My Corolla

dorifto

Well I went track racing with Johnnie (Johnnieboi) and Duy (KenshinX). Despite having massive understeer issues (low track temp), I still managed a new pb, going from 1.49:1250 to 1.48:3850, a difference of about 3/4 of second quicker. Did two sessions before running into some minor issues. I'll get pics up soonish when I get them.

For now, I've got this..

4q4z1z.jpg

Thankfully, it's a Toyota Forum! :lol::toast:

u gobbled them up man. nice work ;) but u forgot to include the gap from the last PB, saves lazy people (like me) to scroll back to find it HAHA :lol:

i'll try and attend the exe track day. hopefully it will be warmer than yesterday

So I went to Winton... for the 8th time, and for the 8th time I got a new PB but only marginally due to adverse understeer.

Here is the video of session 1, I used my friends camera so excuse the quality:

AE92 Winton Time Attack Pt.2

Timing breakdown:

Session 1

2:12.9020

1:50.4320

1:49.3350

1:55.4300

1:52.0020

1:54.2430

1:48.8930

Previous PB was 1.49.1250 so only managed to dip into the '48's on the last flying lap. Watching the video, I had to dodge/overtake a few cars and not to mention a bird in the early stages. I miss two shifts, on seperate corners/laps so that cost me some time. By this stage, I notice the car is very understeery (I have an aggressive driving style) as the car will break traction mid corner with power-down. I give up and do my cool down lap.

Session 2

1:48.4690

1:48.3850

1:58.3350

1:48.4400

2:33.2200

Band-aid solution to understeer means lowering tyre pressure. I was already running on 28psi cold/32-33 hot but now let it down to 26psi. Bam, first timed lap and I notice the car can hold slightly more speed in the corners. Still understeers but I can work with it for now. Manage to have a few clean runs and reel of a string of 1.48's before calling it a day and going for a cool-down.

Decided not to go for Session 3 as A) brake rotors were on their last legs and B) a film of oil in my spark plug galley has come to light. Determined it was from the oil filler cap. Would have liked a 1.47 but with low track temps, my tyres were never going to grip as well and so I'd rather drive the car home if anything happened.

Unfortunately, my friend wrote off his Nissan 180SX Type-X and another friend blew his engine in his WRX. A costly and sad way to end the day, it's the price we pay for track racing I guess. On the positive side, I'm still leading the Honda/VTEC guys with 4AGE power LOL

Thanks for looking.

Edited by dorifto

1:48.3 is a time that will embarrass ALOT of bigger cars out there.. good work mate.

the last time i was out was in feb with sneezeinc and i think you were there also,

i was hoping to go to the exe day or pedders sprints but straped for cash atm, but the itch has come back and its been a long time between drinks for me..

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't let my brother take all the lime light with wheels, so I bought another set. lol

Took of the race wheels and tyres and replaced them with road going wheels and tyres. The wheels are AXIS OG's 15x8 +25 and weigh a metric tonne compared to the RPF1's I've got haha

154669_166787586692899_100000849761867_299385_3273525_n.jpg

151041_166787616692896_100000849761867_299387_5077638_n.jpg

154262_166787606692897_100000849761867_299386_417941_n.jpg

Transferred the tyres onto the AXIS OG wheels as the RPF1's will now be relegated to track duties. My IMPUL RS's with RE55S's are for sale for anyone interested. Holiday soon so no more spending (..hopefully)

Thanks for looking

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so it was good weather and the car was fairly filthy from trips to work and fishing ect. Gave her a quick wash and took some photos

ff8qae.jpg

Retrofitted a JDM Corolla badge. It's replaces my scratched Toyota one with a "C" with 3 "crowns" on top. I quite like it!

2a92u52.jpg

One for the 'Hella flush

acwoi0.jpg

2jcwo0g.jpg

That's it for now, have a few things to be fitted/removed from the car when I get back from my HK trip. Thanks for looking

• 4 weeks later...

Back from holidays and so got to servicing and fitting parts I either had or bought.

fjn43o.jpg

Accumulated parts. Oil catch can, NGK plugs, Ryco oil filter, Penrite oil, Hot Indm Kai voltage stabilizer, HKS oil filler cap, Project KICS magnectic drain bolt, Raybrig T10 bulbs, sweatbands for reservoirs (lol) and Castrol power steering fluid.

1yo2o2.jpg

Reservoir sweatbands fitted lol

2j1rlls.jpg

HKS oil filler cap

Before

2uijae1.jpg

What the engine bay looked like Pre-rebuild

After

afdlde.jpg

Fitted with the new parts. Voltage stabilzer is fitted to the side of the battery, got rid of the HKS death pod and fitted a 3A Racing one with K&N Apollo feed (actually works!) and other parts here and there. Not pretty a pretty engine bay but at least it works. Would like to dyno it sometime to see if it'll crack 70kw this time lol

good to see shes all running smooth mate ;)

when is the next track day you have in mind? i'm not too sure about australia day tampered... depends if i can cough up funds and the weather isn't too hot...

good to see shes all running smooth mate ;)

when is the next track day you have in mind? i'm not too sure about australia day tampered... depends if i can cough up funds and the weather isn't too hot...

Friends' organising a private day in March so hopefully it's not as hot and a smoother run on the track

• 2 weeks later...

Nah I purchased it of the twincam forums but that site has seen been taken over so I don't frequent there anymore. Are you guy that bought an ultra clean GTi in Brisbane? If so, I saw your pics and that is a crazy clean car!

As for aircon; yep I have it but it's not gassed as I had some work done and needed the gas out. I never use it anyway and am contemplating about ripping it out to save weight. I'm accustomed to driving with both windows down now haha

Ahh ok, ill have to keep my eyes peeled then in that case :)

Nah i bought mine from a guy out at Penrith.... used to be an apprentice panel beaters prior to him owning it so it needs a bit of work, but it will do for now....

Re aircon, if you decide to rip it out and want to offload it, im your man :)

Bloody Sydney weather is killing me even with a white car and windows down :( lol

If you decide to remove it give me a hoy Trunga as ive got the p/s minus a/c setup on my smallport using a nissan CA20 ribbed idler pulley and a shorter belt .. as always she looks mintos

Ok so I got about to making a heat shield for the car as the temperature starts to warm up with Summer now upon us. It's not yet complete as I still have finish the last of it off.

2z5vjnr.jpg

Started off with some 0.5mm thick aluminium sheeting, a few bolts, L brackets and trusty tin snips.

2e5p8bc.jpg

The length of the aluminium was more than sufficient so I cut out a section in the middle to make a template, leaving the end bits with a square finish for Version 2.0

nleiyh.jpg

Did a quick measure and bent it into place, meanwhile taking notice of the measurements.

i3s4mc.jpg

The heat shield sits on a peice of metal that once supported the airbox. On that brace is what looks like a 10mm hole in which I'll use to hold the heat shield with an L-bracket.

2upb9xu.jpg

n1pc9x.jpg

Once satisfied with the template, out came the ruler and marker to draw out a final copy.

2e4ma1g.jpg

Measure twice, cut once and it was time to bend it into shape.

or46f7.jpg

...next page for more pics :)

Edited by dorifto