Grand Turismo 4

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YAY!!!!!

A night free from the GF, and the game is here!...could this night get any better??

You lucky lucky B*****D.

Hope you enjoyed your perfect date. :lol:

hahahaha

I think i might get a 6pk o beer on the way home and get a pizza also .....

THIS NIGHT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER!!!!!

I'll be picking mine up at 5pm today!!!!

BTW, BIG W is selling GT4 for 78.44 :o .

Also got to GT Planet for all the news and tips on GT4!!!!

Bl33dy h3ll, paid $85 for it :( But worth every cent imo.. and the RunX drives exactly like the Stivo on a racetrack when you power out of corners above 6000rpm the wheels cannot stop spinning.. also noticed how much quicker and smoother the TypeRs are..

So who has clocked the quickest time at Tsukuba Circuit? I managed a 1min15s on my first attempt, pretty shabby.. Best so far is an NSX-R with 1min3s.

great

the Tsukuba is very similar to BMI, i just love how the display has more features

such as throttle, and braking power, plus NOS gauge.

The NOS is not as gay as in NFSU, and the settings, you can play around with your car even more.

Have you guys noticed, the accerleration and braking, the screen movies up and back, how cool thats a good feature.

and when you hit the wall you lose concentration.

Has anyone pitted in the game? You get a pit crew. Does your car ever get damaged. It shows that you can get damaged but i try hitting the wall at high speeds nothing has happen

Dam addictive game.

The bad points? i wonder what they are. I reckon the tunning houses are lame cause they do exactly what the factory tuning houses do, i thought the blitz supercharger would be cheaper or better than the TRD one. No difference.

Apart from that it's a excellent game, for single player or multiplayer

So who has clocked the quickest time at Tsukuba Circuit?  I managed a 1min15s on my first attempt, pretty shabby..  Best so far is an NSX-R with 1min3s.

I spent most of my time enjoying scenery at the Nurburgring and taking happy snaps. I didn't spend a great deal of time racing as I had things I had to do. I was on it for about 2-3 hours just learning my way around all the menus... :huh::blink::blink:

I've decided to try and to 2 games 1 where I get the assistance from the other games (GT4 prologue and GT3) and one where I start from scratch... and see which way works better. I must say I am a bit dissapointed by the tuning zone, I thought there would be more choice and variations in performance between the companies but as far as I can tell it's just a plug for the various tuning houses. 1 thing I do like about it though is the way the icons for the different houses turn YELLOW for the ones you can use for the particular car you have...

Oh and did anyone else notice that when you go into the menu for the 'original circuits' it plays the menu music from the original Gran Tourismo... Call me crazy but it's the little things like that, that I just can't get over about this game, they really have gone all out to cram as much onto 1 DVD as is possible... and the fact that you can set units to kW and Nm I just love, did you notice the RunX has only 139 kW where as the Lotus Elise 111R has 141kW (didn't compare the celica though)

Edited by Blue_Stivo

So who has clocked the quickest time at Tsukuba Circuit?  I managed a 1min15s on my first attempt, pretty shabby..  Best so far is an NSX-R with 1min3s.

I spent most of my time enjoying scenery at the Nurburgring and taking happy snaps. I didn't spend a great deal of time racing as I had things I had to do. I was on it for about 2-3 hours just learning my way around all the menus... :huh::blink::blink:

I've decided to try and to 2 games 1 where I get the assistance from the other games (GT4 prologue and GT3) and one where I start from scratch... and see which way works better. I must say I am a bit dissapointed by the tuning zone, I thought there would be more choice and variations in performance between the companies but as far as I can tell it's just a plug for the various tuning houses. 1 thing I do like about it though is the way the icons for the different houses turn YELLOW for the ones you can use for the particular car you have...

Oh and did anyone else notice that when you go into the menu for the 'original circuits' it plays the menu music from the original Gran Tourismo... Call me crazy but it's the little things like that, that I just can't get over about this game, they really have gone all out to cram as much onto 1 DVD as is possible... and the fact that you can set units to kW and Nm I just love, did you notice the RunX has only 139 kW where as the Lotus Elise 111R has 141kW (didn't compare the celica though)

Something bad i found was that when you enter the garage, the power output is in hp even though you have selected kw and even when it says kw.. (eg. stock RunX has 199kw and Nismo 270R Silvia has 270+kw :blink: , but if you select cars and view them individualy the power output is different, for the 270R it's 190kw=270bhp) its only when you view the actual cars individually that the power output's right. But this game ROCKS!! I love it!! Still have yet to take pictures of my RunX.. too bad we can't dress up the car a little more..

Was going to Harvey Norman to pick up a copy but I was working and got a friend to help me get only to find out that they're sold out. In the end, my friends got together and went to EB games and got it for me as a belated birthday prezzie.

Didn't really play much GT3 or the prologue before so I'm still trying to get use to the game. But beautiful graphics and smooth gameplay. Now to get the Logitech steering wheel!

I got the game today, didn't pre-order or anything just walked in and grabbed the last copy. :lol:

To be honest I never got on too well with the other GT series games. This one however feels heaps different and im finding myself really addicted to it.

Gotta love that photo option.. its amazing. Ive only taken one photo so far which was to test things out. Its absolutly fantastic that you can transfer them to a flash stick memory as well.. very gobsmacked over that option.

IMG0000.sized.jpg

How do I tell my girlfriend that im cheating on her with a girl called Grand Turismo 4? :lol:

What cars are you all driving also? Since I only just started I only have a supra twin turbo. It runs like a beast. Tried driving with the old sprinter/trueno combo but it was just too slow for my tastes.

