rust spots

AUR30N

Can people check around there inner back door wheel archs and up when you open your doors and see if they have surfuce rust popping thru there paint

and around there top boot rubber between there windscreen and boot rubber

Azza73

My car has been through quite a lot of rain both here in Brisbane and up north it Cairns and shows no sign of rust in those places you have specified. Upload a couple of photos so we can see whether it is something that is okay, or something that you should get treated as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

here 2 pictures sorry for delay been wet

jaems yeah so am I considering my car has comliance plate of june 07 which makes the car 1.7 years old and the only reason i noticed it is cause i like to detail my car every week in and out and i am fussy i pick up on everything.

money is money i work hard for it

post-11810-1234668484_thumb.jpg

post-11810-1234668561_thumb.jpg

Edited by Azza73

From far it just looks like something that would rub off. On closer inspection it looks like the surface wasn't completely smooth before they sprayed it. What I would do in that situation is get some cut and polish and buff at that surface, then see what the surface looks like afterwards. Then follow with some wax or something. That's what I would do anyways.

From far it just looks like something that would rub off. On closer inspection it looks like the surface wasn't completely smooth before they sprayed it. What I would do in that situation is get some cut and polish and buff at that surface, then see what the surface looks like afterwards. Then follow with some wax or something. That's what I would do anyways.

dj thats not my problem - thats toyota's problem - shouldn't have to do al lthat when cars under warranty plus cut ands poslish takes paint layer away.

A car of that age should not be showing signs of surface rust unless you have scraped the paint of.

To me that is manufacturing problem.

Thanks for the advise.

Azza

If it's under warranty, then take it to Toyota. It's been 10 days. Do so then post up what they have to say about it. That way if anyone here gets the issue, we know what they have to say.

And if the car weren't under warranty, a light cut and polish is just going to act on the clear coat and by the time that section is cleaned up, it wouldn't have stripped it off. Clear coat is pretty tough.

Why haven't you taken it to Toyota yet then? It's been 10 days. Do so then post up what they have to say about it. That way if anyone here gets the issue, we know what they have to say.

And if the car weren't under warranty, a light cut and polish is just going to act on the clear coat and by the time that section is cleaned up, it wouldn't have stripped it off. Clear coat is pretty tough.

Toyota been informed about it the person that say's yeah or nah was on holidays. my cars been booked in for next monday.

Yeah for sure I will post the results - I will also get 2 spray painters opions on th issue before i go to toyota so i can raise business case study to as why they should repair it etc etc. if they say it nothing or they want to just touch it up with paint brush.....

Azza

My first Toyota was a 1997 AE102 1.6 hatch. And it came brand new with a repainted rear RHS door (was a different colour and had a bubble in the paint).

Cars can get damaged in transit and while being freighted, so I wonder if yours has had a bad repair done on it? Those small bumps look like weld splatter...

Anyhow, for it to rust there, water usually needs to enter in around the back window, C pillar or boot seal somewhere, and then sit and collect to do that.

Goodluck,

Gav.

• 1 month later...

O.k Lads,

Iam very happy after being to 2 diffrent toyota dealers ships for the rust spot and other things toyota wiped there hand clean and said they didn't want to do anything with it.

Which was very dissapointing and I ended up taking the car to another dealer ship he didn't look to kean or intrested i then spoke tp the service manager who makes the final decesion and guess what?

He had a look at the car and agreed that this should of not happened and it was a factory defect and that he was going to repair in under warranty

I then started to mention that if could check the gearbox on the diagnotics and print a graph to see if was flaring between certian gear he had no issue for them to run a test when it gets repaired for rust. I also told that i noticed leaf noise on Aurion air con he also he would look at it for me.

After that he start talking to me how nice my aurion looked with 20's and that the gold rim set it off and the extra work i have done to it etc he then pointed to his TRD Hilux black it looked awesone done up with nice wheels on it too . this guy must of been 60 years old.

cut story down short it's luck i supouse on who you get and when and where others are more helpful and willing than others.

I suppouse he was a car enthusiast.

Azza

Edited by Azza73

Geez, rust on such a new car.....my 11-year old AE102 has not one speck of rust in it bar stone-chips and one place on the trailing edge of the bonnet where it got dinged at one stage, and in those spots it's surface only, nothing 10 seconds with a Dremel couldn't fix. And the car has lived on the coast most of it's life.

Standards must be slipping...