Front Wiper Refill

Gone Fishing

My sister purchased a 1985 DX Tarago at Christmas time and now her front wiper bottle is empty. We have searched high and low and cannot locate the bottle to refill it. Logic with vans is that it is in either of 4 places .... front side panel on passenger side, front side panel on driver's side, under front dash or there is an access point on the front floor of the vehicle under the carpet ..... all searches in these and many more areas have been fruitless and we cannot locate this bottle. We have found the rear easily enough but would appreciate some assistance in locating the elusive front bottle. Unfortunately the vehicle no longer has its books or we would look it up in there. Any assistance rendered would be gratefully received. :)

Logic has it that it would be positioned somewhere near the left (passenger side) front headlight with access from under the dash, but sometimes Toyota aren't very logical... check under the seat in the engine bay too, look for a white plastic bottle...

My sister purchased a 1985 DX Tarago at Christmas time and now her front wiper bottle is empty. We have searched high and low and cannot locate the bottle to refill it. Logic with vans is that it is in either of 4 places .... front side panel on passenger side, front side panel on driver's side, under front dash or there is an access point on the front floor of the vehicle under the carpet ..... all searches in these and many more areas have been fruitless and we cannot locate this bottle. We have found the rear easily enough but would appreciate some assistance in locating the elusive front bottle.  Unfortunately the vehicle no longer has its books or we would look it up in there. Any assistance rendered would be gratefully received.  :)

Doesn't your car's user manual contains any guide on this??? :ph34r::blink::ph34r:

Unfortunately the vehicle no longer has its books or we would look it up in there.

Doesn't your car's user manual contains any guide on this??? :ph34r::blink::ph34r:

helps to read the entire post :P

Edited by Blue_Stivo

• 2 months later...

I have recently purchased the exact same year & model tarago & am having the same problem?

Did you ever find the elusive reservoir Gone Fishing? If so could you please tell me where it is!

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

i found the cap

it was under the carpet around the aera that the glovebox handle sits

eg look at the handle of the glovebox drop a plumbbob over the floor where it sits comfortablly then that is roughly where the lid for the resviviour is

• 10 months later...

My sister purchased a 1985 DX Tarago at Christmas time and now her front wiper bottle is empty. We have searched high and low and cannot locate the bottle to refill it. Logic with vans is that it is in either of 4 places .... front side panel on passenger side, front side panel on driver's side, under front dash or there is an access point on the front floor of the vehicle under the carpet ..... all searches in these and many more areas have been fruitless and we cannot locate this bottle. We have found the rear easily enough but would appreciate some assistance in locating the elusive front bottle. Unfortunately the vehicle no longer has its books or we would look it up in there. Any assistance rendered would be gratefully received. :)

We had a 1998 GLI Mk 1. If I recall the front washer bottle was inside the passengers door arch, down low acessible when the door was open near the rubber step (I could be mixing up with my early Hiace). Try anyway.

If not there try inside the back of tail gate opening , on the body at waist height, on the passengers side.

There could be two bottles.

The van has been gone for over 15 years so my recall is not so good.

• 1 year later...

i also have early tarago mine is under right side under tail gate cheers ; lance

• 7 months later...

I have come across a washer bag located under floor of Front Passenger with refill cap under carpet.

My 1987 Tarago runs from the rear tank.

Hope this helps.