speed warning system?

gday,

a long time ago in my parents (then) new toyota lexcen, the car included a speed monitor thingo where you can set the speed to 60km/h, and it would beep/light up when you went over that speed.

is there a similar aftermarket product to this on the market? there are gps thingos like navman that apparently have a speed warning thingo.. does it do the same thing?

ive checked on ebay.. right now theres only one item available that seems to match the description, but its used and costs 400+. im looking to see if this is the going rate or is there something cheaper that i can get... any help would be much appreciated.

jase

I remember seeing a speed warning device in one of the Repco stores in WA.

Can't remember the brand, but I think it is a circular device that needs to be hardwired from what I can recall.

yes it also helps you find where you are goin most sat navs have a speed alert feature builtin and it can update to the speed limits in particular areas

Toyota have good features.i will suggest you to drive slowly so that you and your car will be more safe.check out

Your replies really puzzle me man; especially when you check into threads just saying to take it to the service department or ask Toyota, etc. I see you have another screen name as well which has the exact same links in your signature. Something seems out of place if you ask me, especially after this comment:

you are planning to buy Toyota tiara.what i feel it's not maintainence free
as you can go for volkswagen

^^ ahah loving these replies really good info!

Never thought I would see an intelligent, useful answer from a spam-bot.

And I still haven't.

i got a tomtom and even though it is a gps it will tell you the speed you should be doing on a particular road and beep at you when you go over that limit. Mines very accurate so id defiantly recomend it. it also allows you to make an option to set a particular speed which is great for people on their L or P plates. otherwise you can allow it to automaticly change the limit for the road your driving on.

OR if you really dont like the idea of it all you can simply turn the feature off so no matter what speed your doing even if its over the limit it wont buzz @ you :lol: