REMOTE START ALARM

TOYTRD

hey! i was gonna get a remote start alarm in my car [its pointless but i think its cool!]

i asked around, one of my mates friend does alarm installs!

but he thinks, with the sportivo [new corolla's] its hard to get around!

he charges $350 installed normally, but he said i needed a transmitter by pass thingy! which is from $60-$120.

and he said i needed to give up one of my spare key which i have to leave behind the dash for the remote start to work!

im not sure if this is true or not, but if it is, there is no way im gonna get a remote start!

anyone ever come across this situation before by any chance?

i was also reading a post about factory alarm upgrade where we can use our stock keys for the alarm also!

does anyone know how much this cost by any chance?

cheers!

Its Illegal, ive got one of those alarms but when i went to install the alarm i had to disable that feature cause you can get in serious trouble for having it and also your insurance will F*** over if they find out about it!

Yeah they're highly illegal...

When I sold my SX Celica it went with a remote start and the douche's freind was playing with the remote. Lo and behold the car jumped forward and broke the new owners leg.

I lol'd when I found out

LOL luke. Funny as.

I was looking into one and got an alarm system with that capability but didn't get that function hooked up in the end beause it would have created a whole heap of havoc with insurance and not to mention I would have to loose 1 key because of the stock immobiliser.

are you also asking about a upgrade so that we can use our own keys to disable the alarm.

i have a pressure and shock sensor and alarm and use my own keys for it.

we also get them done at work through black widow.

both my keys disable the alarm and unlock the car, so no need to those little alarm keyring things.

Awww TRD...Trying to look cool aye? :D lol jk anyways good you opened that thread because i was looking at that too. Would have saved me the hassle of getting in the car to warm up the engine every morning :-l But yeah not going there anymore based on what ppl just said above :(

You'd have to have sensors in there to stop you starting it when it was in gear. Manual cars should always be parked in gear anyway, so it's kinda useless on them (you'd have to remember to park in neutral every time), auto is a different story since the car shouldn't be able to start in drive anyway (that's what the neutral safety switch is for)

I guess it really depends on the system you get my mate has remote start on his S15 although the system came with car when it was imported from the motherland. His remote start only works when the car is completely cold and out of gear. Having a turbo car you get use to no leaving it in gear. I never leave my car in gear unless its a steep hill.