20 inch wheels

AUR30N

I was going to say such a thing but then kind of understood where he was getting at.

I think Azza didn't understand whether moving to 20 inches will require a different offset. As we know, your rims usually get wider when you get a larger diameter, and maybe this means that you need to decrease offset to move the rims out further. If he's not aware, the TRD rims are 8 inches in width and keep the +35mm offset. If he gets a set of 8.5 inch width 20 inch rims, the +35mm offset will be fine as well. Changing the offset though can sometimes affect handling, etc. I would highly suggest doing some research on that Azza.

At the same time though, if I was to ask the question I would have mentioned that I was aware the stock rims are +35mm offset and that I was wondering if the offset needs to be different than stock. The wording on the question does make it seem like yet another answered question I must say though. It all comes down to how it's asked.

so 8.5 will be too big then? 245/35/20

8.5 inches in width being too big? You have even posted replies in threads by ELEGNT (Rowan) and SecaBoy (Ashley). Both of them mentioned in their first post that their rims are 20 inches diameter by 8.5 inches width. They never said anything about being too wide. If the width was an issue, I'm sure they would have mentioned that as having rims too wide would be a constant issue. BONDIE has even mentioned that his rims have a 8.5 inch width.

and will the 20's throw my speedo off probabbly been answered tooo before?

Depends on the tire you get. I would highly suggest looking at this site:

http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

yeah sorry meant the width in inchs not offset.

so 8.5 will be too big then? 245/35/20

and will the 20's throw my speedo off probabbly been answered tooo before?

Cheers

Azza

8.5 is fine but 245/30 is the tire u have to get...35 profile will scrub like sh|t...thats iff ur ever thinking of lowereing it...mine scrubs somtimes at the back with just me in it....let alone a full car

30 profile are 14mm smaller in overall diameter...it only chucks it off by like 3.5 km or somthin at 100km/h

30 series by nankang are the only 20 inch tire that are load rated for our cars aswell

8.5 is fine but 245/30 is the tire u have to get...35 profile will scrub like sh|t...thats iff ur ever thinking of lowereing it...mine scrubs somtimes at the back with just me in it....let alone a full car

30 profile are 14mm smaller in overall diameter...it only chucks it off by like 3.5 km or somthin at 100km/h

30 series by nankang are the only 20 inch tire that are load rated for our cars aswell

i m in 245/35/20 NO RUB.. full 5 people, with baggage on boot.. NOTHING~

yes, it is lowered, common sense.. :rolleyes:

i m in 245/35/20 NO RUB.. full 5 people, with baggage on boot.. NOTHING~

yes, it is lowered, common sense.. :rolleyes:

maybe cos pedders sit alot higher at the back then kings thats y...with 4 people in the car with mine i scrape on a dead flat road going straight.....dont u think the tire looks a bit to big for the rim with 35's tho?

313 you still unhappy with your nankangs?

whitetstivo

no i think there good but they are loud, at 100 fairly load, around corners dont loose traction but are loud, braking is great and so is traction on acceleration, but for 30 profile they are reasonably soft so the ride isnt that harsh. Also alot of people said they last ages so time will tell.

BUT...they are the only tires in 30 profile that complies with that load rating on the aurion, otherwise i would have gone another brand

it's weird, mayb nankang and kumho both are cheap tyres that's why they have a little road noise.. well, i posted my pics longggg ago.. but they will be for sale, to fund something from japan..

anyone interested with 20" rim, pedders springs, 95% new? :lol:

235/35/20 is working fine for me.

I have tried 6 adults in my car but still no rubbing so far.

BTW, I am running on coilovers tho. :P

I heard 9inche width would fit in aurion.

whitetstivo

no i think there good but they are loud, at 100 fairly load, around corners dont loose traction but are loud, braking is great and so is traction on acceleration, but for 30 profile they are reasonably soft so the ride isnt that harsh. Also alot of people said they last ages so time will tell.

BUT...they are the only tires in 30 profile that complies with that load rating on the aurion, otherwise i would have gone another brand

They are loud cause there a performance tyre and is road directional you will find most of them are loud.

whitetstivo

They are loud cause there a performance tyre and is road directional you will find most of them are loud.

i run yokahama advance sport 103 245/35/20 on 20'' x 8.5 fox rims lowered 40mm allround the only scrub is big dips in the road they tend to bottom out sometimes no inside rub a good 2'' clearence but that maybe my style of wheel and no rub on full lock.there aint many good tyres but if ya got da bucks $550.00 to $750.00 each will give you a great ride on almost oem noise and ***** loads of grip.some brands i researched were michelin pilot sport the yokys and bridgestone re050 and also there run flats($1000.00ea lol)i settled on the yokahamas ($600.00ea)anyway i hope this might help.

whitetstivo

I don't think I would call Nankang a performance brand tire. They also aren't noisy due to its directional properties. What makes it noisy is that it is a hard compound tire. This would equate to being less grippy but longer wearing, in which I can say the Nankangs definitely do last.

A performance tire will most likely have a softer compound and typically (but not always) as a result, have less road noise.

I'd say 9.5 width is the Max...

Coz mine's runnin on that one.

That's pretty good. I thought you would run into issues when your front wheels are turned to full lock. That should give you some serious grip then.

whitetstivo

I don't think I would call Nankang a performance brand tire. They also aren't noisy due to its directional properties. What makes it noisy is that it is a hard compound tire. This would equate to being less grippy but longer wearing, in which I can say the Nankangs definitely do last.

A performance tire will most likely have a softer compound and typically (but not always) as a result, have less road noise.

Tyres have road noise cause of directional and the pattern of the tyre the more agressive the tread is the more road noise you will get but at same time too more grip

Azza

And yea...By 9.5, I mean the rear...The front still stays at 8.5 Haha

And so far no issues.. Still good

have u got any photos?

The last time i took photos was before it was lowered.. I'll take another set from close enough.

For the time being, here is from a cruise meet with my mates. Not d best yet better than nothin

aur.th.jpg

And yea...By 9.5, I mean the rear...The front still stays at 8.5 Haha

And so far no issues.. Still good

have u got any photos?

The last time i took photos was before it was lowered.. I'll take another set from close enough.

For the time being, here is from a cruise meet with my mates. Not d best yet better than nothin

aur.th.jpg

they look sweet mate

looks SO slick in black