My Corolla

dorifto

Another minor update

Awhile back, I've always wanted a smaller/lighter battery but didn't know which one to get until a discussion was had on another forum. That led me to do a 'group' buy on a Deka ETX15 battery with another forum member. The battery itself is made in the US and said to be made for another brand which is then rebranded and prices increased. Whether or not this is true, I can't say but I'm very impressed!

16kap3l.jpg

Here is the side-by-side comparison of the Deka ETX15L and my previous Exide Endurance Plus battery. The Exide engulfs the Deka and literally is 3x the size. Wait until you see the weight!

ru5hsg.jpg

The porky Exide came in at 14.7kg with the gold terminals attached

2vkclcp.jpg

..And the Superlight weight Title goes to the Deka, weighing in at a mere 5.0kg on the dot! Essentially 3x the weight (almost!)

Before getting the battery, I was worried as to how it would hold up in a vehicle that wasn't missing any ancillaries; air con/power steering/upgraded audio and alarm. However, I was assured that it would be ok as there was minimal power lost when the car was off with the only current drawn being used by the LED for the alarm. That said, after getting a few bits to fit, the Battery went in without too much hassle.

The flywheel that was installed with the clutch came in at 4kg, with the stock being 7 or 7.2kg - I've yet to measure but with a combined weight of over 12kg saved from the front, I'm definitely a happy camper! That's even before mentioning the added bonus of the lightweight flywheels' ability to incrase/reduce revs quicker.

A few more things' to do left before track day but the main culprits are out of the way. Will hopefully get photo's of the battery installed tomorrow.

Thanks for looking

Edited by dorifto

hey trung, its will here with the silver sportivo, just wondering where u get ur exedy hd clutches from? Im looking for a new clutch atm. cheers will

VU Will? If so, man it's been awhile! I got mine through Bursons, they don't normally stock it but can get you one in. My local Bursons wanted a deposit due to the cost of the clutch because I have a trade account and a good record with them, they ordered it in for me without incident. Trade account is awesome, save some decent money every time; from spark plugs through to Clutch kits!

Also, I rate the Exedy clutches. I've been through 2 of them already; one on the previous car and another on my current. Both H/D clutches and both never failed.

Nah not Vu will. The will u met at bundoora park meet, alisters cuzzin hahahaha, yeah im after a exedy clutch for my 05 sportivo

Clutch has pretty much bedded in nicely now. Clutch pedal has firmed up and bites well, just like before but more sensitive to throttle inputs. Onto other news..

2zir32s.jpg

After looking around for awhile for semi slicks for the track day, I finally found a set. Got a call at 9:10am from a contact informing me that he just acquired a set of 205/50/R15 (exactly the size I was after) Bridgestone Potenza RE55S semi's in SR (hard) compound. I'd prefer a medium-soft compound but will settle for the SR's

I've got a 'suprise' installed in the next coming days so stay tuned :whistling:

..so I got another set of wheels to fit the semi slicks. Yeh I know, my wheels are probably newer than my jocks lol :g:

3u43k.jpg

2h6htau.jpg

1rs214.jpg

Why am I not using my 6UL's? There isn't much strut clearance to A) run some fat tyres (205/50) and B) dial in more negative camber. Make no mistake, the 6UL's are fine for street use and track days (my RPF1's were very similar in size/offset) but to camber the wheels in you need some clearance.

Anyway, new wheels are ROTA Slipstreams. These are also called Spoon/Desmond Regamaster copies but I'm not fussed. Specs: 15 x 7 +25 PCD100 6.2kg/each running -3 degree camber fronts and -2.5 rears, maxing out the camber bolts if I remember right.

DSLR memory card clear....check

" " battery all charged....check

" " lenses cleaned....check

" " new flash battery...check

i am so gunna shoot the sh!t out of this thing...and everyone else of course,lets just say it's going to be a DSLR massacre :lol:

DSLR memory card clear....check

" " battery all charged....check

" " lenses cleaned....check

" " new flash battery...check

i am so gunna shoot the sh!t out of this thing...and everyone else of course,lets just say it's going to be a DSLR massacre :lol:

Hooray!! :D Can't wait to see the epic pictures :clap: Best of luck for the track day guys!

haha Are you getting an AE92 SX 'cause of my build? champion!

As for the red, my car had a respray sometime back but it's starting to fade and more so on the bonnet. I wash the car regularly and have noticed that the paint's in good condition still as the water 'beads' when sitting on the car and doesn't streak like older/less maintained cars do.

The only waxing I do is for the bonnet as it's faded the most

haha Are you getting an AE92 SX 'cause of my build? champion!

