MG NXT Tech Wax 2.0

AUR30N

Hi,

Iam always a believer to give products a go

so my question is does it remove the old wax on your car the MG NXT Tech Wax? if not can you apply it over the top?

I don't like the idea applying diffrent product over the top of each other as you don't get the proper result

Azza

depending how often you clean/wash/detail ur car...

generally it will be done in this order...

wash

clay

polish

wax

seal

nxt i think its on sale @ supercheap atm...!

I ended up striping my old wax with mother wax cleaner.

I then applied MG NXT Gen 2.0 what a bitch it was to apply on white based car i couldn't really see it unless i angled my self making sure i applied to all areas.

final finsh impressed it seem to give more of reflective shine than what carnubwa wax does but it didn't give a depth look as carnubwa wax did.

time it takes to re apply not sure will soon find out.

Azza

In a way you are lucky to have a white car when using the NXT 2.0 wax. The one thing that really annoys me about the NXT is that it has a greasy finish to it and requires a fair bit of buffing to make it smooth. You would think everything is fine in daylight, but then night comes and you can see an oily looking finish under the moonlight. On a darker colour car you really notice this, but on a lighter colour it blends in. Regardless, it is a great wax for a deep shine.

The NXT 2.0 wax isn't as durable as a carnauba wax but if you were after the look and not so much the protection, then it is worth the effort of frequent re-application.

In answering the first question, no it does not strip off previous layers of wax. This specific wax is able to be layered on for a more durable finish. For best results, you should wait 12 hours between re-application but for a majority of people, this is not really an option. If you don't really have the time and would like to do a second (or third layer), wait at least two hours after the first bufffing so that it can get some time to cure a little.

In a way you are lucky to have a white car when using the NXT 2.0 wax. The one thing that really annoys me about the NXT is that it has a greasy finish to it and requires a fair bit of buffing to make it smooth. You would think everything is fine in daylight, but then night comes and you can see an oily looking finish under the moonlight. On a darker colour car you really notice this, but on a lighter colour it blends in. Regardless, it is a great wax for a deep shine.

The NXT 2.0 wax isn't as durable as a carnauba wax but if you were after the look and not so much the protection, then it is worth the effort of frequent re-application.

In answering the first question, no it does not strip off previous layers of wax. This specific wax is able to be layered on for a more durable finish. For best results, you should wait 12 hours between re-application but for a majority of people, this is not really an option. If you don't really have the time and would like to do a second (or third layer), wait at least two hours after the first bufffing so that it can get some time to cure a little.

Apply some carnauba wax over the top of the MG texh wax. works well

Azza

I finished of my car today after applying 2 coats of NXT 2.0 over 2 days with P21S Concours Carnauba Wax (original) and then finally with Mothers Reflections Top Coat yeah not bad looking allot better than MG NXT 2.0 on its own.

but i think i will go back to using Zaino Z-2 Pro Paint Polish then P21S Concours Carnauba Wax (original) & then Mothers Reflections Top Coat

I highly recomend the zanio z-2 see for your self's (give it ago it also doesn't change the colour of car by making it darker) then compare

overall MG NXT tech wax 2.0 is good but Zanio is the beez neezs

Zanio Z-2 - http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/...show_car_polish

P21S Concours Carnuaba wax - http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/...rs_carnauba_wax

Mothers Refelections - http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/...ctions_top_coat

PS reason why MG NXT 2.0 don't last is cause its a sealer and needs to be waxed.....

Azza

wash

clay

polish

wax

seal

I "polished" the car when I first got it. the worst thing I have done for a while. Left the car with millions of spider web looking scratches. I quickly learnt to "wax" NOT polish on new/well kept cars. Was a ok brand, like "turtle polishing wax".

Thanks for the tip, I didn't know about a sealer.

Isnt the clay bar a wax ?

Nup. Think of the clay bar as a soap bar for your car. It cleans the surface of your car to make it absolutely clean and smooth.

I had similar experience, and ended up spending much much more to 'fix' them..

then i decided, rather pay someone to properly do it..

wash

clay

polish

wax

seal

I "polished" the car when I first got it. the worst thing I have done for a while. Left the car with millions of spider web looking scratches. I quickly learnt to "wax" NOT polish on new/well kept cars. Was a ok brand, like "turtle polishing wax".

Thanks for the tip, I didn't know about a sealer.

polishing is not for the faint hearted...

also depending on the conditions of the clearcoat & paint whether you really need it or not...

yes if u made a mistake the result is pretty bad tbh...

otherwise clay and some Meguairs light/medium cuts will do you fine if you car isnt look after properly...