koni yellows settings

50 lemons

just after a bit of info from those with koni yellows

since the rear shocks have to be removed to be adjusted, what would you reccommend as a firmness setting for the rear shocks? The car is a enthusiasticly daily driven. The car has sportivo accessory springs, whiteline sway bars front and rear and the front strut tower brace.

thanks

Wind them all the way to soft then count how many turns all the way to hard. Now wind them back to the softest setting and wind them up to roughly 3/4 of the way to hard and try them there. That is where I set most of them with king springs and it rieds well and handling is good as well. The sportivo accessory springs are a lil softer so you may have to do a lil bit of playing to get it to suit your needs.

Thanks for the info SB

The shocks went in yesterday. The fronts and rears have been set to 3/4 hard. The ride is firm yet comfortable. No more crashing over expansion joints in bridges compared to the factory shocks ^_^ which were well and trully rooted. the front shocks did not hiss or spray oil across the workshop when I drilled through the bottom of the factory struts and the rears did not rebound evenly from left to right.

No change to the ride hieght either which good as there a huge speed bumps and curbs at work.

Thanks for the info SB

The shocks went in yesterday. The fronts and rears have been set to 3/4 hard. The ride is firm yet comfortable. No more crashing over expansion joints in bridges compared to the factory shocks ^_^ which were well and trully rooted. the front shocks did not hiss or spray oil across the workshop when I drilled through the bottom of the factory struts and the rears did not rebound evenly from left to right.

No change to the ride hieght either which good as there a huge speed bumps and curbs at work.

how much did it cost all up?

i run my rears slightly harder than the front. In my car, with my tyres i find it improves turn in a touch which for me results in less udnersteer.

have had the rears in an out 3 times adjusting them. heaps of fun . . .

The shocks cost 1240 from cypher here in perth. Guess I can thank the aussie dollar going to mud for that.

fitting of shocks was done at a mates place and cost me a feed at nandos.

Edited by 50 lemons