Motor Magazine speculates about TRD Corolla

front few pages of latest Motor magazine

looked single exhaust to me

i just asked my mate at toyota as well, he was very excited about the prospect, but hadn't heard. said sales were dismal at the moment.

I love the comment earlier, is that power ATW, priceless.

whitestivo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Changing the title of this thread away from "TRD COROLLA COMING" - when Toyota or TRD confirm this then feel free to start a thread with this name. Until then, it is just more "speculation", which a lot of members here have had enough of and have stopped hoping.

Changing the title of this thread away from "TRD COROLLA COMING" - when Toyota or TRD confirm this then feel free to start a thread with this name. Until then, it is just more "speculation", which a lot of members here have had enough of and have stopped hoping.

I still hold hope for the re-badged ZR Levin. With TRD stickers.

hope no more LOL

my car is what you've been waiting for!

nobody has speculated yet that they might put the 3S-GE BEAMs into TRD corolla.

well technically they already have. It's what the TRD S2000 rally corollas have inside.

Sounds like the same speculation ppl had about putting the 3SGTE into the ZZE series Corollas.

The only people doing that are in Canberra and they're doing it for racing with little or no input from Toyota Australia. If Toyota put that engine in a production car it would not be Corolla.

nobody has speculated yet that they might put the 3S-GE BEAMs into TRD corolla.

well technically they already have. It's what the TRD S2000 rally corollas have inside.

Sounds like the same speculation ppl had about putting the 3SGTE into the ZZE series Corollas.

The only people doing that are in Canberra and they're doing it for racing with little or no input from Toyota Australia. If Toyota put that engine in a production car it would not be Corolla.

Remember, this 'is' Toyota Australia. They always get everything wrong, so even if they did utilise that engine again we'd see it in a Hiace. (Yes that's a hint by the way, that's what the next TRD model is. Neal Bates told me, because he's like, my best friend. Sorry guys)

Are you having a go at me too?

Are you having a go at me too?

No, I'm bating Micky.

no bating me RXSeven - i already have a REAL TRD corolla in the garage, toyota australia won't come anywhere near close to beating that

Yes, he has one... its noisy and gets dirty lots. ;)

I still hold hope for the re-badged ZR Levin. With TRD stickers

I can hold out all i like for reintroduction of vvtli or a 2 litre engine with dual vvti (ala aurion) - something to compete with a civic type R - but I'm sooo totally with the rx7 man on this one... :(

The funny thing is you don't see many of the Peugeot 207 GT/GTi's around for just $32k or so...

Yeah, theyre not a bad car. But at the end of the day, french cars have a reputation for being soft and unreliable - so only old people buy them.

But for a luxury 'warm' hatch, I quite like them. Theyre sorta unique - and a bargain B)

Edited by Leroy

no bating me RXSeven - i already have a REAL TRD corolla in the garage, toyota australia won't come anywhere near close to beating that.

Pics or Ban

The Team Taylor rally cars are both featured in a thread on the OWF forum

no bating me RXSeven - i already have a REAL TRD corolla in the garage, toyota australia won't come anywhere near close to beating that.

Pics or Ban

My convex preference is implying a bulge.

Pics or Ban

My convex preference is implying a bulge.

Ah, the Slutsky Equation. Classic microeconomic theory

You know what, they (Toyota Australia) have done haven't you guys? .... Some toyota big shot came across this article in a magazine at a fish and chip store whilst waiting for his fisherman basket to get cooked up

pg1.jpg

pg2.jpg

pg3.jpg

pg4.jpg

and decided to reverse engineer it !!!!!

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

sifu habib, you've done it again!

P.S: Don't k!ll me praying mantis ! Merely passing the mantra on .....

lol! funny bugger! yeah billy drive your car out the TCMA in bottany and open the bonnet for em whilst proudly announcing BEHOLD!!!

cmon guys they wont go nuts on the corolla theyve got now itll cost too damn much to build/test and make pass emmisions theres nothing in it for them itll end up costing a bomb to sell and why bother when theyre selling in good numbers we arent talking about n12 pulsars here when they tried putting exa turbo motors in to boost sales.

the only way i can see a trd corolla ever comming to light is if somebody goes out there and builds one of their own

and if they wanna call it a trd corolla then they damn well can cause theyll have to have spent some dollars to make it happen

I'll be happy if its a supercharged if they really gonna make one.. But what about the price?

ZR is priced around $30k

Would you buy one if it hits $40k?

I'll get a Golf instead

The Levin wasn't much cheaper than a Sportivo back in the day. Perhaps they will price a Sportivo in the mid 30s?

Gav.

i hate to say it but i believe for toyota to release a trd corolla the figures have to be atleast a 40kw gain on the standard car n still meet emissions emissions is the reason for the many delays on the trd hilux (so i heard)

Had a look at the article. Wheels and Spoiler are TTE post-3374-1226708397_thumb.jpgpost-3374-1226708368_thumb.jpg

Is it perhaps an SR180 with optional wheels?

SR180 is diesel. I think NZ just got diesel corollas but not the 2.2litre SR180... . SR180 has 400Nm and 177hp.. Not bad huh but id still like supercharged Corolla. <_<

NZ have two diesels and both turbo,

1.4 66kw and 190Nm

2.0 93kw and 300Nm

Edited by JVN11L