Exhaust/Suspension + Other Mods

freddy mcbob

Hey all,

well my licence is back in under 3 weeks and i want to get a few things done to my the aurion.

Exhaust - i hear pipeworx @ macgregor (Brisbane) does a system for the aurion.. anyone had this done? what price you pay and does it sound good?

Suspension: What springs, who did the installation. A friend has a set of Super Lows for an aurion which he said he'd sell me for $150. but i'd need someone to install em.

There was a thread on here about Chrome grills. am looking @ getting one. also saw some people where buying 2 @ a time to save on delivery costs if someone wants to do that aswell. (live in brisbane)

Foglights: I am not liking the black inserts where foglights should be (its an atx) How much does toyota charge to get a set installed or is there another company that would do it?

Thanks,

Nic

i got my exhasut done at pipewerx and they sound really good! they dont do a fuill system tho they only do rear mufflers

they dont do superlows for aurions either they only do lows which i have in my car, i also got them done at pipewerx

150 is a rip off if there not new, pipewerx were 175 new. and all up 450 installed

i can give u details of a guy that got me my grill if u want, he also gets crome ones in

where about in bris are u??

rowan

hey mate...

in terms of the exhaust, yes, pipeworx is where we all got ours done at...

if you're willing to wait a few weeks, my axle back exhaust that they did is coming off my car, and you can have it for $100... its only been on the car for a few months...

i believe i paid roughly $300 for it...

also, i'm looking at buying some strut braces and sway bars for my car soon, so if you're interested in doing a small group buy to save on postage, let me know... :)

i live and work @ macgregor so pipeworx is awesome for me

Secaboy - strut bars and swar bars - i'd be interested pending time + price.

eSexSix - yeah i'll grab the details of you - he in aus?

if suspension is $175 new then i'll just go new and get exhaust and suspension done @ same time.

Get everything? had some mad body roll last time i went on a proper drive, would love to fix that.

no time frame on them. just need a notice pending how much they cost to get the cash together

Will get exhaust and suspension done the day after my licence is back.

Will be purchasing some wheels - looking @ some 19" BBoss Eleanors.

Anyone know anything about the fog lamps?

no time frame on them. just need a notice pending how much they cost to get the cash together

Elgin and I are thinking of placing an order with Ultra Racing in February. You can join in on the group buy then if you can wait. You would be looking at the following prices approximately (prior to group buy discount):

Front strut bar - $218

Front 4-point brace - $248

Rear sway bar - $323

Anyone know anything about the fog lamps?

I would suggest getting a set from eBay since Toyota will rip you off big time.

Ironically I'm actually heading back to Pipewerx to...wait for it....quieten down my ride!!

Yes, the wife has finally threw in the towel and said the droning is making her nuts. So I have to revert back to the stock ones or risk having to drive her 1998 Lancer wagon to work every day. Driving that car after the TRD really makes me want to cry. I have to turn off the aircon to accelerate. :(

So I recommend if you want to do something really noisy always have the ability to quieten it, either with Varex or a cut-out solution like DJKOR. Unfortunately Varex doesn't fit on the TRDs so it's not an option for me. The only consolation is the fact that changing the mufflers did nothing for performance, only a slight positive effect on fuel mileage. So hopefully I won't lose any precious kilowatts by going back to stock.

And as for the Ultra Racing bars, yes definetely worth getting!! (I'm Elgin btw) It's a cheap way to improve the body roll. I was so happy with the front strut brace that I immediately decided to get the front lower bar and the rear sway bar too. We got the front strut bars for $207 each (2 of us bought together), so with more people I'm sure there's savings to be made.

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner

im not sure about how much the foggies cost but i know that a toyota genuine foggy for the zre corolla is 425 a pair. maybe you should speak to Brad! about toyota parts, apparently he can get deals. but dont quote me, im not too sure.

I got my fog ligts, that came with black bezel foglight chrome piece around the light and all the wiring and interior swich for 100 bucks. There is a guy that sells them in sydney, gets them from Asia im pretty sure. No modification needed, goes straight on to my atx, now looks exactly like the presara ones. His name is nick wang, he tried to sell them on here once but he got banned. You can find him on ebay sometimes, he really good, real nice guy. He can also get orginal asian camry "aurion" parts from overseas. Can also get bodykits, but they are the ones that we already know about, the lipkits and wald kits.

