My Corolla

dorifto

Ive heard from an abundance of people that the ACL head gaskets are prone to failure in their basic option , but the sports labelled ones are very reliable , was that at bursons mate?

As some of you may or may not know, I did the head gasket around 2 months back. In that time, I did some thinking and thought replacing the head gasket would have been a cheap fix but have decided to go a step (or 3 further). To be installed are the following:

- Replacement 4AG Small port head with ports cleaned up

- Big Port cams

- GREDDY Timing belt w/ all new ancillary belts

- TODA 1.0mm head gasket

- Reinforced head bolts from Japan

- Timing belt tensioner

- GMB water pump

- New Penrite oil/Ryco oil filter/Toyota Long life Coolant

And for pics..

308fbi9.jpg

Out with the old...

In with the new...

1551emb.jpg

2qcq93a.jpg

Water pump and tensioner installed, block cleaned/prepped for new head install. You can see my Cusco brake master cylinder brace there too.

cmhw6.jpg

Belts ect to be fitted

Went to take a look at the cars' progress and so far so good. Head bolts from Japan are noticeably thicker, head is currently on the bench having the the clearances finalised and also picked up a set of new old stock Bridgestone RE55S tyres for the wheels coming from Japan.

Thanks for looking

where do i sign for your trackday?

i'll forward u the email i got from adam at tampered sports if your interested.

so far its dorifto, johnnieboi and me. need to get my bars sorted out still... feel the cars still not handling like it should be...

cant wait for this to be back on the road....

PS.. My Koni's arrived during today... install hopefully this weekend. 1:49 is in my sights. :)

where do i sign for your trackday?

Damn, 1.49 on road tyres first time? That's gonna be a fair task, unless your talking semi slicks. Took me 6 goes to hit 1.50 flat and that was on semi's lol but if you think thats manageable then go for it!

Car's back on the road now

:yahoo: Good news mate...now to just run it in and then slice up that track time you set. :)

btw...those rims are pretty lightweight yeah,i'm guessing just a smidge under 5kg each. :unsure:

Hey Lee,

Don't have to run it in as it was the head that was replaced, the bottom end remains so that's all good. Can't really give it some as I have to get the ignition timing finalised. As for the wheels, yeh they are around the 4.5kg mark or so. you can lift them with 2 fingers (first thing I did when I got them lol).

Spotted your car earlier in the week going north bound on Springvale road, the P1's looks the good!

• 2 weeks later...

It's been awhile since I posted up proper pics so here are some with my new muffler. It's a Fujitsubo Main Factory single tip that replaces the sissy pea-shooter muffler I had to clear the EPA.

352hh8n.jpg

2lne78i.jpg

Still got it, even though it's been a while. To be honest I quite like it! lol

mr8j1w.jpg

2wn20jr.jpg

And how she currently sits

No engine bay shots as it looks identical to what it use to, just breathes a little better :)

Thanks for looking

• 2 weeks later...

Well my IMPULS arrived

a4sns4.jpg

243knm0.jpg

However I may be taking another route and am contemplating about selling the wheels and semi slicks. Wheels are IMPUL RS's; 14 x 6.5 +15 offset 4 x100 with centre ring and cap. Tyres are Bridgestone Potenza RE55S's 185/55/R14, all right handed side but brand new just without sticker. PM if interested - I'll finalise contemplating in the next few days.

And also at the recent JDMST meet

1zc31g0.jpg

Until next time, :)

Small bump; I was cruising through the local wreckers not really looking for anything in particular. Didn't find much until on the way out I stumbled across a 'TEA' or 'TEQ' oil filler cap, the symbols actually spell out "TO/YO/TA" in Japanese. Thought that was pretty awesome so I grabbed another of an older Cressida import. As I was about to head out I stumbled across a rare AWD drive spec AE95 sedan. It suffered some damage but that didn't stop me rummaging throughout the car. It had electric everything; windows/sunroof/fold-in mirrors. An optional button to activate AWD mode, centre console DIN cup holder, red velour interior and window visors. It was missing the rear driver side visor so I grabbed the fronts and here they are!

2r4511i.jpg

Might go back tomorrow... :D

• 3 weeks later...

Track prep under way.

ndx5rl.jpg

DIY'd the IMPULS black and fitted Potenza RE55's.

Picked up rear camber bolts today, already have fronts. Received QFM F/R pads yesterday, just need to buy all the fluids and servicing gear.

I'll update soon

Nice job mate,they look so much better black IMO and thats some nice rubber stuck on the outside. B)

also nice to see you and the beast on Springy rd the other day,car looks and sounds great man,looking forward to seeing the new shoes fitted.

Well, for shi.ts and giggles I thought it'd be a great idea to test fit the wheels... until it decided to ***** down, stupid idiot mistake haha

2zspd1z.jpg

24c5k42.jpg

Mmm yeh, it's pretty flush at the front lol

zl6ji1.jpg

Ground clearance

9secqv.jpg

Suprisingly I have no issues with scrubbing (yet) as all fenders had been lipped and have yet to fit camber bolts all 'round. I will take them off when the weather gets better.

• 2 weeks later...

Well as the track day looms (November 2nd), I've been busy getting the car getting ready. The last of the to-do things were change brake pads, fit camber bolts and have a full four wheel allignment done. Anyway here are a few pics:

67219_157735807598077_100000849761867_258939_7298178_n.jpg

74251_157735817598076_100000849761867_258940_6804467_n.jpg

Camber bolts fitted and allignment complete. Currently set to -2.5 degrees front and -2 degrees rear.

2a5ydki.jpg

33y6yhh.jpg

Half stripped interior; no rear seats/parcel shelf/floor mats. Spare wheel will come out come race day

29p9ik3.jpg

Gave the muffler a hit with Auto-Sol metal polish, not bad for 5 mins! lol

67529_157735784264746_100000849761867_258937_716567_n.jpg

That's about it really. I wanted to do a gearbox fluid flush too but it's still sorta fresh (has Royal Purple in it). Changed brake pads to QFM's (A1RM fronts and HPX's rear) and changed fluid to fresh Penrite SIN. Now it's just a matter of seeing how the weather holds on up on the day and how the car runs since my mis-hap.

Keep you guys posted

cheers