Fuel inject clean by dealer

Taka

I have not checked the Aurion owners yet but when I had my 30000km service yesterday the service man told me I should have my injector clean for $170. I politely told him that I don't want it done because I may sell my car any minute (which is half true). But they printed in the report saying that EFI is due to be serviced at 40000km :unsure:

What is your thoughts on that?

I have not checked the Aurion owners yet but when I had my 30000km service yesterday the service man told me I should have my injector clean for $170. I politely told him that I don't want it done because I may sell my car any minute (which is half true). But they printed in the report saying that EFI is due to be serviced at 40000km :unsure:

Being an service advisor (once) Check with the Aurion owners but ur books shouldnt have fuel injector service at all as this is an option,an EFI service is an upsell & @ 30 000 I doubt your injectors would need a service,unless u live in the bush & pumping your fuel outta drums..FYI an injector service is just simply a bottle of cleaner & minor adjustments..its up to you..unless ur idling rough as guts..u dont need it..but confirm this with the rest

This has been discussd previously in another thread. Recommendation was to buy the injector cleaner, do the treatment yourself and then use it regularly when you top up. I bought a bottle for approx $16, which yields 11 full tanks and have been using it since new.

Good. I can't search in this forum like others.... I don't think google search type is good for that. We need comprehensive search tools. I need search fuel injector service though hehe.

Glad to hear people think it is waste of money too.

Good. I can't search in this forum like others.... I don't think google search type is good for that. We need comprehensive search tools. I need search fuel injector service though hehe.

Glad to hear people think it is waste of money too.

My Camry Touring is just under 10 y.o. and has done 262 K happy km, running on a synthetic oil exclusively. After the first, it never had a scheduled service at a Toyota shop and only visited few times for minor warranty issues and a clutch and a timing belt (with water pump just in case) change at 150K (with problems!). Soon after I did all 4 shocks (KYBs).

At 220!!! K km I did front pads and the rears are still original (all discs were perfect!) Apart from spark plugs, the hydraulic clutch cylinder and an indicator stalk, it has all original components, including belts. Air con was never serviced!!!

Only now it has been showing some hesitation at low load (minimal throttle - now clean!) in 5th suggesting injectors are not giving an optimal spray.

I just put in 98 petrol with an injector cleaner and it looks like the issue is gone.

No it is still a problem but reduced in severity, so may need to do a full clean (over $200 if I remember -_- )

Last year I did full injector clean in Magna V6 after 190 K km and apparently they were OK - after occasional use of an injector cleaner.

Edited by kwach10

On the main window of each forum at the bottom left below the topics there is a search box. I didn't use it on this occaison as I remembered the topic being discussed back in Feb.