Corolla is shaking

:( hey guys i have a 2004 toyota corolla acscent sport ive had it for a month if that and the car is shaking when i stop at the lights an put it in neutral. Something to do with the ideling ??

Anyone know why ? an wat it can be from im takin it back to toyota for them to look at

What's it idling at when stationary ? 

If you can feel it shake, it's dropping down below 500rpm idle, it should be around 750rpm.

I think its at 500 ... you can feel its not right though as then engine is shaking not heaps but sometimes u feel big shakes.... dunno whats up with it low idle...? :angry:

What's it idling at when stationary ? 

If you can feel it shake, it's dropping down below 500rpm idle, it should be around 750rpm.

I think its at 500 ... you can feel its not right though as then engine is shaking not heaps but sometimes u feel big shakes.... dunno whats up with it low idle...? :angry:

Ive had this problem ...

But i worked out it was only happening when it was a hot day and i had the A/C on full and pumpin the stereo ..

When i slowed the A/C it stopped and hasnt happened since

Like I said... definately sounds like something with your hoses, it affects cylinder pressure causing bumps. Check all seals and look for splits, and if in doubt, take it into Toyota... Trust me I had a similar problem with my old Subie just after a service and rang them up to complain, they told me not to worry and bring it straight back and all it was, was that they hadn't connected a vacuum hose properly so the vibrations of the engine bounced it off, too 2 minutes and never happened again... Sometime the simplest thing can cause the largest reaction - The Butterfly Effect - yes, not just a band and movie name...

Edited by Blue_Stivo

• 2 weeks later...

I also have the same problem!! I have purchased a 2004 Toyota Corolla Ascent Sport as well and it shakes at lights and stop signs. It does this more when the a/c is off. Mate if you can tell me what toyota said to you it would be greatly appreciated. Mine is in now trying to get them to fix it!!

Jason

Without being there and being in the car when it happens

it sound like the idle point is set to low and so when you come to complete stop and you are at idle it is at the brink of stalling but doesnt because its just getting enough petrol to keep it going but this will definitly cause it to shake like anything.