Continued: cant go over 180km/h

hey all,

if you remember a while back i send a post out asking about a mates car that was a 94 Corolla Ae102.

anyway i managed to get the results and thought id let you all know what the story was for the people who were wanting to find out :D

There was a few problems with the car. listed are the following:

*one type had a broken valve on it. so the tyre kept going flat causing the car to not drive smoothly

*the pistons in the engine were damaged.

*the engines getting old and has done nearly 300,000km. So its simply cos its getting old.

*their was a problem with the air intake box thing. Apparently there was an issue with it causing not alot of air to flow through.

All the issues were fixed. but the car still apparently seems slow compared to mine and i think thats simply cos he mistreats his one and the engines just getting too old.

so yeah....there you have it ;)

Good luck to your friend with his car maintainance. When the engine gets up to those sort of mileage, it will well and truely be quite tired. Funnily enough when you get a bit of blow-by on an old engine, the oil getting past the rings will raise the compression and give it some herbs at higher revs (a sign thats on it's last legs). It sounds like your friends car has gone past that stage, and probably needs a (minor) rebuild.

Drive safe,

Gav.

*the engines getting old and has done nearly 300,000km. So its simply cos its getting old.

Mine's a tick under 300,000km, completely un-opened, and apart from a slow oil burn (5000km oil changes avoid that problem) it's still as fresh as a daisy, because it was run in properly and lead a charmed life on the open road for the first 7-8 years of it's life, not city traffic. On the other hand, my mate's 102 was burning oil like nothing else, and had significantly less power (mine stock was just about better than his with full intake and exhaust mods), simply because it was treated poorly early in it's life.

hey all,

if you remember a while back i send a post out asking about a mates car that was a 94 Corolla Ae102.

anyway i managed to get the results and thought id let you all know what the story was for the people who were wanting to find out :D

*one type had a broken valve on it. so the tyre kept going flat causing the car to not drive smoothly

*their was a problem with the air intake box thing. Apparently there was an issue with it causing not alot of air to flow through.

All the issues were fixed. but the car still apparently seems slow compared to mine and i think thats simply cos he mistreats his one and the engines just getting too old.

Do a burnout ya soft *****

hey all,

and i want to do a burnout why....f_R_I_K_N NOOOOOB

dude if u wanna talk about burnouts go make a topic about it somewhere else

hey all,

and i want to do a burnout why....f_R_I_K_N NOOOOOB

dude if u wanna talk about burnouts go make a topic about it somewhere else

Dude, lol, as opposed to talking about doing 190km/h

and before you go calling people a "f_R_I_K_N NOOOOOB" take a look at your own post....

"*their was a problem with the air intake box thing. Apparently there was an issue with it causing not alot of air to flow through."

the air intake box thing? lol... noob.

I'm interested in how much your friend spent on his car getting his Pistons fixed

"*their was a problem with the air intake box thing. Apparently there was an issue with it causing not alot of air to flow through."

the air intake box thing? lol... noob.

LOL. Very good call. RAV3R, you're certainly the noob. You haven't even been around here long enough to understand a joke from Simo.

ohh.....well it there was a joke behind simos message i take the awful message back :whistling: sorry champ

yeah "thingy" probably want the best word to use about the airbox hahaha

as for the cost to get the pistons fixed i dunno.

and no i havent been on toc for long...prob only a few months now so im a young nooooobie member :D

btw hiro ur car looks good, wouldnt mind seeing it in action :clap:

Edited by RAV3R

You are not Fujiwara Takumi. You drive an AE102, not an AE86 with a 200bhp Group A 4A 20v motor.

Stop trying to do stupid things and putting peoples lives at risk. Just do the speed limit. Moron.

do u have a thing for fujiwara takumi? u bring him up in every post

You are not Fujiwara Takumi. You drive an AE102, not an AE86 with a 200bhp Group A 4A 20v motor.

Stop trying to do stupid things and putting peoples lives at risk. Just do the speed limit. Moron.

I most certainly do not bring him up in every post thankyou very much >.>

I referred to Keiichi in another post recently, you may be getting mixed up. I do have a thing for Jay Chou, who played Tak in the movie though yes.

I referred to Keiichi in another post recently, you may be getting mixed up. I do have a thing for Jay Chou, who played Tak in the movie though yes.

LOL, okay then.. we'll leave it at that boys!

Anyways, please do not boast about these incredible achievements on public forums, especially when they are putting others at risk. Keep your speeding for the strips, and not the open road...

Us 'P' platers get enough sh*t as is. So yeah, please keep that in mind, there are other drivers on the road and not just you.

rta-pinky.thumbnail.jpg

Sorry Mr. Rav3r/armstrong, it wasn't directed at you personally, but please try to knock some knowledge into your mate's head.

Edited by KT668

LOL, okay then.. we'll leave it at that boys!

Anyways, please do not boast about these incredible achievements on public forums, especially when they are putting others at risk. Keep your speeding for the strips, and not the open road...

Us 'P' platers get enough sh*t as is. So yeah, please keep that in mind, there are other drivers on the road and not just you.

rta-pinky.thumbnail.jpg

Sorry Mr. Rav3r/armstrong, it wasn't directed at you personally, but please try to knock some knowledge into your mate's head.

thats cool mate, no offense taken. I'm not the foolish fella speeding so don't sweat it :D

besides i don't think i have to knocking knowledge into him....i think hes learn't that himself, cos hes learnt the hard way because:

*he didn't have a car for a few days

*he had to borrow money cos he was low on cash

Thanks for the picture btw hahahaha

and everyone please be aware its not me speeding it was someone else. anyway it was his own fault that he had faults occurring to his car. ;)

THX EVERYONE FOR THE POSTZ ^_^

ive had my rolla well and truely off the clock like im talkin 6000+rpm in 5th at eastern creek raceway (legal speeding) :D it was my ae93 but now that same motor is in my ae 102 n makes n extra 30+hp