TRD High Response Muffler Ver. S

Added the TRD High Response Muffler to my Levin SX this week and the first thing I noticed was the sound it's good but subdued. The response in terms of acceleration of the mark was good and it is especially good in the 5-6k range. There is a little bit of drone at under 2.5k, but it's not too bad and I am not down that low very often or for very long. The big surprise was the improved fuel economy approximately 10% saving when driven sedately given the distances that I do the muffler should pay for itself in under a year (but then again I didn't pay the current retail.

Visually it has a nice tip but apart from that the unit itself does not look that different to the standard muffler accept of course the kW adding TRD badge.

post-3374-1233836309_thumb.jpg

Apologies for the poor picture quality will get some better ones over the weekend

Edited by jps137

Added the TRD High Response Muffler to my Levin SX this week and the first thing I noticed was the sound it's good but subdued. The response in terms of acceleration of the mark was good and it is especially good in the 5-6k range. There is a little bit of drone at under 2.5k, but it's not too bad and I am not down that low very often or for very long. The big surprise was the improved fuel economy approximately 10% saving when driven sedately given the distances that I do the muffler should pay for itself in under a year (but then again I didn't pay the current retail.

Visually it has a nice tip but apart from that the unit itself does not look that different to the standard muffler accept of course the kW adding TRD badge.

Apologies for the poor picture quality will get some better ones over the weekend

good stuff, Are you in Mel, wheare you get it from and how much ? I am insteresting in it.

im also interested in that how big the exhaust tip lol looks like u wen up close to the tip :P but yeah how much and any more pics of it on diff angles? thanks

That's utter tosh, I hate to tell you. Swapping JUST a muffler WILL NOT result in fuel savings, full stop.

That's utter tosh, I hate to tell you. Swapping JUST a muffler WILL NOT result in fuel savings, full stop.

thats true just a muffler will not save fuel only the sound will vary.

• 1 month later...

Is the muffler on the right hand side of the vehicle cause I notice some corolla hatch in Japan muffler tip on the left hand side.

Mate you're referring to the e12 rollas (runx). This muffler is for the zre corolla, the newer one.