I got the game today, didn't pre-order or anything just walked in and grabbed the last copy.  :lol:

To be honest I never got on too well with the other GT series games.  This one however feels heaps different and im finding myself really addicted to it.

Gotta love that photo option.. its amazing.  Ive only taken one photo so far which was to test things out.  Its absolutly fantastic that you can transfer them to a flash stick memory as well.. very gobsmacked over that option.

IMG0000.sized.jpg

How do I tell my girlfriend that im cheating on her with a girl called Grand Turismo 4?  :lol:

What cars are you all driving also?  Since I only just started I only have a supra twin turbo.  It runs like a beast.  Tried driving with the old sprinter/trueno combo but it was just too slow for my tastes.

Love the NSX-R, drove it in arcade mode and could do 1min3s and better around Tsukuba, stock standard! But atm practicing my drifting skills with the Nismo 270R, has 380hp, stage 1 turbo and everything else done to it. Also added a 3D GT-wing and gold wheels. It's already overpowered and very hard to use anything below 3rd gear so stage 2 turbo is a no-no for me. Do you all turn off all driver assist devices? I do bcos its more fun this way! :D

Zee

Got a used S15 and if done the full exhaust and full suspension as well as an ECU upgrade and some weight reduction stuff. Pretty good car to race with. Now it's up to 306kw I think. Haven't played much with the photo mode option. Will try it out tomorrow...Labour Day!!!! Woohoo. And my girl is going interstate, which means... more GT4. :P

I am sooo tired ! ... and thumb is sore .... the aftermath of a weekend stuck to the ps2 begins ..

And dosent help when you are at work @ 7:30 am staring at your computer, dreaming about your next encounter with the ps2 ...

Im suddenly not feeling so good .. might have to leave work early today !

:D :D :D :D

I didnt end up playing it as much as I wanted to over the weekend :(

Can anyone tell me if they managed to move some $$$ over from gt4-prologue into your acc ????

licenses come from GT4-prologue, 100,000 credits comes from GT3...

But still, you got to 'HOME' and read what it says at the bottom of the screen, I think it was 'press START to load history' from memory... you can have the Prologue and GT3 samed games in either Memory slot as it will read through both of them in sequence, if you have it in #2 you will get a message saying No Data found in Memory Slot #1 don't panic, just say OK, and it will eventually find the stuff it needs in Slot #2

Cheers

Dylan

PS... once I get a Flash drive I'll post some pics of my RunX, I took it in the Japanese Championship against a Skyline, RX7, RX8, WRX and NSX and was not too shabby, was stronger under braking then all the other cars (with standard brakes mind you too) but lost out down the straight (at 90's Fugi) I came out of the last corner in 3rd on the tail of the WRX and finished 5th trying hard to block the RX7 and RX8 from flying past (failing :( ) the NSX won and the poor Skyline R34 was last :D :lol:

But as there was no chance I could win with the lack of top end speed I stopped the campionship after that race, will upgrade the gearbox and try again...

I didnt end up playing it as much as I wanted to over the weekend :(

Can anyone tell me if they managed to move some $$$ over from gt4-prologue into your acc ????

licenses come from GT4-prologue, 100,000 credits comes from GT3...

But still, you got to 'HOME' and read what it says at the bottom of the screen, I think it was 'press START to load history' from memory... you can have the Prologue and GT3 samed games in either Memory slot as it will read through both of them in sequence, if you have it in #2 you will get a message saying No Data found in Memory Slot #1 don't panic, just say OK, and it will eventually find the stuff it needs in Slot #2

Cheers

Dylan

PS... once I get a Flash drive I'll post some pics of my RunX, I took it in the Japanese Championship against a Skyline, RX7, RX8, WRX and NSX and was not too shabby, was stronger under braking then all the other cars (with standard brakes mind you too) but lost out down the straight (at 90's Fugi) I came out of the last corner in 3rd on the tail of the WRX and finished 5th trying hard to block the RX7 and RX8 from flying past (failing :( ) the NSX won and the poor Skyline R34 was last :D :lol:

But as there was no chance I could win with the lack of top end speed I stopped the campionship after that race, will upgrade the gearbox and try again...

When you win the Japan Championship you get a Nissan 350Z limited edition concept car with over 600hp and worth 381,000 credits!! Haven't driven it yet but i guess it will be a little quicker than the RunX :P

Edited by ZEEROLLA

did you guys drive the Caldina GT-T when doing international A?

that car is just dam good for a wagon

ALso the Merc 180 Evo, is soo quick and handles pretty good, it just has the right amount of power for the nuringburing.

Dam that course is long.

When you win the Japan Championship you get a Nismo 350Z limited edition with over 600hp and worth 381,000 credits!!  Haven't driven it yet but i guess it will be a little quicker than the RunX :P

I'm trying to see how far the RunX will get me bofore upgrading to something a little bit more powerful, I'll also try the Stage 2 Turbo in the RunX as it gives better top end then the S/C but the S/C gives much better drive.

Didn't get a chance to try it out tonight though, a little busy, but will get to it...

Unfortunatley I never played GT3-A Spec so I cant transfer 100,000 like the rest of you :(

But I have managed to move over my licences from GT4 Prologue.

I've started with a lovely little 98 corolla coupe and its going great guns at 222kW

I finally started to play around with the photo mode also B) fun stuff see attached

Thx for all the tips boys ;)