bottoming out

AUR30N

do u mean bottoming out the suspension or scratching the front or rear?

cos i have been pretty close to bottoming out a few time from pot holes and rough mountain roads, in turms or scraping.....yes all the time u just have to angle it hardcore. front bar cops it a bit, exhast tips get scraped when reversing down driveways but the center of my car is the worst the exhaust scratches most speed bumps, scratches from the middle of the skirt until the back wheel goes over. not fun at shopping centers where theyhave 5 in a row and there all the tabletop ones that are like 4m long, u belly out somethin severe cos all 4 wheels are on the downslope lol have to get ur mates out for each one lol

Edited by ELEGNT

what the clearance diffrence on standard atx and sportivo between the ground and spoiler kits like the lip and side skirts

Well if you take a measurement of yours and post the figures here, I'll get measurements of mine. Then you can work out the difference.

no idea probly 20 mills....why are u worried about it anyway, if legal ground clearance is what your worried about its not the skirts that u should be worried about its the exhaust at about the Y section where the cars lowest point is

Edited by ELEGNT

For the sake of the question, for the body kit, the clearances at their lowest points:

Front lip - 205mm

Rear lip - 210mm

Side skirt - 180mm

But Rowan is right in saying this:

...its not the skirts that u should be worried about its the exhaust at about the Y section where the cars lowest point is

Most of the stuff underneath the car sits much lower than the body kit.

Does anyone bottom out with there car lowered on 20 inch rims

(i.e. side skirt or front lip or rear lip)

what the clearance diffrence on standard atx and sportivo between the ground and spoiler kits like the lip and side skirts

Azza

i dont fully undertand wat it is really u want out of this thread? please explain?

cos i have been pretty close to bottoming out a few time from pot holes and rough mountain roads, in turms or scraping.....yes all the time u just have to angle it hardcore. front bar cops it a bit, exhast tips get scraped when reversing down driveways but the center of my car is the worst the exhaust scratches most speed bumps, scratches from the middle of the skirt until the back wheel goes over. not fun at shopping centers where theyhave 5 in a row and there all the tabletop ones that are like 4m long, u belly out somethin severe cos all 4 wheels are on the downslope lol have to get ur mates out for each one lol

Stories like these steer me away from lowering my car. Practicality or looks. It can be a tough decision sometimes. That said, you don't put 20's on and tell yourself that you won't lower it. So once the 20's are on, you are going to have to live with the lowering decision.

I don't think I can go lower:

copyofimage118.th.jpg copyofimage117.th.jpg

On the topic of lowering, if you got serious money to spend these would be the ideal solution if you are after a massive drop while minimising damage that can happen:

Air Force Suspension

yeh i couldnt emagine the practicality of superlows it would just be u in the car at all time otherwise fail....coilovers is the only way...im happy with mine tho...its high enoguth to have a full car and with very subtle driving u can get away with no scraping and bottoming out but low enough to look tough and have a bit of a laugh when u actually have to chuck people out to get over somthing lol

daryl, dips in the ground FTW hahah get a really big one and ull be under the ground HAHAHAHA :ph34r:

Edited by ELEGNT

On the topic of lowering, if you got serious money to spend these would be the ideal solution if you are after a massive drop while minimising damage that can happen:

Air Force Suspension

Plz take a pic on the same spot with full load of passengers.. :lol:

Does this basically mean u need to chuck people out before & after u drive from and to the garage?

Man...I thought I'm the only one.. :lol:

Been in contact with few kings reseller's my vechile will drop 30mills after its setlled approx 1000km.

$495 supplied and installed with wheel balance all of them said a 30mil drop not camber pins will be needed. only bump stop need to be slighly shortened.

Azza

Been in contact with few kings reseller's my vechile will drop 30mills after its setlled approx 1000km.

$495 supplied and installed with wheel balance all of them said a 30mil drop not camber pins will be needed. only bump stop need to be slighly shortened.

Azza

as i said never bottomed out on my kings, bump stops not changed and it was a 33 front and 50 rear drop.....i think u will also find its alot more than 30 mills

ps. put a new thread up with some pics of the new wheels

Edited by ELEGNT

Does this basically mean u need to chuck people out before & after u drive from and to the garage?

This was just a mate's place. Funny thing is, nearly all my mates have some driveway along these lines. Mine has better clearance though and can take it full of passengers. I would hate to see the effects of taking that driveway with people in the rear seats.

as i said never bottomed out on my kings, bump stops not changed and it was a 33 front and 50 rear drop.....i think u will also find its alot more than 30 mills

I'm still wondering how much longer the factory shocks are going to last. Hopefully by the time they do blow, there will be aftermarket replacements made to go with lowering springs.

I'm still wondering how much longer the factory shocks are going to last. Hopefully by the time they do blow, there will be aftermarket replacements made to go with lowering springs.

i worry about that everytime i drive it....how do you know when they are going out?

i worry about that everytime i drive it....how do you know when they are going out?

In your case, I'm fairly sure you will know when they are gone, or getting really close to... especially in the rear. Visual signs are oil leaking from the strut, and excessive bounciness when you push down firmly and releasing one of the struts. While driving you may notice it bottoming out more and hitting the bump stop, and it may feel a little more bouncy after going over a bump. Also as well, if they are stuffed, braking hard will cause more nose dive, and accelerating hard from a stop will certainly feel a little different.

In your case, I'm fairly sure you will know when they are gone, or getting really close to... especially in the rear. Visual signs are oil leaking from the strut, and excessive bounciness when you push down firmly and releasing one of the struts. While driving you may notice it bottoming out more and hitting the bump stop, and it may feel a little more bouncy after going over a bump. Also as well, if they are stuffed, braking hard will cause more nose dive, and accelerating hard from a stop will certainly feel a little different.

mmmmm nice one to get me worried lol....thanks for info tho ill certainly look of for it....if there is nothing aftermaket going around when they cark it, i cant even emagine what toyota would charge for a whole set, the thought is really scary they are such a rip! i think ill be going JIN styles....coilovers FTW :spiteful:

Air Force Suspension

Hey DJKOR,

if you lower your car, you will have to get everyone out of the car and help you push it off that slope :P

Evo