My Corolla

dorifto

Thanks guys!

japerd Yeh i found it abit odd, i did tell my mechanic to pack it grease when he installed it and when i checked: yep filled grease. I hit the front sway with abit of WD40 and it has helped. Now for the rear....

Allex Will probaly catch you at the "regular" Friday carwashes one night. Are you going to the SNEEZE carwash/cruise On sunday night?

Thanks guys!

japerd Yeh i found it abit odd, i did tell my mechanic to pack it grease when he installed it and when i checked: yep filled grease. I hit the front sway with abit of WD40 and it has helped. Now for the rear....

Allex Will probaly catch you at the "regular" Friday carwashes one night. Are you going to the SNEEZE carwash/cruise On sunday night?

Car looks really good :D

keep it up :D

Evo

yah thats me, i have a panda ae86 trueno still, but i dont drive it much now.

the aw11 is more suited.

yah ur ae92 is damn nice. i liked ur old one when i saw it, all it needed was a 4age :P

hehe now u got a 4age ^^

will have to catch u guys at a TOC meet sometime, althought im pretty busy now days

Thought i'd post up some noob DSLR shots. I really need time to read up on how to use these things properly

oarz4g.jpg

With a Friends STi coupe. Hot car.

rvzj38.jpg

2a01gfa.jpg

Oh yeh my RS*R headers are in. Working on getting a rebuilt head with porting/seals done ect, more on that next time.

Cheers

Guest MR_ken

oh cool !

what work u planning to do on ur 4age bro ?

my ae86 has a smallport 4age... a damn good engine with a few mods..... mine beaten 20v cars ^^

Finally got round to getting shots of the exhaust

eq8bx5.jpg

2n8546s.jpg

23j4qza.jpg

They are RS*R 4-2-1 headers and front pipe from Japan. X-Force muffler and Catco high flow cat i bought locally. Won't go on any time soon as i'm in the process of buying a Small Port head and having it worked. Will be aiming more so at response moreso than outright power. 4AGE's don't make much anyway.

Time will tell

Thanks for looking

Finally got round to getting shots of the exhaust

eq8bx5.jpg

2n8546s.jpg

23j4qza.jpg

They are RS*R 4-2-1 headers and front pipe from Japan. X-Force muffler and Catco high flow cat i bought locally. Won't go on any time soon as i'm in the process of buying a Small Port head and having it worked. Will be aiming more so at response moreso than outright power. 4AGE's don't make much anyway.

Time will tell

Thanks for looking

if your looking for a workshop to do your head work can i suggest talk to Peter at Head 2 Head in Clayton South.

He builds race engines for Arrow Sports Cars and the likes... so knows the 4AGE like the back of his hand. I was VERY happy with the way mine worked out. and keep your eyes open for Big Port Cams unless your looking for something larger ;)

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the heads up and i'm one step ahead of you: have bigport cams already. How much did it cost to have your head ported/shaved ect ect? You can tell me here or via PM, i'm not too fussed

Mate i cant recall the exact costs....

i think it was about $600

Crack / Pressure Testing

Resurfacing/shaving

re shimming (to suit big port cams)

Sandblasting

Porting and Cleaned. (removal of combustion chamber hotspots)

5 angle valve grind

Had to supply the Valve Stem Seals and Cam seals. and IN and EX gaskets for the best Porting match.

But give Peter a call and make sure you tell him you spoke to me, and that your from the Twincam/TOCAU forum. and make sure you tell him what you want... he's VERY knowledgable... will chew your ear off... but... man.. good guy.

Head 2 Head

Engine Reconditioning - Clayton South, VIC

Address

50/ 266 Osborne Ave

Clayton South

VIC, 3169

Australia

Contact Details

Ph: (03) 9551 9083

• 2 weeks later...

Got some interior pics now that i got my fixed back bucket seat installed

2epo95d.jpg

1z63w3b.jpg

It's a replica of the RECARO SPG fixed back seat but made by Malaysian brand SSCUS. Checked out their website and it seems all good. Very happy with it overall.

ekopb9.jpg

Seat is fitted to super low Wisteria rails. Made in Japan and straight bolt in fit.

2ylky3d.jpg

JDM AE92 Corolla floor mats. Was bought as a set of 5 including floor mats for the front as well.

282hnrn.jpg

TOM'S gearknob and Honda EK type R gearboot modified to fit.

Other random shots

2uha8sn.jpg

k4jhpl.jpg

Thanks for looking. Any questions, fire away.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_0446.jpg

Have organised payment for the motor and freighting company. The engine itself is the same 4AGE 100kw small port version but has been fully rebuilt with new internals (balanced/shot peened). Comes with gearbox and loom too. My 4AGE has leaking valve stem seals so it consumes a considerable amount of oil so a replacement was already on the cards.

Also have these parts ready to go on

-RS*R headers and front pipe w/ mandrel bent cat back

-Bigport camshafts

Will most likely be buying a Buddy Club chipped ECU as well but see how i go with it all first

cheers

• 4 weeks later...