As for the red, my car had a respray sometime back but it's starting to fade and more so on the bonnet. I wash the car regularly and have noticed that the paint's in good condition still as the water 'beads' when sitting on the car and doesn't streak like older/less maintained cars do.

The only waxing I do is for the bonnet as it's faded the most

haha yep :P

i might just go with a white one :D

Do you remember the sellers name on fleaBay that you got the rad from? only ones i see on there now are 26mm's...

cảm ơn :)

Car looks great as usual!

hey trung, its will here with the silver sportivo, just wondering where u get ur exedy hd clutches from? Im looking for a new clutch atm. cheers will

VU Will? If so, man it's been awhile! I got mine through Bursons, they don't normally stock it but can get you one in. My local Bursons wanted a deposit due to the cost of the clutch because I have a trade account and a good record with them, they ordered it in for me without incident. Trade account is awesome, save some decent money every time; from spark plugs through to Clutch kits!

Also, I rate the Exedy clutches. I've been through 2 of them already; one on the previous car and another on my current. Both H/D clutches and both never failed.

Nah not Vu will. The will u met at bundoora park meet, alisters cuzzin hahahaha, yeah im after a exedy clutch for my 05 sportivo

highjack this thread... well not really... have u looked at the xtreme clutches? they have the exedy clutches built in them :) i never crunched my gears since this was in my stivo (except once me being very stupid and lazy...-_-)

lukusis; I didn't realise you're Vietnamese! Or is this Andrew? haha

Regardless, I don't remember the guys' name as it was two years ago but I think his still there, he sells alloy radiators for the AE86's I think and I asked if he had any to suit the 4AGE AE92 (w/ the 45 degree water outlet in the corner and not in the middle). So if you stumble across them, ask the seller. Oh yeh, ASI alloy radiators aren't bad either. Mine's a Golpher one and was a direct fit; everything lines up, peforms exceptionally and is shiny for +5hp or so :rolleyes:

Kenshin/Duy; Well I'm using a combination of both and definitely rate them!

So I did an impulse purchase

de2ur1-img600x450-12962885418ufybf18775.jpg

5 peice JDM floor mats with TOYOTA emblem. Admittedly, I once had the exact same set but regrettably sold them so was always after another. My current is the plush version with the Corolla emblem but I feel that the new ones should tie in with the interior better. Regardless, they are en-route and cost me something stupid but hey, it was an impulse buy!

Oh yeh another purchase

DSCF0758.jpg

Omori dual meter guage. It reads oil Pressure and Temperature. Just push a button and it'll read one or the other. Really wished the face was red or amber as the green will look odd but Function > Form

Track day this weekend, forecast looks promising. Fingers crossed for new pb!

Thanks for looking

lukusis; I didn't realise you're Vietnamese! Or is this Andrew? haha

Regardless, I don't remember the guys' name as it was two years ago but I think his still there, he sells alloy radiators for the AE86's I think and I asked if he had any to suit the 4AGE AE92 (w/ the 45 degree water outlet in the corner and not in the middle). So if you stumble across them, ask the seller. Oh yeh, ASI alloy radiators aren't bad either. Mine's a Golpher one and was a direct fit; everything lines up, peforms exceptionally and is shiny for +5hp or so :rolleyes:

Kenshin/Duy; Well I'm using a combination of both and definitely rate them!

hahahaha nah im not, my ex-fiance was Viet though so i picked up a little...seem to have an addiction to Viet food now tho :whistling:

Cheers for the info on the rad, ill hit em up and see if they can sort me out :)

So as you guys know, I organised the recent track day at Winton Raceway and the turnout attendance and weather wise was brilliant!

2qk19tu.jpg

Before I left, I made sure my "track day box" had what I needed to get through the day. To name a few things; helmet, racing harness, spare oil/coolant/brake pads and tape and also the ever important: tyre pressure guages (both analog and digital).

2wpqwz5.jpg

In that went with a pair of spare wheels, 2 socket sets and a few other things. Lucky I brought along the wheels as I flew off the track and almost damaged the Rota wheels - which are supposedly weak wheels but I guess not!

Anyway, so we went track racing and the low-down can be had here:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32247&st=0

In summary, I managed to beat my previous PB of 1.48.3850 by 0.544 second, down to 1.47.8410. The car has been reverted back to 'daily' spec with the road wheels fitted along with street pads as the track-spec pads had managed to munch through much of my new slotted rotors up front.

Next track day has been booked in and paid for so I'll be saving a bit and will be focusing on a few more bits as the day draws closer.

Thanks for looking