Went to wakefield again

T-Sport

hey guys... went to track again and took the sportivo for a nice run on a circuit club trackday... variety of cars there including a e55 AMG, done up s15's, many integra dc2R's and other various cars...

managed to pull a 1:19 flat on my first lap... we had official timing so yeh was pretty happy because the best i could do before was a 1:21

best time i had was 1:17:797.. came 14th on the day... very happy that i got in the 17's... i was trying all day! haha

well goes to show that sportivo rims are friggin heavy! my new lightweight rims make so much difference

http://www.racetime.com.au/?event=i0503&e=g01&view=fastest

Edited by T-Sport

ah so that was you! 1:17 is flying!

I went yesterday as well, dirty black corolla levin wagon with one foglight missing.

it was stinking hot...i only managed a 1:19.4 in the practice sessions in the morning but had fun the rest of the day.

what sort of tyres were you using?

Edited by Zr240

ah so that was you! 1:17 is flying!

I went yesterday as well, dirty black corolla levin wagon with one foglight missing.

it was stinking hot...i only managed a 1:19.4 in the practice sessions in the morning but had fun the rest of the day.

what sort of tyres were you using?

haha nah man u fly... saw u last time in ur black wagon... ur whole back tyres are lifting off the ground... haha thats driving hard... haha

yeh was so hot... hopefully next time can try and get low 17's or maybe 16's heheh

was just using potenza GIII's.. they were absolutely hammered by the end of the day... had huge chunks missing and crackin on left front cos of all the hard rights on the track... coming into that first corner... scary hehe ur names vincent yeh?

lol! never realised my back tyre comes up?

werd to the tyre damage yesterday. I had to actually swap my front yokohama a539 back to the crappy OEM michelin energy because my front left was so bald i thought it would blow!

yeh name's vincent, i'll come up and introduce myself next time..

soon man should be down ther ein the next month i have no excuse i have my helemt and my new tyres was going to get brake pads but i think i will just run these ones out first.

got a lot of expenses after getting clutch and tyres so maybe end of march ??

then i will have a very slow time but a time.

I found the stock toyota brake pads to be pretty damn good.

in fact the whole braking setup is very good on the levins (not sure how it is for the sportivos).

The pedal starts getting inconsistent before the pads go off, so i would personally change fluids first.

on street tyres, the oem pads are great!

in fact the whole braking setup is very good on the levins (not sure how it is for the sportivos).

The pedal starts getting inconsistent before the pads go off, so i would personally change fluids first.

yes the pads are good. the rotors aren't, they warp very easily

yes the pads are good. the rotors aren't, they warp very easily

havent had any problems with my rotors so far- touch wood.

and they have been to at least 5 trackdays(half of which were in stinking hot summer).

the oem corolla brakes are imo very good!- more than adequate for trackuse on street rubber.