R Style Racing now has eyelids!

apg39

count me in for a sydney one if im not to late please. (only just logged in for awhile)

Hey, i will add you to the list in the group buy thread, but i will not be able to take on any more people.

Thanks

evo

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

count me in for a sydney one if im not to late please. (only just logged in for awhile)

Hey, i will add you to the list in the group buy thread, but i will not be able to take on any more people.

Thanks

evo

Thanks EVO

Count me in as well :P

I think you may have just missed out. apg39 did as well though, and I'm sure there may be others out there wanting some. So if this turns out well, a second group buy may be in order.

No more will be added, Final numbers are set.

My Eyelids have arrived 5 working days after I placed the order and paid via PayPal.

The service from this company has been fantastic and I will definitely have no hesitation dealing with them again.

So, they arrived as a grubby sort of native ABS plastic white. They fit perfectly, so all I have to do is paint them.

Here's where I want some advice.

My car as you can see is Gold. I think black against the gold looks really cool and I first intended to have the eyelids black

and I still think that's what I'll do, after all I can always go back and have them re-sprayed gold can't I?

I am only concerned it might look a bit like a girl with too much black eye lid make-up; no disrespect intended to any Aurion Girls :whistling:

What do you guys think?

and, would you say the black is satin or matte - I think satin...

Would a VHT type spray paint look right or should I get them sprayed professionally to an exact match to the black on the car already?

Whew! decisions decisions :blink:

Edited by PaulMT

My Eyelids have arrived 5 working days after I placed the order and paid via PayPal.

The service from this company has been fantastic and I will definitely have no hesitation dealing with them again.

So, they arrived as a grubby sort of native ABS plastic white. They fit perfectly, so all I have to do is paint them.

Here's where I want some advice.

My car as you can see is Gold. I think black against the gold looks really cool and I first intended to have the eyelids black

and I still think that's what I'll do, after all I can always go back and have them re-sprayed gold can't I?

I am only concerned it might look a bit like a girl with too much black eye lid make-up; no disrespect intended to any Aurion Girls :whistling:

What do you guys think?

and, would you say the black is satin or matte - I think satin...

Would a VHT type spray paint look right or should I get them sprayed professionally to an exact match to the black on the car already?

Whew! decisions decisions :blink:

Yeah I have dealt with them over 5 times and 5 day seems to be standard delivery time but don't expect the tracking number to be traced every time i have tried to trace it its come up with no tracking number in system. so don't panic its still on its way I guess there data entry people might be bit slow entering data into there hi tech postal system. heheheh

yeah not sure about matt black will look bit odd personally colour coded to gold will look awesome that my opoin any way everyones taste is diffrent.

Cheers

Azza

paul go gold definetly! the novilty of black will wear off before the end of that day

it will look out of place on a gold car, if u had black painted inserts in your lights, sure go black. or a black bonnet :ph34r: (come on do it be the 1st one) then i would but otherwise no...go gold less rice more nice

Thanks for the comments. I know any question regarding looks or colour or style is one that has as many answers as there are people. We all have our own ideas.

I have dropped the eyelids off at my local panel shop and they mixed up a pot of black to match the Aurion and will spray them for me to pick up hopefully tomorrow.

I agree with all of you about the black but a little voice in the back of my head is still saying "go black" so I have. After all I can still go back and get them painted gold.

As soon as i get them I will take some photo's.

@ Freddo, not sure where the CF colour came from. I always new from my first contact with R Style that they were "unpainted" By this I thought they would be black plastic but in fact what arrived is white.

All good because I would always have painted them.

BTW the black isn't just black it was a mix of black, white and a touch of yellow - go figure??

To have them both sprayed is going to be $30 + GST total - good price I think. I am sure gold would be a lot more as they would have to get in the smallest tin of Toyota gold paint and my guess that would be 2litre or at best 1litre maybe..

To have them both sprayed is going to be $30 + GST total - good price I think. I am sure gold would be a lot more as they would have to get in the smallest tin of Toyota gold paint and my guess that would be 2litre or at best 1litre maybe..

you could probably buy a few cans of "touch up paint"...

i would say the come in the carbon fibre "color"

So i don't need to colour code it since carbon colour looks pretty good with black. :P :P

well in the first picture it looks pretty carbon fibre like.

oh well no drama.

i wont be going to the ACCC dont worry haha

Edited by Freddo

Here's what they look like sprayed black to match the trim.

They aren't stuck down yet cos' I want to give the car a good wash first - needs it!

Anyway, I think the black looks good so I will be sticking these on.

post-7087-1238188936_thumb.jpg

post-7087-1238188949_thumb.jpg

I agree with Jaems,

it would look so much hotter if it was colour coded to match, but your entitled to your own opinion, after all it is your car :P

14 sets on order, awaiting confirmed payments :P

Evo

hmmm woulda looked better if it was a one piece

are they 2 piece? :blink:

I think because of the way it's shaped and due to the shadow on it, it appears as a two piece. Looking at the bottom part of where the dip in it is, it seems like it is a one piece. Maybe it's because of the colour it was painted.

I think because of the way it's shaped and due to the shadow on it, it appears as a two piece. Looking at the bottom part of where the dip in it is, it seems like it is a one piece. Maybe it's because of the colour it was painted.

They are one piece but if you look at your lights there is a sharp ridge in the transformation from the front to the side that's what you can see with a bit of reflective light on it.

I have been out and about today and had lots of comments - all positive. I'm very happy with the black. It doesn't show in the picture so much but the whole effect of the eyelid is very subtle.

Like everything on our cars WE see all the detail but most people could see something different to the norm but couldn't figure out what straight away.

Personally, at the moment, I think colour coded would look good but would basically disappear and not really do anything. I like the contrast and the fact it adds more black - which for me is good!

I am changing my rims to these next week (19x8 rims 245x40 tyres) - see photo below and I think it's all starting to come together...

post-7087-1238219378_thumb.jpg

Edited by PaulMT

Here's what they look like sprayed black to match the trim.

They aren't stuck down yet cos' I want to give the car a good wash first - needs it!

Anyway, I think the black looks good so I will be sticking these on.

post-7087-1238188936_thumb.jpg

post-7087-1238188949_thumb.jpg

i think it looks a lot tougher and i like the way i goes with other black front pieces (front on view looks awsome) nice job.

okay, so i now retract my previous comment and say "black looks hot on it, dont colour code it!"... hahaha

Thanks

Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts which makes for much more interesting cars - even though we tend to follow along with each new development or idea as it comes along (me included)

@ 1stKill thanks I think "tough" also :D

They are one piece but if you look at your lights there is a sharp ridge in the transformation from the front to the side that's what you can see with a bit of reflective light on it.

I have been out and about today and had lots of comments - all positive. I'm very happy with the black. It doesn't show in the picture so much but the whole effect of the eyelid is very subtle.

Like everything on our cars WE see all the detail but most people could see something different to the norm but couldn't figure out what straight away.

Personally, at the moment, I think colour coded would look good but would basically disappear and not really do anything. I like the contrast and the fact it adds more black - which for me is good!

I am changing my rims to these next week (19x8 rims 245x40 tyres) - see photo below and I think it's all starting to come together...

post-7087-1238219378_thumb.jpg

Go 20's in rim size