I can't hear you....

Presara

Can anyone shed some light on this issue I'm having.

I've always had to speak, what is in my view louder than I normally would when making a call in any car using Blue Tooth to allow for road noise, e.t.c. However my Presara's Blue Tooth feature is really starting to get the better of me. Whenever I make or receive a call the person on the other end can not hear me unless I raise my voice.

At the end of the day raising one's voice is do-able, but in reality, shouldn't the vehicles inbuilt microphone sensitivity be factory set to work perfectly at normal voice, just as you would if you were speaking to someone in the passenger seat?

I know you can adjust the speaker volume amidst a call by adjusting the volume level on the steering wheel, but can someone tell me how to increase the microphones sensitivity (if that's even possible)?

NOTE: I tried using a different mobile phone; not that I thought the phone was ever the problem, and sure enough the problem still presented itself, so it's got to be the car. :(

I've always had to speak, what is in my view louder than I normally would when making a call in any car using Blue Tooth to allow for road noise, e.t.c. However my Presara's Blue Tooth feature is really starting to get the better of me. Whenever I make or receive a call the person on the other end can not hear me unless I raise my voice.

At the end of the day raising one's voice is do-able, but in reality, shouldn't the vehicles inbuilt microphone sensitivity be factory set to work perfectly at normal voice, just as you would if you were speaking to someone in the passenger seat?

I know you can adjust the speaker volume amidst a call by adjusting the volume level on the steering wheel, but can someone tell me how to increase the microphones sensitivity (if that's even possible)?

NOTE: I tried using a different mobile phone; not that I thought the phone was ever the problem, and sure enough the problem still presented itself, so it's got to be the car. :(

Can you reposition the mic? It's one of the biggest reasons for low-ish volume when you've got a handsfree kit.

I had this problem when i first bought my car... If it's from the factory, u should just go to the dealer and explain the issue.

I remembered something about the microphone being the problem.

Hi guys, thanks for the input.

I'm afraid the microphone is hard fixed/integrated with the Toyota Link Control Panel above the revision mirror. This is a centralised position which makes perfect sense, to enable either driver or passenger in the front of the vehicle to converse.

I'm taking the car to Rockhampton Toyota next week for a noise in the steering column, and I'll be sure to ask the same question of them about the microphone.

Please anticipate an update from me as to whether or not Toyota have a fix. :g:

Sincerely,

John

alias- Presara

Edited by Presara

It is adjustable there are settings which can be changed.

I will look them up and let you know how. The dealer can do this for you too of course.

This TSB was just recently released for the US market. I don't know if the procedure will work on your car, but it might be worth a try:

http://mojavetrail.webng.com/T-SB-0097-09B...thMicVolume.pdf

This TSB was just recently released for the US market. I don't know if the procedure will work on your car, but it might be worth a try:

http://mojavetrail.webng.com/T-SB-0097-09B...thMicVolume.pdf

Thanks, I'll give this a try and let you know how it goes before I drop the car off on Wednesday at Toyota for other warranty issues (Noisy steering wheel/column vibration and exceedingly low speed when turning).