Kaze's EP3R~

KaZe-

bang on gav, that's exactly what I was on about.

If the 2zz had been a 2L, I think the addtional displacement would place us bang on with the k20, but like you said, the k20 has more aggressive lower cam.

very informative

whitestivo

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but it doesn't take much to get your 2ZZ sleaved out to 2L, and then add Stage 2 Piper cams and a PFC. Then you have a Sportivo with some 165-170kW at the crank (would need intake and exhaust done too). Well it takes a fair wad of money I guess. :P But after that you'd have Hondastruction on your bonnet. ;)

Mind you, the EP3 would still be a challange, as they are a lighter car. But DC5R/S would be pooping it's pants, cause they are quite weighty. And even when my Sportivo was completely bone stock, it held against a DC5S in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (I started pulling away). Then came the excuses afterwards (he had an SRI too...). :lol:

Gav.

Yeah, but it doesn't take much to get your 2ZZ sleaved out to 2L, and then add Stage 2 Piper cams and a PFC. Then you have a Sportivo with some 165-170kW at the crank (would need intake and exhaust done too). Well it takes a fair wad of money I guess. :P But after that you'd have Hondastruction on your bonnet. ;)

Mind you, the EP3 would still be a challange, as they are a lighter car. But DC5R/S would be pooping it's pants, cause they are quite weighty. And even when my Sportivo was completely bone stock, it held against a DC5S in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (I started pulling away). Then came the excuses afterwards (he had an SRI too...). :lol:

Gav.

wow you kept up and pulled away from a dc5S sorry but i find that really hard to believe =/ either way gw on that

i was reading the EK9 weight 1120kg or something...

do you know the weight of the b16, b18, k20a to compare?

whitestivo

my ep3 weight is 1190 i think

Edited by KaZe-

wow you kept up and pulled away from a dc5S sorry but i find that really hard to believe =/ either way gw on that

Aha, I was quite surprised myself, and I'm not the smallest of blokes either! It could be that I had a better launch (he reckons he fluffed 1st too)? But still, I would have thought the DC5S would monster me in general, kind of surprised I started to edge away in 3rd, particularly since he had an SRI.

Gav.

Aha, I was quite surprised myself, and I'm not the smallest of blokes either! It could be that I had a better launch (he reckons he fluffed 1st too)? But still, I would have thought the DC5S would monster me in general, kind of surprised I started to edge away in 3rd, particularly since he had an SRI.

Gav.

lols yeah in the end its about the driver and launch! also maybes his **** lols =P

if i see a dc5, it's on if it's a dc2 type r, i'll back away,

dc5 were rubbish, like gav said, not even a real typr r

whitestivo

what the hell?

dc5r/s will pwn a dc2r with same mods all depends on take off 2L vs a 1.8L

how about a EP3? lols

DCR5S is a really nice car, and they feel faster than what they really are. Conversely the Sportivo is faster than it feels. :P

I'd prolly buy a 7th gen Sillycar over a DC5R/S anyhow... $10k cheaper and you have a quicker car. :)

Gav.

DCR5S is a really nice car, and they feel faster than what they really are. Conversely the Sportivo is faster than it feels. :P

I'd prolly buy a 7th gen Sillycar over a DC5R/S anyhow... $10k cheaper and you have a quicker car. :)

Gav.

yeah the sillycar is awsome my mate used to have one its awsome! but i'd still go a honda over toyota anyday! even though its more expensive its a honda!! ;) ;) not bias at all lols i was originally going to get a dc2r before my sportivo but couldent so had to get a sportivo

I'd back an australian dc2 against a dc5 every day of the week

and if you take them to the track, bye bye dc5, even my sportivo is quicker. Just check out a race meet, all the old dc2's that still race and put down terrific times.

dc5 was a type s or some nonsense, rubbish

ep3 is the dc5 we should have got.

whitestivo

EP3R is a Civic, and the DC5S is an Integra, can't really compare them. We did get a Type R Intregra (DC5R), and it had more of a sporty character to it over the DC5S by virtue of proper racing seats and LSD, but had less power (147kW vs 154kW). Apparently the DC5R was not as comfortable as a daily driven car too.

The best ever Type R we don't get (excluding the NSX Type R). That's the current Civic Type R sedan. :(

Gav.

Gav.

yeah the sillycar is awsome my mate used to have one its awsome! but i'd still go a honda over toyota anyday! even though its more expensive its a honda!! ;) ;) not bias at all lols i was originally going to get a dc2r before my sportivo but couldent so had to get a sportivo

I wanted to get a type r too but due to my parents I had to get a four door car. The Corolla was the closest to a type r but with 4 door. Not to mention that in New Zealand, Type Rs get stolen so often.

So I'm guessing many of us got a corolla because it was the closest to a type r?

two years ago, there was a 2zz celica parked in a yard near me, so I excitedly hurried the future mrs whitestivo down there, told her all about the car, how it was like the sportivo we were looking at but lighter, better suspension, how it looked sporty

and she though it looked ugly, and did not like the instrument cluster, and said she preferred the leather

and that's why i got the sportivo

not to mention bluelica just sounds ridiculous!

whitestivo

I'd back an australian dc2 against a dc5 every day of the week

and if you take them to the track, bye bye dc5, even my sportivo is quicker. Just check out a race meet, all the old dc2's that still race and put down terrific times.

dc5 was a type s or some nonsense, rubbish

ep3 is the dc5 we should have got.

whitestivo

well dc5r's are quicker then the dc2r's if you do it right... and i doubt your sportivo is quicker then a dc5r...

EP3R is a Civic, and the DC5S is an Integra, can't really compare them. We did get a Type R Intregra (DC5R), and it had more of a sporty character to it over the DC5S by virtue of proper racing seats and LSD, but had less power (147kW vs 154kW). Apparently the DC5R was not as comfortable as a daily driven car too.

The best ever Type R we don't get (excluding the NSX Type R). That's the current Civic Type R sedan. :(

Gav.

well you can compare the teg and civic but yeah still a bit different

your right on that comment fd2r!! is the best i say also

very nice car man. how much power do those things have? get it on the dyno hehe!

a couple pages back man theres my dyno figures 123.9kw atw stock comes out 158kw at the fly

Edited by KaZe-

• 1 month later...

haha..kaze..go do a video of ur car ey :P i want to hear it!! :P

lmao man finnaly got a new phone but aint the best phone anyway i was just looking at this thread and remembered that somone wanted a video and it was jeremy xD here you go mate!

:D