2010 Toyota Camry

ToyotaFreak

Here's what we will/ might for the Aussie facelift.

From WorldCarFans

The new facelifted Toyota Camry has been publicly unveiled for the first time at the Detroit Auto Show. Both petrol-powered Camry as well as the Camry Hybrid are on display and will begin selling in March 2009.

The car has a newly upgraded 2.5-litre four-cylinder engine with VVT-I (Variable Valve Timing with intelligence). In LE and XLE grade levels it produces 169hp (126kW). A higher-grade SE model ups the grunt factor to 179hp (133kW). Fitted alongside it are two transmission choices, both 6-speed in either manual or automatic with sequential shift. A top-of-the-range model runs a powerful 268hp (200kW) 3.5-litre V6.

On the outside the Camry features a redesigned front grille and bumper, larger lower air intake, new tail lamps, 16-inch alloy wheels for LE and XLE, and larger headlights. The SE gets 17-inch wheels. Vehicle Stability Control with traction control is standard with all models.

Comfort extras for the 2010 Camry are among others, a USB port, Bluetooth, MP3 player. In addition the Hybrid comes with a newly designed instrument cluster. Seats are covered in something called Fraichir which is a combination of silk protein and synthetic fibers said to be gentle on the skin.

Camry Hybrid

2010-toyota-camry_1.jpg

Camry SE (Camry Sportivo in Australia)

2010-toyota-camry.jpg

Camry XLE (Top of the line Camry in the US/ Canada.)

2010-toyota-camry_2.jpg

2010-toyota-camry_4.jpg

Interior

2010-toyota-camry_3.jpg

2010-toyota-camry_5.jpg

JDM version

Toyota Camry (Note: Touring grade (A.K.A. Sportivo/ SE) was dropped from the range since the pre-facelift Gen 6 model.)

main.jpg

http://toyota.jp/camry/index.html

Brochure-> http://gazoo.com/NewCar/VehicleInfo/Catalo...N01%8c%8e%81%60

Daihatsu Altis (Only available in one grade.)

img4_20090113_16545270_1_l.jpg

img4_20090113_16545270_2_l.jpg

img4_20090113_16545270_3_l.jpg

http://www.daihatsu.co.jp/lineup/altis/

Saw this on ToyotaNation.

Some comments have been that Toyota has only made changes that weren't necessary.

If the Hybrid came with a lip-kit I'd mould it to the front of my Aurion. Actual picture of the hybrid isn't as sporty as it looks.

Toyota has only made changes that weren't necessary.

isn't that always the case with facelift models? obviously it is necessary to spice up the look that everyone is becoming accustomed to.

now it just looks like a big a$$ corolla sedan with a lil bit too many unnecessary curves...lol....

and when did Daihatsu start trading with toyota, or does toyota own Daihatsu?

2.5L engine... :huh:

I like the Hybrid... sorta reminds me of a Honda Euro...

There's stuff all changes from the 1st class Gen 6s to the new 2nd class. Shares same chassis and everything... different engine and some fancy stuff added and off ya go!

Impressive power for a 2.5 though :)

• 2 months later...

For 2010 here in the US, we're also getting a slightly more powerfull 2.5L engine.

Saw this on ToyotaNation.

Some comments have been that Toyota has only made changes that weren't necessary.

If the Hybrid came with a lip-kit I'd mould it to the front of my Aurion. Actual picture of the hybrid isn't as sporty as it looks.

In the US, there is a company that makes a Gen 6 Lip Kit, almost identicle to the SE (Sportivo) one. And I think one guy on TN with a Hybrid put it on. :)

well apparently the hybrid has a lot more grunt than the petrol engines. i read in wheels that the camry hybrid will do around 8 secs up to 100

Craploads of Torque at 0RPM's. :-P

Edited by ASG14

I hope this helps the sales locally of the Camry. I've noticed lately they have dropped below the 2000 units per month mark, and overall this does not help Toyota, who has lost leadership in the light and small/medium classes (Yaris and Corolla respectively). Even with a facelifted Yaris, the Getz is now infront and with the new 3 out soon, it'll be interesting to see how Corolla fares.