Bridgestone or Pirelli

2005Corolla

I had organised to get a set of bridgestone adrenalin at $198 each. (215x45xR17) but i have now been told they can't get stock, but he can offer me a pirelli dragon for the same price if i want to go ahead... just wondering if the pirelli is just as good or better?

i always thought that Pirelli are better than Bridgstone, but never had Pirelli i cannot say for certain.

I've always had adrenaline though and they are good. Was gonna get Pirelli for my previous car but adrenaline came out to be cheaper.

Top end Pirellis are generally considered pretty good. They're also pretty expensive. But you can get crappy ones, same as how Mercedes make an S-class and the A-class at the same time.

RE001 Adrenalins are, for the money, some of the best tyres you can buy. They won Motor's (I think) latest tyre test, against some pretty stiff competition.

And if you can't get stock from that place, try elsewhere. They're a very popular tyre at the moment, so a lot of places should stock them or be able to get them in for you. At least try Bridgestone themselves (plenty of BTCs around), if anyone can get them in it's the manufacturer.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

i remember when i was trying to get adrenalines for my wrx last year, it was quite a task. pretty much everywhere that ive called they did not have.

so i ended up having to w8 for a set to come in. but i reckon for the amount of money you pay for it, its the best for value.

I have a set of RE001s and they are absolutely phenomenal. They totally transform the performance of the car. Bang for buck wise they are the best value. It not only gives you tons of grip, but also even at limit of grip the car still maintains predictability and you don't swerve around the road. It's also a lot more quiet than the Dunlop tyres on the highway.

To get similar performance from Pirellis you would have to go pretty high-end.

Edited by Supercharged TRD

Yeh everyone else wants like 230-250 for the adrenalin's that's why i went for this place, but we waited a bit before ordering and yeh now he can't get them, no one will give them to him for that price so he suggested the pirelli's at $219 but then dropped them down to $198 to match the adrenalin price. I've heard pirelli is good but i was set on the adrenalin's and now im not sure what to pick.

Wait for the Bridgestones,Bob Jane puts those Pirellis on sport wheel and tyre packages,and with those packages you normally get a cheaper tyre.. Still better than some of those other popular wheel places though..

By looking at the tread pattern alone, the Pirelli Dragon looks to be more of an all-season tire. Will provide good all-round traction and economy. The Adrenalin's on the other hand have a more aggressive pattern. If you were to do some spirited driving, I would put more faith into the Adrenalin.

Wellll bridgestone can do the tyres for $215 each and then i get a bunnings voucher of $50, so that just about brings it to the same price as what they were going to be before.

Thanks for all your input! :)

As a brand i would never EVER buy Pirelli again. Had 2 sets of p6000's and both were sh*t not even round BOTH sets!!

I have Bridgestones now, had nothing but Bridgestones actually never had a problem until the bloody Pirelli's. Only ever buy Bridgestone i say you cant go wrong with them.

I havent read any of the other post

BUT DO NOT BUY PIRELLI DRAGONS OVER RE001s (Adrenlins)

Dragons are the ****test Pirellis money can buy where as the RE001s are probably the best you can get for that sort of dosh.

I have had both of those tyres on the Cappuccino....the car gripped 100 times better with the RE001s than the dragons and it also complemented my coilovers unlike the dragons!

RE001s > than Dragons DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR BS!!!

Edited by Cappuccino