Landing lift in 1st...!

LO all,

Thanx to all the posted topics on this forum, I managed to get my service done properly this time with all the necessary fixes, specially the clutch and sticky gear lever issues. Before this I couldn't land in lift for 1st or 2nd gear without grinding myself a new set of teeth on each, and that seems to be sorted perfectly now.

I can manage to land in lift for 1st just above 6700rpm, and then get a schweet tug and squeel from the tyres which is something awesome to experience for the first time after only seeing other people doing it...! :D

Thanx to all those who put their effort into mentioning the issues here, I'll definately send the other RunX/Stivo and T-sport owners here for advice.

I'm in love with my car all over. :lol:

Lata.

LO all,

Thanx to all the posted topics on this forum, I managed to get my service done properly this time with all the necessary fixes, specially the clutch and sticky gear lever issues. Before this I couldn't land in lift for 1st or 2nd gear without grinding myself a new set of teeth on each, and that seems to be sorted perfectly now.

I can manage to land in lift for 1st just above 6700rpm, and then get a schweet tug and squeel from the tyres which is something awesome to experience for the first time after only seeing other people doing it...! :D

Thanx to all those who put their effort into mentioning the issues here, I'll definately send the other RunX/Stivo and T-sport owners here for advice.

I'm in love with my car all over. :lol:

Lata.

without those fixes cant u land in lift from 1st to 2nd? i cant seem to do it...

without those fixes cant u land in lift from 1st to 2nd? i cant seem to do it...

U can land in lift ... I dont have the fixes and I seem to have found a way to get it into 2nd without grinding and it lands in lift.

What you have to do is 1st off change straight down, and I mean straight down ... and dont snap it, pause for that split second and then push it into 2nd. So that's from first into neutral ... pause (I'm talking 0.something of a second) and then into 2nd.

Then the main thing ... just b4 you take the clutch out ... give it a bit of gas and it should chirp hard and you should be in lift :D

I just wouldnt advise this all the time cause I am sure that bit of gas prior to taking the clutch out is gona do some damage over time. but man its so sweet when it chirps hard into 2nd B)

I did this the other day after some rain but on the change to second hit a large puddle. Yes done deliberate as I wanted to lay rubber in 2nd on the other side.

The car lost grip completly then suddenly gained it again coming out the other side of the wet into the dry with heaps of power on.

I thought I was going to end up with the dash in my lap. There was the loadest bang you ever want your car to make and everything in the car moved. The force was so much that it flipped the rear mirror down (and you know how tight they are).

Don't ever do this to you own car - get a renter

I did this the other day after some rain but on the change to second hit a large puddle. Yes done deliberate as I wanted to lay rubber in 2nd on the other side.

The car lost grip completly then suddenly gained it again coming out the other side of the wet into the dry with heaps of power on.

I thought I was going to end up with the dash in my lap. There was the loadest bang you ever want your car to make and everything in the car moved. The force was so much that it flipped the rear mirror down (and you know how tight they are).

Don't ever do this to you own car - get a renter

I dont think the technique caused it ... rather the lack of grip and then all of a sudden loads of grip.

I personally have been doing this for about 6 months at least two to three times a week ... and it just chirps smoothly into 2nd with life available immediately. B) And in the wet .... OMG in the wet :D ... theres just no traction !!

But I am sure its buggering the car up somehow ... I am expecting heave clutch and flywheel wear and tear ...but its so worth it :D

As Briony commented its axle tramp and is fairy harsh on the front end of the car :(

if you have more mid range power it fixes that issue.....and you dont get a chirp of the tyres...you just hear a sliding sound like when you spin in the wet...and then you OFF!!!!!! ;) sportiv is learning the ropes ;)

Yeah guys axle tramp is something I know a little about.

Basically the car is overpowering its suspension, putting that much power to the wheels causes the car to squat down and then start to bounce on its suspension under power, not a good feeling at all. Usually more power will fix it :D , the wheels just spin instead. As Briony said, stiffer suspension will also cure it.

The VY SS ute I just sold had tramp by the bucketload, used to hop skip and jump everywhere under power. You had about a 1000rpm window to launch it, or it was either smoky smokies or boucning down the street like a pogostick.

JC