My New boot badge

BONDIE

Ive been mucking around with a new boot badge this weekend, guttered the old one, added a new emblem etc etc.

But now I need to stick it on. What sort of glue do you guys recommend. Im after something like what they stick the factory badges on with, that stuff is pretty sticky.

Im gonna add a sweet scull into the front grill and go for a bit of a "punisher" theme on my car.

Pics below, only stuck on with blue- tac for effects.

post-7809-1233480495_thumb.jpg

post-7809-1233480509_thumb.jpg

post-7809-1233480527_thumb.jpg

post-7809-1233480539_thumb.jpg

post-7809-1233481334_thumb.jpg

Edited by BONDIE

There are a couple of ways of doing this, test it before actually doing this to your car, i see some people using really expensive double sided tape, making sure that the surfaces are both clean and free of grease, apply the tape onto the badge first then onto your car and hold for 30 seconds or so. another way is to use contract glue, the expensive stuff, not that stuff you get at woolies. mark out where its going onto the car, brush it on (masking tape may assist but remove whilst still wet or you get little stringy bits) both badge and boot, wait till try making sure no dirt flies onto it when wet and press together and hold for a while. The contact glue was used on my toyota badge by a professional as i watched him do it and the tape was done by my friend when he ordered a holden badge as his one was pried off. But test on scrap timber or metal to see which one suits you, its a shame if it fell off or gets stolen. The double sided tape is more neat, but the contact if done properly lasts for ages.

Eargunk probly said half of this but i cbf reading through his post anyway ive stuck many badges on my car and from experience i find that all you need to do is

clean the serface of both things your boot and the back of the badge with some turps or metho

get some 3m or scotch i think there the same but w/e cut it to shape or just to fit on your badge and stick her on ive done it a few times to my rear toyota emblem also because ive took it off to paint it and never comes off and is as hard as toyota factory i used to work at toyota and they dont use any glues that i know of for badges well at least not for the camry and aurions

Steven,

3M double sided tape, very clean surface, light and even pressure on the badge for a few minutes will work best, whilst not compromising the paint. The 3M stuff is brilliant.

I've used silicone to paste badges to motorcycle engines and they're still there after 100K ks, tolerating the heat and vibration. Not sure what the silicone will do to paint though.

get some devcon into ya!! haha

seriously though, this **** is great... it comes as two seperate "pastes" that you mix together and then apply onto both surfaces...

NOTHING will get this off... pretty sure if you wanna take it off later, you'll have to take the paint off with it... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Ive been mucking around with a new boot badge this weekend, guttered the old one, added a new emblem etc etc.

But now I need to stick it on. What sort of glue do you guys recommend. Im after something like what they stick the factory badges on with, that stuff is pretty sticky.

Im gonna add a sweet scull into the front grill and go for a bit of a "punisher" theme on my car.

Pics below, only stuck on with blue- tac for effects.

Bondie I love your originality.........thats what iam all about being diffrent I just don't want to become a victim of oh that just another aurion that's what i think of all these commodore and wrx going around atm they all look the same don't intrest me anymore too common.

keep up the good work and keep it reel :toast:

Azza