my Corolla is shaking

HI Guys

got my friend checked today, didnt find anything faulty, like engine monut . he said every is alright , -_- WTF......

but I still feel slight shaking since oil and filter changed. maybe I am too sensitive or 5w-30 oil is too thin for corolla?

BTW , Is any problem with warranty if my car only had oil filter changed to Repco instead of toyota's

thanks

Get someone to buy a genuine oil filter, change just the filter, leave the oil if you like, and take it under warranty ;) i know it doesnt sound right, but your intitled to get your car fixed even tho its just a harmless oil filter, as soon as my used car warranty expired, im going for a oil change every 5,000km.

sorry i work at a dealership, and we see customers do slight tweeks with air filters and engine covers and what not and are refused warranty for that problem..

best is to change your 5w-30 oil & filters to castrol magnatec 10w-40 or any mobil 15w-40 & toyota geniune filter first

if the problem still there, then go to toyota dealers..

dont use castrol magnatec in a toyota vvti engine

if you look in the back of your owners manual it tells you the oil viscosity to use 5w30 or 10w30 are the best i believe and if your worried about warranty you can purchase both oil and filter from toyota keep your recipts get your log book filled out and toyota cant refuse you warranty

im a strong believer in genuine parts any way there dearer yes but there what is used when all those stringent tests are carried out

only thing that pisses me off bout toyota oil filters is first filter change the filters are a 90915-10003 and the new filters fitted are 90915 1ZZE1 or something like that any way when i had the chance i baught a box of 10003 filters for my corolla

you maybe wondering whats the difference but there is a difference

1st thing 1 is made in japan the other thailand

2nd 1 has red o-ring the other black

3rd 1 has a reses were it seals against the engine the other is flat

there just the visible differences

i am driving a camry 2.4L vvt i engine. I always use castrol magnatec 10w-40. its pretty good oil protects engine as well. last time, I serviced my car from toyota dealer, they also used mobil Super 10w-40 motor oil.

"5w-30, 10w-30, or 10w -40 are all just oil viscosity that for "temperature range anticipated before next oil change"

you could even use 20w-50 cheapest motor oil for your vvt-i engine without a problem.

car engines are not that sensentive. as long as you have correct level of engine oil, you can will run good. regardless of what oil you actually use

by the way, Owners manual is written by toyota, of course toyota wants you to buy all parts from dealers.

anyway, I never believe about genuine parts except the toyota super long life coolant, which i couldn't get from anywhere else.

fix it or get it looked at yet??

keeping the oil but got oil filter changed back to Toyota one, I feel a little bit better however engine noise is still louder than before.

Thanks

keeping the oil but got oil filter changed back to Toyota one, I feel a little bit better however engine noise is still louder than before.

Thanks

AK....you are wasting of your money by just change to toyota genuine oil filter. you won't see any improvement by just change the oil filter. its got nothign to do with the oil filters.

a bottle of 5L castrol magnatec 10w-40 won't cost you more than 30$.

I don't see any points that you dont' change the oil..

Thanks

Butt-dyno most often doesn't translate into anything actually changed with the engine. You're only hearing and feeling things because your brain is expecting a change - good old placebo effect.