Should street racers cars be crushed

pnyk33

Whitestivo, BKS and Simo, all very good points.

BKS, in QLD we've had the anti-hooning laws for a few years now where first offence is car impounded for 48hours, second is 3 months and third is loss of vehicle. Don't quote me on those figures, but very few have made it to the third stage before the car is sold off.

regarding the car crushing ..... it will never work ..... i dont think the government or the law makers have looked @ real life scenarios .....

by real life scenario i mean this .... a kid on his P's in the blue mountains recieved an R33 GTST for is birthday ...... one day he wrote it off ..... pretty similar to crushing a car ..... 6 months after the incident he wrote off his old mans GTR and killed himself & his girl friend.

Did having his original car tarnished from being able to be driven improve his sensibility on the road ????? NOOOOOOOOOOOO

This exact same thing will happen with cars that are crushed ..... as has been pointed out the cause of the problem is the people behind the wheel not the vehicle .....

all i knw is the government and law makers right now are on a bit of a witch hunt and they r trying 2 work out what is going to give them best bang for buck in terms of getting the most votes next election.

So it will b the lobby that screams the loudest that gets what they want ...... this being said though i wonder if the government has thought about all the in's and out's of this situation .... what if its actually my parents car? company car? is under finance? etc etc etc ..... i can c this turning into an absolute nightmare ......

regarding the car crushing ..... it will never work ..... i dont think the government or the law makers have looked @ real life scenarios .....

by real life scenario i mean this .... a kid on his P's in the blue mountains recieved an R33 GTST for is birthday ...... one day he wrote it off ..... pretty similar to crushing a car ..... 6 months after the incident he wrote off his old mans GTR and killed himself & his girl friend.

Did having his original car tarnished from being able to be driven improve his sensibility on the road ????? NOOOOOOOOOOOO

This exact same thing will happen with cars that are crushed ..... as has been pointed out the cause of the problem is the people behind the wheel not the vehicle .....

all i knw is the government and law makers right now are on a bit of a witch hunt and they r trying 2 work out what is going to give them best bang for buck in terms of getting the most votes next election.

So it will b the lobby that screams the loudest that gets what they want ...... this being said though i wonder if the government has thought about all the in's and out's of this situation .... what if its actually my parents car? company car? is under finance? etc etc etc ..... i can c this turning into an absolute nightmare .....

Here's the answer to the last part of your post...

Parents car = too bad. If your parents are nice enough that they don't kick you out or demand a new car from you, then lucky you.

Company car = you owe the company a new car, or at least the remainder of the applicable lease plus the residual value.

Finance = not the finance company's problem. You must continue paying the car off...

As for the guy in the blue mountains, I see your point about not stopping the kid. But how many parents own a GTR etc, let alone would let their kid drive it after he just wrote his own machine off? I have no doubt this guy would still have been an idiot anyway... but would a 'normal' person have killed themselves and their passenger if they were forced to drive a 1989 camry instead? I wager not. Furthermore, if a normal person had been caught, charged (and had restrictions imposesed on them), and had their car repossessed - eg. been made an example of the first time around - do you think they would have a slightly different attitude behind the wheel than if they had simply got away with writing it off?

So it will b the lobby that screams the loudest that gets what they want ...... this being said though i wonder if the government has thought about all the in's and out's of this situation .... what if its actually my parents car? company car? is under finance? etc etc etc ..... i can c this turning into an absolute nightmare .....

Here's the answer to the last part of your post...

Parents car = too bad. If your parents are nice enough that they don't kick you out or demand a new car from you, then lucky you.

Company car = you owe the company a new car, or at least the remainder of the applicable lease plus the residual value.

Finance = not the finance company's problem. You must continue paying the car off...

As for the guy in the blue mountains, I see your point about not stopping the kid. But how many parents own a GTR etc, let alone would let their kid drive it after he just wrote his own machine off? I have no doubt this guy would still have been an idiot anyway... but would a 'normal' person have killed themselves and their passenger if they were forced to drive a 1989 camry instead? I wager not. Furthermore, if a normal person had been caught, charged (and had restrictions imposesed on them), and had their car repossessed - eg. been made an example of the first time around - do you think they would have a slightly different attitude behind the wheel than if they had simply got away with writing it off?

x2 i agree with leroy on this, zero tolarence is the best bet to stop hooning/speeding no matter your circumstances. if u fall into the group above bad luck. as for driveing a camry id bet he would killed him self any way, its not the car its the driver

Edited by spillige

x2 i agree with leroy on this, zero tolarence is the best bet to stop hooning/speeding no matter your circumstances. if u fall into the group above bad luck. as for driveing a camry id bet he would killed him self any way, its not the car its the driver

Oh, completely agreed... I'm not suggesting that you cant kill yourself easily in a camry.

What I was getting at was that other than the initial crash, he didn't have to suffer the consequences of any of his actions. He didn't have to drive an old low spec car to continue paying off his fines or his loan repayments.

Instead, he was just given the keys to an even more powerful car.

I think if you drive a skyline with a 3"exhaust and it's not a GTR, then you should have your car crushed.

that will fix a big part of the problem.

whitestivo

LOLLLLLLLLLL

thats owned the pics of the crushed cars that wasent recent was it?? im pretty sure ive seen that around ages ago nice they were nice eg civics >_< lol

anyway in regards to crushing peoples cars thats just pure evil!

Don't know if you guys remember, but years back there was this reality show on 7 called "Australias worst driver", basically the show found a whole bunch of drivers with really doggy records where they have to complete various challenges and tasks. The winner (most improved) won an Alfa and the loser got his/her car crushed. Anyway the producers must have thought the idea of crushing cars would get peoples attention and entertainment value, well..... it totally back fired with a when the middle-aged mum who lost the show started crying on live TV while watching her car getting crushed, even the host felt it was a bit harsh and didn't know what to say lol. More importantly, this followed with a flood of bad reviews, ratings, and complaints. Needless to say the promised 2nd season never came.

So IMO... Australia says NO to car crushing :P :lol:

Edited by DHC09

I think selling the cars off is better than crushing them (more money to the public to get more guns, money at pcyc). I went to one of thoes police auctions, having a look in the picture from california compared to the police auction, california has alot better looking cars, brisbane was mostly old falcons and holdens, only saw 1 or 2 civics, all of em were stock, except for rims or exhaust. Scored a falcon for 1.5k. alright as a first car for my friend.

boot locks on cars?

yeah big mother locks on your wheels, 1st offence (street racing) cars locked down for 3 months, 2nd offence guess another 3 months etc etc, there also thinking bout crushing to replace the repo rule

Hehe what a good guess, wow sounds good, but thinking about it, they must have used it alot lately, i havent seen that commodore that keeps drifitng infront of my house.

Hopefully he drifted himself out of existence off the roads, away from suburbia for a while good...

Edited by Leroy