Should I Modify

Season's greetings pplz. I hope everyone is well. I am considering replacing my stock Sportivo (Allex here) exhaust with an aftermarket one. However, I have ran against other 2zz's with sports exhausts and they were no faster. In fact, mine seemed seemed slightly faster and some of them had management.

Guys have been telling me not to do anything with the car as it is performing very well as it is. I believe that a free flowing exhaust would improve my performance somewhat but I have been mostly told to just leave it as it is.

What do you guys think?

I have an Allex as well and after a number of searches on these forums, i went ahead and installed a 2.5 catback exhaust. I have to say that it sounds great and car feels like it has a bit more torque. Although i havent really pushed it as yet so i cant really comment on the overall performance.

I reckon go for it... The guys in South Africa swear by it!!!

Dont forget though... you might have 'seemed' faster, it is an art to get the best out of a 2zz!! Maybe they just didnt know how to drive the car? Thats no offence to you though!! :)

Edited by boetab

Season's greetings pplz. I hope everyone is well. I am considering replacing my stock Sportivo (Allex here) exhaust with an aftermarket one. However, I have ran against other 2zz's with sports exhausts and they were no faster. In fact, mine seemed seemed slightly faster and some of them had management.

Guys have been telling me not to do anything with the car as it is performing very well as it is. I believe that a free flowing exhaust would improve my performance somewhat but I have been mostly told to just leave it as it is.

What do you guys think?

What type of management system have they got?? If its a piggyback (unless emanage ultimate + v manage) it could of been why they are possibly slower with those mods.

Before getting an exhaust, you should get a CAI first...

i honest;y think the sportivos sound like poo with an exhaust. Might get a bee's ***** extra performance but who gives a fk!

spend he money on some quality suspension components, you will get twice the enjoyment going around corners fast than u will thrashing a slow car in a straight line