Grand Turismo 4

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hint for ppl who dont happen to have a spare 100,000 lying around from their GT3 A-spec save game.

On day one go straight to second hand late 90's cars and buy the EK 97 Honda Civic Tye-R for $9990

This can win all races in the sunday cup with ease.

Then sell the car you win as a prize....about $8800 from memory

Then go buy a fully Customized gearbox and a racing flywheel (fit both).

Set the gearbox to '6' for acceleration and your off and racing. With a bit of skill you should be able to win gold in the next series of events the FF cup :D

with that money you win from the second series go out and buy a FR, MR etc.

i hear that the 2zzge sounds a bit gay but all the hondas sound precise.

Very True :( The Hondas all rev to 9000rpm except the Integra Type R, only to 8800rpm and sounds great. I think its also bcos we have gotten used to the CAI on the 2ZZGE :D

Hint for ppl who dont happen to have a spare 100,000 lying around from their GT3 A-spec save game.

On day one go straight to second hand late 90's cars and buy the EK 97 Honda Civic Tye-R for $9990

Set the gearbox to '6' for acceleration and your off and racing. With a bit of skill you should be able to win gold in the next series of events the FF cup :D

Or use the Nismo 270R from passing the IA licence. I have been playing Japan Championship with over 70,000 credits each time i win it and you also get a LM edition concept 350Z worth over 300,000credits as a prize car. You can also keep playing that and win the same car over and over so you can sell them for cash. I have since purchased an NSX-R (MR), M3 CSL (FR), STI Spec C (AWD) and a (EP)Civic Type R. The EP series Civic R is a surprisingly taily hatchback.. back off the trottle and the tail sweeps around very easily. Its also as quick if not quicker than the Integra Type R. Anyone buying the TRD tuned Celica? I am also gonna get the R1 Titan Amuse S2000 when i get 150,000 credits!

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Or use the Nismo 270R from passing the IA licence. I have been playing Japan Championship with over 70,000 credits each time i win it and you also get a LM edition concept 350Z worth over 300,000credits as a prize car. You can also keep playing that and win the same car over and over so you can sell them for cash. I have since purchased an NSX-R (MR), M3 CSL (FR), STI Spec C (AWD) and a (EP)Civic Type R. The EP series Civic R is a surprisingly taily hatchback.. back off the trottle and the tail sweeps around very easily. Its also as quick if not quicker than the Integra Type R. Anyone buying the TRD tuned Celica? I am also gonna get the R1 Titan Amuse S2000 when i get 150,000 credits!

Another good tip, if your car is not quite up to Japanese champioship, go to Special Conditions, enter the Capri Rally (2nd one) on tarmac, win both forward and reverse and take home the beasty Toyota rally car thingy that looks like a tank (can sell for ~$250,000), repeat over and over, sell the cars and rake in the $$$$$ for 2, 2 lap races!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys.

Just want some of your opinions on what cars you like to use in particular races .. etc ..

FR -

FF -

MR -

4WD -

etc etc etc

Depends bcos there are so many great cars but i go for the lighter cars.

Stock FR - M3 CSL / M3 GTR

Tuned FR - Amuse S2000 R1 /Opera Performance S2000 / HKS Genki S15 Silvia / Mazda BP Falken RX7 etc...

Stock FF - Civic TypeR (EP series)

Tuned FF - DC5 Integra TypeR

Stock MR - NSX-R

Tuned MR - Castrol Mugen NSX..

Stock 4WD - STI Spec C / Tommy Kaira ZZ2

Tuned 4WD - Amuse Carbon R GTR (Check out that Titanium exhaust!!)

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys,

looks like everyone likes the new gt4!

hope u can help me with a few queries...

i know the point of gt4 is to provide a "realistic" driving simulation so i dont wanna start an argument over anything, but can u gimme an honest opinion on whether the driving experience still seems "slow" similar to gt3, or have they somehow made it more exciting?

also, in terms of difficulty do they still make u race 10 or 15 laps when u go on hard? (please say no :P)

thanks guys!

the biggest difference i felt was that the suspension movements are more obvious. the feeling of 'speed' is about the same. i think they have ruined my favourite track, deep forest raceway.

the endurance races are far better. the rally races, even more frustrating. esp with the stupid 5sec penalties when the front of your car touches a wall, or if u hit the other car, or if the other car hits u. the user-interface is counter-intuitive, u have to go thru layers of menus to get to anything.

so, imo, somethings have gone forwards and some have gone backwards.

hey guys,

looks like everyone likes the new gt4!

hope u can help me with a few queries...

i know the point of gt4 is to provide a "realistic" driving simulation so i dont wanna start an argument over anything, but can u gimme an honest opinion on whether the driving experience still seems "slow" similar to gt3, or have they somehow made it more exciting?

also, in terms of difficulty do they still make u race 10 or 15 laps when u go on hard? (please say no :P)

thanks guys!

I think you get the best feel for the speed when U use the bumper cam ... I love the game ... but I hate the way the screen shakes when U knock something !!

hey thanks for the replies! i think based on that ill probably hold off from getting it, even though the huge range of cars is sooooooooo tempting. i saw someone post pics of the old school celica and supras. OMG! theyre like my most favourite of old school cars!