JDM COROLLA 2ZZGE SLEEPER

matt_glad

Thought I would share my corolla and what I have done to it and progress

Its a real sleeper and I like to keep it that way!

The car was imported from Japan with a blitz axil back exhaust, blitz filter, earthing kit & KYB suspension.

CIMG0036.jpg

CIMG0037.jpg

Took the car for a dyno to see what it could do the mighty 2zzge pumped out 106kw at the wheels

Suspension

The KYB's seemed a little soft removed them and discovered one was faulty. Had them rebuilt with Bilstein's great improvement!

Extractors

Pulled out extractors and got to work with the die grinder shaping the ports and using a special die grinder to shape the collectors. Car went back on the dyno and produced nearly 110kw at the wheels. If anyone is interested in having there header ported get in touch with me I have done a few 2ZZGE's now.

PortedInlet2.jpg

stockcollector3.jpg

scaner4.jpg

Intake

An injen cold air intake was sorced from the states which looks and sounds amazing! The car did not feel like it made a lot more power as I already had a Blitz air filter but I could feel an improvement up top. When vvti-l kicked in it sounds way better than your local Honda!

CIMG0034.jpg

CIMG0033.jpg

Also to keep the air cold a Hondata gasket was fitted to the intake manifold. This was better is stop go driving a noticeable difference with something so simple.

P1010040.jpg

Drivetrain

I fitted a Fidanza lightweight weighing in at 7.5 lbs the lightest one on the market. The quality was amazing and way lighter compared to factory. The car did not feel difficult to drive and acceleration was greatly improved. Revved much quicker all the way to 8200 RPM!

P1010041.jpg

Camcon

Fitted camcon fuel and cam controller

CIMG0038.jpg

Edited by matt_glad

Hey...

Nice car dude... Tried to see some pics off the Toyspeed site... but i still cant get a username.

There are some pics of my car on this link...

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=19649

How much do you charge to port the headers? Where do you get your car dynoed? I will be very interested to see how much power im pushing...

those header porting pics came from Newcelica.org right? theres alot more involved than just neatening up a few bits and peices correct flow through the collector is essential... and making a mess of it is very easy.

not saying you're doing it wrong at all.. but i'd love to see a few pics of some headers after you ported them to compare with say a CES item, or a Head 2 Head ported header.

• 1 month later...

Wanted to change the mid section to 2.5 inch after the cat, the factory resonator was 20 inch. I decided a 22 inch resonator which should keep it just as quiet. I did not want to make the car any louder. Resonator was custom built by me.

CIMG0148.jpg

Next the exhaust was built from the cat back using 2.5 stainless steel

mandrel bent, then coated with ceramic paint.

CIMG0164.jpg

Edited by matt_glad

Went to the dyno modifications since the last dyno are

- Flywheel

- Injen Air intake

- 2.5 mid pipe

Made 121 kw at the wheels (Blue line) after a small amount of tuning with the camcon I reached 127kw (Red line)

ScannedImage.jpg

Found these wheels at the local wrecker, nice and light SSR Sprint heart cp-f

P1010147.jpg

P1010148.jpg

P1010162.jpg

Edited by matt_glad

those header porting pics came from Newcelica.org right? theres alot more involved than just neatening up a few bits and peices correct flow through the collector is essential... and making a mess of it is very easy.

not saying you're doing it wrong at all.. but i'd love to see a few pics of some headers after you ported them to compare with say a CES item, or a Head 2 Head ported header.

Yes you are right those ones in the picture are a bit of a mess I should take some pic's of the ones I do all I can say is Im a perfectionist!

Mine are shaped different not so sharp and I also modify another part which I have not seen anyone else do.

Also to keep the air cold a Hondata gasket was fitted to the intake manifold. This was better is stop go driving a noticeable difference with something so simple.

can your explain the above please, i'm not sure what is involved.

whitestivo

can your explain the above please, i'm not sure what is involved.

whitestivo

Hondata gasket goes between the head and the intake manifold, keeps the intake nice and cold.

The idea is to stop/limit the heat transfer from the engine to the manifold.

How effective it is, I don't know. But if you need to replace the gasket, or run out of other simple mods then I guess it's something different to try out.

the hondata is about 5mm thick so not like ur thinner metal gaskets and made from a plasticy perspecs material ....... as dave said the theory is it wont allow for heat to transfer from the engine to ur IM as a metal gasket would ...... i figured i'd put one on since its not an expensive purchase and i needed a new gasket anyway ....... no idea if its improved anything but the air temps are where they need 2 b ...... and in theory this should have helped in doing that but yeah i dont have any conclusive comparative testing ...... i looked through all the pics i had and i cant find any of the gasket on its own and none where the angle is right so u can see it in the bay ..... and i CBF taking a pic of it now lol

on topic ..... nice car dude .....

The idea is to stop/limit the heat transfer from the engine to the manifold.

How effective it is, I don't know. But if you need to replace the gasket, or run out of other simple mods then I guess it's something different to try out.

the hondata is about 5mm thick so not like ur thinner metal gaskets and made from a plasticy perspecs material ....... as dave said the theory is it wont allow for heat to transfer from the engine to ur IM as a metal gasket would ...... i figured i'd put one on since its not an expensive purchase and i needed a new gasket anyway ....... no idea if its improved anything but the air temps are where they need 2 b ...... and in theory this should have helped in doing that but yeah i dont have any conclusive comparative testing ...... i looked through all the pics i had and i cant find any of the gasket on its own and none where the angle is right so u can see it in the bay ..... and i CBF taking a pic of it now lol

on topic ..... nice car dude .....

Nicely put from both gurus....

Nice car mate. Keep it up ..... Always love a good DIY ... :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...