Remote open/close sunroof

CroToy

It can be set slide on/off or flip up/down by remote key.

Done it on mine and it works fine.

You will need to take it to Dealer and hope they will do it as is not offered as an option.

Edited by CroToy

Oh ic.,...

I really need that button coz sometimes I could not make it in time to push the button on the handle.

It does not replace your door lock/unlock.Lock/unlock stays the same, for sunroof is press and hold.

Basically,with unlock button pressed and held you doors unlock and roof opens.Then if you want you can short press lock you doors.

Same for oposite.

Oh ic.,...

I really need that button coz sometimes I could not make it in time to push the button on the handle.

It does not replace your door lock/unlock.Lock/unlock stays the same, for sunroof is press and hold.

Basically,with unlock button pressed and held you doors unlock and roof opens.Then if you want you can short press lock you doors.

Same for oposite.

Hi,

That'd be quite useful on a hot day to let the heat out on the way back to the car, but if you have the shade closed, I guess its not going to help. Any idea if they can have the cars windows go down. IE In my Vectra and a previous VW, If I exit the car, and forget to close all wondows, then I would just press and hold the door-lock button, until all windows wound up, similarly with approaching the car, press the unlock button and hold it down, and all windows would wind down. I use this a lot in summer to cool the car off a bit.

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere on the forums, I'm fairly new, and am still trolling my way through the sage advice offered.

Thanks

Oh ic.,...

Same for oposite.

Hi,

That'd be quite useful on a hot day to let the heat out on the way back to the car, but if you have the shade closed, I guess its not going to help. Any idea if they can have the cars windows go down. IE In my Vectra and a previous VW, If I exit the car, and forget to close all wondows, then I would just press and hold the door-lock button, until all windows wound up, similarly with approaching the car, press the unlock button and hold it down, and all windows would wind down. I use this a lot in summer to cool the car off a bit.

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere on the forums, I'm fairly new, and am still trolling my way through the sage advice offered.

Thanks

Id go for the windows to shut with the remote that's a real benefit... :rolleyes:

Sunroof will slide open and take the shade slider with it, when it closes it doesn't close the liner though.

Next service I will ask about having it done, any idea if there is a fee for this? I'd also go for the windows to shut if that was available.

Edited by Cookie

In a POLO I used to have until I got Yaris (a much better car although amazingly it lost the first gear after just 4K km), the tilt function worked well because the roof cover had vents. Why Toyota considers them not necessary is a puzzle <_<

It would be a nice added feature on the grande if you could hit one button to unlock the doors, open all the windows and start the car, plus the same in reverse (ie close and lock everything up plus turn off the engine). Shouldn't be too hard to achieve with keyless ignition.

It would be a nice added feature on the grande if you could hit one button to unlock the doors, open all the windows and start the car, plus the same in reverse (ie close and lock everything up plus turn off the engine). Shouldn't be too hard to achieve with keyless ignition.

Remote start is not legal in Australia.

You can get module for that from States.

• 4 months later...

Hello Guys, picking up my 4x2 grande this week, asked about the sunroof open / close via remote control lock / unlock button holding and they said they didnt know anything about it. any instructions on where to find a how to program for them?

Thanks