Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner
  2. Wash with Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
  3. Clay using Meguiar's Quik Clay Detailing System
  4. Touch up visible scratches and swirls using Meguiar's Scratch X (Unfortunately with direct bright sunlight, and no swirl finding light I was limited as to what I could see under those conditions).
  5. Apply Meguiar's #7 show car glaze.
  6. Finish with Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 Liquid
  7. Polish Nudge Bar with Meguiar's NXT Generation All Metal Polysh
  8. Apply Meguiar's Gold Class Dash & Trim Foam Protectant to external plastic trim (unfortunately I couldn't find the external trim products anywhere).

Last clayed back in March, and finish is now silky smooth again. I love this stuff.

All work was done by hand, and now that I have recently aquired a DA I'll buy a swirl finding light and get serious with the swirl removal.

gallery_11798_641_90780.jpg

More images in my gallery. Please feel free to leave comments.

^ Another happy addict :D

Shame you didn't keep the addiction :P. You car was shocking by the time you were done with it.

I'm still an addict, I just dont have a car in front of me anymore :(

love your work there dhc09

Those photos in post #1 was actually the first time I clayed, hence the instant addiction :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
after claying the M_M troop carrier (prado) a few weeks ago, i can say that the results are still there on display.

+1 addicted to clay barz :)

Hi Pete, don't know how this clay thing works but if you could do my car, i'll make sure you don't need to eat nor drink anything but beer and pizza for a whole day :P .

Kenny

after claying the M_M troop carrier (prado) a few weeks ago, i can say that the results are still there on display.

+1 addicted to clay barz :)

Hi Pete, don't know how this clay thing works but if you could do my car, i'll make sure you don't need to eat nor drink anything but beer and pizza for a whole day :P .

Kenny

so far this Saturday afternoon is free, so if your serious and have some spare mooooolah, we can do something. PM me for detials

• 2 months later...

I clayed my aurion on the weekend and apart from not being able to move my right shoulder properly it looks awesome...

Need to buy some good liquid wax as the pasty stuff I have doesn't cut it, have to justify another car detailing purchase to myself? :unsure:

I clayed my aurion on the weekend and apart from not being able to move my right shoulder properly it looks awesome...

Need to buy some good liquid wax as the pasty stuff I have doesn't cut it, have to justify another car detailing purchase to myself? :unsure:

easy done. think of shiny metallic paint :)

if you want something that lasts a while, is quick and easy, try autoglym aquawax. awesome water repellence given the procedure you use

I got my clay kit from ZAS

I love the Prima products they sell as well and the results on my gunmetal rolla were great

I washed with megs hyper wash

dryed

clayed

washed again new bucket and mitt

dryed

prima epic

prima hydro

Looks sensational and it did not take me all day 3 hrs head to tail

I also clayed the windows and it is amazing how much grime can be lifted off the windscreen even when you think its clean

I love the Prima products they sell as well and the results on my gunmetal rolla were great

dryed

clayed

dryed

prima epic

prima hydro

I also clayed the windows and it is amazing how much grime can be lifted off the windscreen even when you think its clean

If you love the results of what you achieved with the Prima gear then I would definetly recommend using Prima Amigo glaze before you apply Epic.

This adds to the depth of the colour and the slickness is amazing.

I have used this combo on many cars and the owners love it :D

dryed

clayed

dryed

prima epic

prima hydro

If you love the results of what you achieved with the Prima gear then I would definetly recommend using Prima Amigo glaze before you apply Epic.

This adds to the depth of the colour and the slickness is amazing.

I have used this combo on many cars and the owners love it :D

Guess what I have just ordered from santa LOL thanks ;)

• 1 month later...

Mrs Whitestivo bought me a quick clay kit for xmas. So I used it yesterday and was astounded. The amount of crap on my roof, which I'd only just washed before, astounded me. And the side strips on the doors.

The car looks better than when I took possession of it 2 years ago Thx guys, +1 addict. Figuring every 4 month would be enough yes?

whitestivo

• 1 month later...