new stivo smell!

hi guys, got my new 05 stivo last Fri and it looks sensational, in and outside...the only thing that bug me is the interior' smell! the leather, the new material have a strong smell and i know u guys all had gone thru it so any tip? :) i heard that putting couple of tea bag underneath the seat will help since they would absurb the smell, anyone try this one b4? thanks in advance!

hi guys, got my new 05 stivo last Fri and it looks sensational, in and outside...the only thing that bug me is  the interior' smell! the leather, the new material have a strong smell and i know u guys all had gone thru it so any tip? :) i heard that putting couple of tea bag underneath the seat will help since they would absurb the smell, anyone try this one b4? thanks in advance!

Tea Bags will stain dude.

Get one of those fresher car thingis, they will do the job, or fart.

One of the best odour eaters going around is Bicarb Soda (Baking Powder). Get a small box, open it up, place in console or drink holder space and leave overnight. Do not drive around with it as it will get white powder everywhere and that'll attract the cops faster then a <insert defectable offence>... :P

hi guys, got my new 05 stivo last Fri and it looks sensational, in and outside...the only thing that bug me is  the interior' smell! the leather, the new material have a strong smell and i know u guys all had gone thru it so any tip? :) i heard that putting couple of tea bag underneath the seat will help since they would absurb the smell, anyone try this one b4? thanks in advance!

A dead fish under the seat for a few days or chicken bones will get rid of that new car smell for sure!!! Just be sure to leave it outside in the sun with the windows up ;)

:blink: Can't believe your complaining about the smell of a new car... gees.

For those less fortunate, not able to afford a new car... I am sure smell would be the last thing on their minds.

Just focus on the driving mate... :lol:

A dead fish under the seat for a few days or chicken bones will get rid of that new car smell for sure!!! Just be sure to leave it outside in the sun with the windows up ;)

Damp mouldy bread also works a treat if you want to work that way!!! ;)

Another good one is to drive your drunken mates to a night club after a good warm up session (of course you will be sober for this!!!) and allow them to spill beer, Scotch, Bourbon, Rum... all over the interior... the over drunk vomiting mate if of course optional... :P

And one more for the road... If you have a green thumb a bag of Dynamic Lifter in the boot is a sure fire new car smell killer!!!!

Edited by Blue_Stivo

I've still got my new car smell after 12 months. I try to protect it.

But if you really hate it, maybe get a friendly neighbourhood tomcat to urinate at the base of your front windscreen. That smell coming through the air vents will overcome any new car smell you had...

New car smell is GREAT !!! ...

the only reason ppl buy new cars is because of the smell ... mmmmm

People actually pay for air freshners that smell like new car ! ... ( not that it does ) but when someone actually manages to invent a new car smell that actuallys smells like a new car .. they will be plenty rich !

Dude .. if it really bugs you .... its called a window .. wind it down . ! ...

Im sure that some of the older stivo owners are willing to help you out .. swap cars and you wont have that smell any more ?

Edited by eggbert_99

Im sure that some of the older stivo owners are willing to help you out .. swap cars and you wont have that smell any more ?

Ask any of the brisbane guys......get me to come over and install a CAI for you and that new car smell will be gone in one night....i guarentee ;)

BTW - I love dylans idea.....and he sounds like he is speaking from experiance here whether it be his or someone else his describtion of the events are very precise and clear :D

Ask any of the brisbane guys......get me to come over and install a CAI for you and that new car smell will be gone in one night....i guarentee ;)

BTW - I love dylans idea.....and he sounds like he is speaking from experiance here whether it be his or someone else his describtion of the events are very precise and clear :D

Why, cause of your bucket-ar5e :)