For anyone who is interested. I spoke to varex, and they can make custom made varex exhausts. The guys from varex exhause basically told me any size i want. But after all my mucking around, i just couldnt be bothered now. The aurion creates more of a drone than a roar. Not the sound im looking more. But if anyone is interested, just give them a call.

Edited by BONDIE

Hey all,

well my licence is back in under 3 weeks and i want to get a few things done to my the aurion.

Exhaust - i hear pipeworx @ macgregor (Brisbane) does a system for the aurion.. anyone had this done? what price you pay and does it sound good?

Suspension: What springs, who did the installation. A friend has a set of Super Lows for an aurion which he said he'd sell me for $150. but i'd need someone to install em.

There was a thread on here about Chrome grills. am looking @ getting one. also saw some people where buying 2 @ a time to save on delivery costs if someone wants to do that aswell. (live in brisbane)

Foglights: I am not liking the black inserts where foglights should be (its an atx) How much does toyota charge to get a set installed or is there another company that would do it?

Thanks,

Nic

Hey your also on cruising brisbane right? Good topic in regards to mods, i was wondering about all this myself and was about to start research.

Would also be keen on any group buys as most things mentioned are on my to do list.

With the fog lights i'll speak to our spare parts and see how much i can get them for if you like?

sweet as thanks for all the help guys

sportivo chick - yeah i'm also on crusingbrisbane - if you could find out how much toyota ones are that'd be mad.

Yeah im 15HER (old personalised plates) on cb. I will have a chat with our parts dept and get back to you on here tomorrow some time!

DJKOR: can you please remember me when time comes for you guys to buy the braces... i'll be interested in a full set...

BONDIE: that sounds great... i dont suppose the guys from xforce mentioned how much a custom varex would cost, did they?

DJKOR: can you please remember me when time comes for you guys to buy the braces... i'll be interested in a full set...

I won't forget ya... after feeling what it's like missing out on the group buy. <stares at Rowan & Elgin>

BONDIE: that sounds great... i dont suppose the guys from xforce mentioned how much a custom varex would cost, did they?

Sorry mate he didnt, i was talking to him about the dimensions of all his varex, and told me if it doesnt work out, give them a ring and they can customise something varex for me. I couldnt imagine it being that much more. As they have ****loads of other non varex exhausts there that they could customise easily.

• 1 month later...

Well it's about time to revive this thread that has gone a little quiet. Since this is where all the discussion was starting, I may as well continue it here.

It may not be late February anymore but regardless, the time has come for me to purchase a front strut bar and rear sway bar. If anyone in Brisbane wants to order anything from Ultra Racing with me, just let me know. I will end up getting it regardless of discount or not (I'm not fussed), but I am just letting you guys know so that if you were planning on getting something, you may save a little money. Shipping can easily be divided as I am able to deliver around the Brisbane area.

You would be looking at the following prices approximately (prior to group buy discount):

Front strut bar - $218

Front 4-point brace - $248

Rear sway bar - $323

As a side question, I'm looking at swapping out mufflers in the tivo with the cash so graciously granted to me by K Rudd - I'm a little hesitant at this stage as I'm not sure how it will affect noise/legality.

Has anyone got any sound clips of a post muffler upgrade vehicle? Also - does any one know of a reputable mob that can get this upgrade done for me in Sydney?

As a side question, I'm looking at swapping out mufflers in the tivo with the cash so graciously granted to me by K Rudd - I'm a little hesitant at this stage as I'm not sure how it will affect noise/legality.

Has anyone got any sound clips of a post muffler upgrade vehicle? Also - does any one know of a reputable mob that can get this upgrade done for me in Sydney?

Maybe it's time to resurrect the thread that goppy tried to get going. It didn't seem to take off very well:

exhaust note

if anyone from Perth wants to play the strut bar game, let me know and I will see how much we can save on the other side of the country!

I may be interested in a RSB, but Im in Albany so what I save will be charged in extra to get it here.