silver 03 ****r

doriae86

leviin

i've heard it happen, and a supplier up here proved to make a much more versatile item.

take a look at doraie photos to see hot to rectify

i've had mine for a year, no dramas, it seems to be the angle it's positioned, just keep an eye on it when servicing.

i don't worry about it at all.

whitestivo

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

leviin

i've heard it happen, and a supplier up here proved to make a much more versatile item.

take a look at doraie photos to see hot to rectify

i've had mine for a year, no dramas, it seems to be the angle it's positioned, just keep an eye on it when servicing.

i don't worry about it at all.

whitestivo

OK thanks for the info.

shearing your connection is somewhat common, it's the achilles heal of the trd intake. ces got it way better

i have the trd, and was careful with the direction of fit, and so far, 1 year on, all good.

whitestivo

Are you referring to the rubber elbow on the TRD intake? So are they prone to tearing? If so, what can be done to stop it happening, I would have thought with the mounting brackets etc it wouldn't be able to move significantly enough to rip it open, but it looks like I may be wrong :(

I only ask because I saw a photo of a torn one the other day and it got me thinking... Should it happen, where can a replacement be found?

Cheers

i've had it for almost a year now and they are still going strong, from what i've heard if you dont overtighten it it probably wouldnt tear, but its also up to ur luck i guess.

shearing your connection is somewhat common, it's the achilles heal of the trd intake. ces got it way better

i have the trd, and was careful with the direction of fit, and so far, 1 year on, all good.

whitestivo

Are you referring to the rubber elbow on the TRD intake? So are they prone to tearing? If so, what can be done to stop it happening, I would have thought with the mounting brackets etc it wouldn't be able to move significantly enough to rip it open, but it looks like I may be wrong :(

I only ask because I saw a photo of a torn one the other day and it got me thinking... Should it happen, where can a replacement be found?

Cheers

i've had it for almost a year now and they are still going strong, from what i've heard if you dont overtighten it it probably wouldnt tear, but its also up to ur luck i guess.

same..prob 18 months now and no signs of tear / perishing....like you said i make sure not to tighten too much

• 2 weeks later...
Off to the drags tonight. Any of you perth guys wanna join me? Lets see what a measley 141 hp can do down the 1/4 mile

i hope bks is there so he can show u he's shatty attempt at emanange tuneing, and bore every one with he's 2kw gain he got from lift transition :toast::toast:

if i've ****** anyone off... they know where the PM button is... FFS.... quit fighting battles that arent yours to fight, and like i PM'd you... leave the insults off the forum, and shoot me a PM if you want to have a dig at any of my posts.

**spillige**... i think you missed this part... and just so you know for the future,, BKS is from Melb....

anyways... back on topic.... doriae86, good luck with the drags tonight.. and how is the racing series that you entered going??

do you need a CAM's licences for that?? i'm interested in getting involved into something like that as well..

btw your car looks well set up..

Racing series required the tre of a control tyre. Turned out the tyre isnt available available in 15 inch or a suitable profile for my 16s.

No problem though. Just means i have to do track days on the r comps.

Racing series required the tre of a control tyre. Turned out the tyre isnt available available in 15 inch or a suitable profile for my 16s.

No problem though. Just means i have to do track days on the r comps.

so i take it that you didn't enter,, track days on r comps would be heaps enjoyable anyways,, and by the looks of it you look like you have 2 set's as well..

be sure to post up some of your times.. ;)

Off to the drags tonight. Any of you perth guys wanna join me? Lets see what a measley 141 hp can do down the 1/4 mile

i hope bks is there so he can show u he's shatty attempt at emanange tuneing, and bore every one with he's 2kw gain he got from lift transition :toast::toast:

Spillage,

you drive a stock 1zzfe right? bwahaha!

you're coming to the National meet here in Melb in a few months arent you??

untill then... take care out there.

EDIT: I'm better than that...... deep breaths

Spillage,

i do drive a stock 1zzfe yeah and????? i can see what your implying and ive also been the proud owner of a 10sec gemini

in all honesty just having abit of fun with u :toast:

10 sec gemi....nice....i remember when i was a young teen a guy had an 80's gemini with a holden rodeo 2.0l in it or something i think...was good...what engine did you have in yours

nice, rodeo/piaza/g200 were all good comin swaps back then, i had s4 13b with t04 running a halteck i purchased it as a rolling shell with the 13b already in it. loved that car. im currantly in the process of building something similier :yahoo:

edit: sorry for the hijack

Edited by spillige

Spillage,

i do drive a stock 1zzfe yeah and????? i can see what your implying and ive also been the proud owner of a 10sec gemini

in all honesty just having abit of fun with u :toast:

so you're coming to the Nat meet then with your 1zzfe???? bring it... i want you to.

best for the night was a 14.66 with 2.3 60 footer.

still heaps more in it but i wanna change the gearbox oil before i cain it anymore.

will post time slips tomorrow arvo

not bad for 141 hp

still heaps more in it but i wanna change the gearbox oil before i cain it anymore.

Good work now only 2sec and you can compete with xoom!!!! :P

What oil you thinking of using??

Good work now only an extra $30k you can compete with xoom!!!! :P

ps - quoted for truth :)

Edited by doriae86

Good work now only an extra $30k you can compete with xoom!!!! :P

ps - quoted for truth :)

:D good one, i thought it would be more!!!

not bad times.... what tyres did u end up running? what other cars ahve u owned?

bks i hope those are not threats....... :mellow::mellow:

used semi slicks, but they didnt grip well because i didnt wanna wear them out by 'warming them' at the start of each run. sit 60 foot will attest.

other cars.. hrm

starting at first car ..

ae82 twin cam

kh2 tx3 turbo laser

4agze ae86

r32 gts-t skyline

gc8 wrx wagon -

r32 gts4 -

then another gc8 wrx

02 sti

ae92 sx

then sportivo.